WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rocky - Stick or twist

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Rocky - Stick or twist

Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 428
Rep Position: 45th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7463
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
vastman wrote:
There is as we all know only one other answer and that's for people like Belly or more to the point the sort of people he knows to cough up. If say another 10k could do the deal then if 10 people for example contributed 1k a year for say three years to his wage then hey job done. .


I thought about this in a similar way to the old extra £1 for Nigel Wright type thing. Problem is, it might get the extra finance but it still upsets the team ideals of MC and CC as it gives more to RH than the "club" can afford.

Plus: If I have a spare £1k or £2k it may be more useful and worthwhile to go towards any future fight against Box and crew.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 am
Posted by Prince Buster on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 am
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 175
Rep Position: 147th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3907
Location: Orange street
Its all speculation so far but just for the fun of it, here is a thought.

There is a popular view that we want Ryan but are unwilling to reach his financial demands. We also think we just need to go a little bit higher to close the deal.


Well lets say we are 10K per year short and Hampshire is turning us down for that, then if so the kid must be crazy.


By the time you take tax, NI, agents % out of the 10 K it is considerably less. Then you have to consider where he will play, and west yorks is not an option so he has travelling time and expense to consider. Then will his new contract give him a first choice pick at No 7 ?


So if he is sticking out for a few quid more it seems unlikely and I would suggest the amount extra he wants is quite considerable.


ALL SPECULATION OF COURSE!!!
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am
Posted by wakefieldwall on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am
wakefieldwall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 162
Rep Position: 154th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:26 pm
Posts: 1015
Sounds from reading the full story there's some wiggle room, would just be nice to have the 7 sorted heading in to the close season so everyone can go on holiday happy. I'm a realist unfortunately the good folk of Wakefield don't seem to want to turn up in the 5k plus MC needs to move us on at the moment so we're in the boat we are in. Frustrating as it is.
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am
Posted by vastman on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 957
Rep Position: 4th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28950
Location: Poodle Power!
Prince Buster wrote:
Its all speculation so far but just for the fun of it, here is a thought.

There is a popular view that we want Ryan but are unwilling to reach his financial demands. We also think we just need to go a little bit higher to close the deal.


Well lets say we are 10K per year short and Hampshire is turning us down for that, then if so the kid must be crazy.


By the time you take tax, NI, agents % out of the 10 K it is considerably less. Then you have to consider where he will play, and west yorks is not an option so he has travelling time and expense to consider. Then will his new contract give him a first choice pick at No 7 ?


So if he is sticking out for a few quid more it seems unlikely and I would suggest the amount extra he wants is quite considerable.


ALL SPECULATION OF COURSE!!!


TBF I just used 10k as an example and I too suspect the difference is a bit more or as you say he'd crackers which I don't think he is.

However the point is that whatever the difference it will have to come from somewhere else if we are to keep him. Go on Prince cough up :D
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:34 am
Posted by JINJER on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:34 am
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 144
Rep Position: 169th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 7150
Location: WF6,a small town in Wakefield
Right while we're playing silly beggars and speculating here's my two pennorth. Apparently at Leigh Ryan was on a very good contract, rumoured to be around £100K, he went public and suggested he'd come to Trinity for a third of what he was on at Leigh, so could quite possibly be on £30K at this moment, not a great amount for what is a short career. I've absolutely no idea what we pay as a club but would suggest he's worth a fair bit more than £30K.
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:12 am
Posted by vastman on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:12 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 957
Rep Position: 4th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28950
Location: Poodle Power!
JINJER wrote:
Right while we're playing silly beggars and speculating here's my two pennorth. Apparently at Leigh Ryan was on a very good contract, rumoured to be around £100K, he went public and suggested he'd come to Trinity for a third of what he was on at Leigh, so could quite possibly be on £30K at this moment, not a great amount for what is a short career. I've absolutely no idea what we pay as a club but would suggest he's worth a fair bit more than £30K.


It's not his worth that the issue in my eyes, that's between him and the club. The issue is whether the club can bridge the gap between what he might accept and where we are now.

The more I think about this the more I think that both the club and the player are victims of circumstance and if Rocky is to stay he looks like being the one who will have to give the most. This is unfortunate for him but as we all know he's a free agent so if he can get more elsewhere I wish him all the best and I'll have to live with the disapointment.

In the words of the Stones 'you can't always get what you but sometimes you just might find you get what you need' and that applies to all parties. Or to be less cryptic, you can't win them all.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:19 am
Posted by steadygetyerboots-on on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:19 am
steadygetyerboots-on Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 67
Rep Position: 237th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:39 pm
Posts: 1142
Location: Working in the belly of the beast!
vastman wrote:
It's not his worth that the issue in my eyes, that's between him and the club. The issue is whether the club can bridge the gap between what he might accept and where we are now.

The more I think about this the more I think that both the club and the player are victims of circumstance and if Rocky is to stay he looks like being the one who will have to give the most. This is unfortunate for him but as we all know he's a free agent so if he can get more elsewhere I wish him all the best and I'll have to live with the disapointment.

In the words of the Stones 'you can't always get what you but sometimes you just might find you get what you need' and that applies to all parties. Or to be less cryptic, you can't win them all.


If only a club was showing some interest in another one of your players! ;)
Are wakey well stocked in any positions less important than halfback? Say centre for example ;)
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 am
Posted by Khlav Kalash on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 am
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 292
Rep Position: 84th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 11443
Location: No bowl, stick, STICK!
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
If only a club was showing some interest in another one of your players! ;)
Are wakey well stocked in any positions less important than halfback? Say centre for example ;)

I suppose Arundel started out there so why not.

Oh, and if said club are showing interest then they at least will have to make contact with the players current employer, which they don't seem to have done.
1/10
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm
Posted by PopTart on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 998
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12299
Location: wakefield
Khlav Kalash wrote:
I suppose Arundel started out there so why not.

Oh, and if said club are showing interest then they at least will have to make contact with the players current employer, which they don't seem to have done.


And if they've contacted the player before his employer they are breaking RFL rules. I'm sure those nice people over the common wouldn't do that.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Rocky - Stick or twist
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:57 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:57 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 383
Rep Position: 56th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 5441
JINJER wrote:
Right while we're playing silly beggars and speculating here's my two pennorth. Apparently at Leigh Ryan was on a very good contract, rumoured to be around £100K, he went public and suggested he'd come to Trinity for a third of what he was on at Leigh, so could quite possibly be on £30K at this moment, not a great amount for what is a short career. I've absolutely no idea what we pay as a club but would suggest he's worth a fair bit more than £30K.

As a guess from when we signed him & not really knowing he'd take over at halfback, his value to the club will be more and the offer this time around I imagine will be better. But it sounds as though it's not what he or his agent thinks he's worth.

As others have said he's a bit unlucky that he's come at a time that we've got a few good players on our books that have had recent extensions. ATEOTD we just don't know what amount would keep him here, it may be that if we had some spare money that the Club may think he's asking too much or conversely another £10 grand or so they'd be prepared to pay if we had it.
We could go round in circles on this one.

I wonder if/when he tests the market and maybe doesn't get a better all around offer, what happens? He excepts ours and we move on to next year?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alegend, bren2k, cosmicat, dboy, JINJER, Kirmudgeonly, phe13, PopTart, RickK, Sandal Cat, TheDreadnought, Trin3195, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 108 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,986,0721,52577,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 17th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 2nd Jul 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33