WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rob Burrow part 2

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Rob Burrow part 2

Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 pm  

dickie mint wrote:
dickie mint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

try scorer wrote:
That's where they came from dickie Ivor was the best known I should say but I honestly was thinking about the lindops don't know how the lingards happened old lad unless it's old age or the couple of tots of whiskey. I'd had to keep me going while I get my jab.

It comes to us all mate, I'm still convinced to this day fifty odd years later that we bought Joe Bonner from Workington for £6K, but apparently it was from Whitehaven, good old Wikipedia, not to mention Wakefield Loco turning into Brookhouse when they lost to Donny in the Challenge cup, especially when I watched the game :DOH:
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:29 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

dickie mint wrote:
It comes to us all mate, I'm still convinced to this day fifty odd years later that we bought Joe Bonner from Workington for £6K, but apparently it was from Whitehaven, good old Wikipedia, not to mention Wakefield Loco turning into Brookhouse when they lost to Donny in the Challenge cup, especially when I watched the game :DOH:

Joe Bonnar, a great little scrum half who formed a long term half back partnership with the legendary Dave "Toppo" Topliss.
At the time of the Lofthouse pit disaster in March, 1973, Joe Bonnar did a full shift helping in the rescue attempts to recover the six lost miners and then turned out for Trinity in a night match of the same day. A real hero.
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 pm  

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Redscat wrote:
Joe Bonnar, a great little scrum half who formed a long term half back partnership with the legendary Dave "Toppo" Topliss.
At the time of the Lofthouse pit disaster in March, 1973, Joe Bonnar did a full shift helping in the rescue attempts to recover the six lost miners and then turned out for Trinity in a night match of the same day. A real hero.

Jesus. Cut from a different cloth those boys. My dad was a miner at the prince of wales colliery, different breed
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 pm  

Big lads mate Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Pat Bateman wrote:
Jesus. Cut from a different cloth those boys. My dad was a miner at the prince of wales colliery, different breed

When was he at POW ? I was there from 91 till the 2002 shut down.
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm  

Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Big lads mate wrote:

85 to about 95/96 I think.
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm  

Silver RLFANS Member

Pat Bateman wrote:
85 to about 95/96 I think.

Best pit out of the 5 I’ve worked at, great set of lads, made some friends for life there.
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:13 pm  

Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Big lads mate wrote:
Best pit out of the 5 I’ve worked at, great set of lads, made some friends for life there.

He knows you! He bumped into you just after Christmas outside the ridings. Small world. Speaks highly of you anyway!
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:22 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Big lads mate wrote:

I still have nightmares about that place, I need to lay down just thinking about it.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm  

Redscat wrote:
Redscat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Pat Bateman wrote:
He knows you! He bumped into you just after Christmas outside the ridings. Small world. Speaks highly of you anyway!

So does Barnsley Gull!!!!
Re: Rob Burrow part 2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 pm  

Silver RLFANS Member

Pat Bateman wrote:

Bloody hell who would have thought,didn’t know he was your dad, I feel really old now :( cracking lad always good for a natter at games and on here :wink:
PreviousNext