WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rocky - Stick or twist

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Rocky - Stick or twist

Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:13 pm  

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I rate Hampshire but there are also a few other good halves looking for clubs. One being Drinkwater and if I had the choice in my opinion Drinkwater would be a better fit into our team. Only my opinion of course.
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm  

musson wrote:
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It's quite an interesting situation with rocky and i feel he is starting to come across a bit of a mercenary

I can't help but feel him dragging this out will not endear him to the fans or the players either

I appreciate he's wants paying what he wants paying but it seems to me the answer is simple. As yet he has proved only that he is worth a shot as our starting SH and nothing else

If he believed in him self so much, sign the contract
BUT for a year and put prove you are worth what you think you are worth

As things stand at the minute he's looked good in a handful of matches and 'could' do a good job for us at SH next season
The rest of what we know about him is that he's being an ok utility player at Leigh / Wigan
Last edited by musson on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 pm  

User avatarNEtrinity wrote:
NEtrinity User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Prince Buster wrote:
I rate Hampshire but there are also a few other good halves looking for clubs. One being Drinkwater and if I had the choice in my opinion Drinkwater would be a better fit into our team. Only my opinion of course.

quota full.
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:25 pm  

musson wrote:
Free-scoring winger

Prince Buster wrote:

This is my opinion also
Drinkwater is exactly what we need but unless some one comes of quota I can't see it

Rumours are drinkwater is going to leeds
Leeds have already signed lolohea

Could myler be on his way out at leeds? The fans not happy with him
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:25 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Prince Buster wrote:

I think we benefit massively from the pace Hampshire and Miller have at half. It just puts that extra doubt in defence which opens up opportunities. I haven't seem much of Drinkwater but he has never struck me as a speedster.
1/10
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:28 pm  

musson wrote:
Free-scoring winger

Khlav Kalash wrote:
I think we benefit massively from the pace Hampshire and Miller have at half. It just puts that extra doubt in defence which opens up opportunities. I haven't seem much of Drinkwater but he has never struck me as a speedster.

I think it's generally accepted on here we need some one to run the plays and to bring a strong kicking game

Both those two factors are more important than speed to this team (IMO)
We have class stand off with pace to burn in Jacob miller already
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:40 pm  

User avatarKhlav Kalash wrote:
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

musson wrote:
I think it's generally accepted on here we need some one to run the plays and to bring a strong kicking game

Indeed but I think Hampshire has those two traits but with the benefit of having pace in his locker. Could Drinkwater have scored the try Hampshire did last Friday (granted he may have nailed the 4 conversions that were missed but Hampshire has been good with the boot before then)?
1/10
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:43 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

musson wrote:

Better still we have pace right across the backline that a smart H/B could really get moving.

Truth is we could do with both Drinkwater and Hampshire but I can't see that being on.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:44 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Khlav Kalash wrote:

Last year we ended up in roughly the same position as this year with the slowest HB in SL history so I'm not convinced on that argument to be honest.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:54 pm  

RWB wrote:
RWB Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

If I had to guess I think he'll sign on for next year, hard to imagine there is another SL club that can offer him a starting spot at halfback next year and I imagine he and his agent knows that. I hope they are just holding out for Trinity's best offer which you can't really blame them for.

I think most people would be happy with Rocky as starting 7 next year and I hope the offer we have made reflects that. Factoring in that he is not at his peak (yet) and there is room for improvement and also that as a club we don't pay the full cap.
PreviousNext