WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NRL forward
Re: NRL forward Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:20 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13568
Location: wakefield
1315trinity wrote:
You just don't get the point PT - I'm amazed!
Flower's first punch you could put down to frustration and similar seen many times.
You don't think he knew the player was 'out? - well he had a bit of a clue didn't he because he was laid flat out, and Flower had to bend over to hit him hard in the face again! I wander what your attitude would have been had that been someone you knew or a relative ?


You are proving the point.
He didn't have to bend over. That's what it looks like on the still but he was holding him and falling forward.

LH ran in on him with an elbow off the ball and gave him some lip because he dropped the ball with an open line. It was a grubby thing to do.
Flower punched him in retaliation. Yes he should have left it at that but in a punch up in the middle of a crowd you don't have time to think like that. In any other situation he would have expected one coming back. It was a nothing punch because he was falling over and the stills make it look so much worse.
If it was my friend while I was playing I'd have defended LH just like Sts did but I would have left it on the field. He wasn't hurt.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: NRL forward Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1873
Location: Tomorrowland
PopTart wrote:
You are proving the point.
He didn't have to bend over. That's what it looks like on the still but he was holding him and falling forward.

LH ran in on him with an elbow off the ball and gave him some lip because he dropped the ball with an open line. It was a grubby thing to do.
Flower punched him in retaliation. Yes he should have left it at that but in a punch up in the middle of a crowd you don't have time to think like that. In any other situation he would have expected one coming back. It was a nothing punch because he was falling over and the stills make it look so much worse.
If it was my friend while I was playing I'd have defended LH just like Sts did but I would have left it on the field. He wasn't hurt.


Sorry PT you are wrong on the first bit, he actually got down on a knee to punch him the second time whilst he was flat on the floor, go watch the video.

Everybody makes mistakes, it was 6 years ago under grand final lights and immense pressure, we should let go of the past now and I would not have batted an eyelid if we had signed him, probably have been quite happy actually.
Re: NRL forward Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:53 pm  

1315trinity wrote:
1315trinity Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Posts: 296
Location: Durkar
PopTart wrote:
You are proving the point.
He didn't have to bend over. That's what it looks like on the still but he was holding him and falling forward.

LH ran in on him with an elbow off the ball and gave him some lip because he dropped the ball with an open line. It was a grubby thing to do.
Flower punched him in retaliation. Yes he should have left it at that but in a punch up in the middle of a crowd you don't have time to think like that. In any other situation he would have expected one coming back. It was a nothing punch because he was falling over and the stills make it look so much worse.
If it was my friend while I was playing I'd have defended LH just like Sts did but I would have left it on the field. He wasn't hurt.


Ok PT we’ll leave it at that not worth falling out over!
A long time ago anyway
Re: NRL forward Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:01 pm  

User avatarSchunter wrote:
Schunter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 4709
Location: Shirley Williams is rancid
vastman wrote:
I’ll add to this one more time. We live in an era of instant outrage yet I guarantee you that had Fifita done this most of the outraged on here would be constructing elaborate excuses for him. Probably be a subconscious act of loyalty but they would.

He did it, he paid the price, let’s him move on. Potentially he could have seriously injured the other players but the law and life don’t operate on might haves. A reckless act that resulted in no serious injury that was dealt with very effectively at the time, leave it there.

One more point. We as fans allow young men, some of whom are none to bright, to batter each other for our entertainment.
Then on the rare occasion when things go wrong and they momentarily lose it whilst under huge pressure we chastise them for being human.

Just a touch hypocritical?


And when they play with a lack of 'intensity' we all complain. We demand aggression and sometimes it's inevitable that it gets out of hand. I think the worst offences are the ones that are more calculated, the sly ones, in Flower's case it was a rush of blood probably due to how pumped up he was.
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'
Re: NRL forward Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:02 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2195
It would appear we are interested in signing Gavet from Huddersfield. He is not so much a current NRL forward but he certainly was and to make way for the signing it is suggested that Tangata will be the one to go.
Re: NRL forward Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:33 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3100
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
It would appear we are interested in signing Gavet from Huddersfield. He is not so much a current NRL forward but he certainly was and to make way for the signing it is suggested that Tangata will be the one to go.


Tangata has always been a loan player and has never been a Wakey player. I don’t recall any announcements other than him being on season long loan.

Yet people keep suggesting he’s signed up for 2021 despite no announcement. Where exactly is the evidence he’s a wakey player?

And it looks like the NRL forward mission has failed if we are looking at Gavet.

I’m starting to worry at what props we will be going into 2021 with. We lack depth and look weak in that area.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: NRL forward Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:49 pm  

Trinityknight Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 4:03 am
Posts: 376
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
It would appear we are interested in signing Gavet from Huddersfield. He is not so much a current NRL forward but he certainly was and to make way for the signing it is suggested that Tangata will be the one to go.


Personally hope we dont sign gavet dont see how he can improve us he done nothing for hudds
Re: NRL forward Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:07 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3100
Trinityknight wrote:
Personally hope we dont sign gavet dont see how he can improve us he done nothing for hudds


But if a speculator signing if true. 1 year at Hudds and they’re offering him out and new coach doesn’t want him bottom line.

And he’s also 32 next year. We already have 3 props 31/32/32 next year. It will be like dads army.

We need some younger props about to hit their straps and be looking for the a long term solution for props.

Gavet is not the answer for me and it smacks of desperation which worries me.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: NRL forward Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:49 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29936
Location: Poodle Power!
I’ve seen worse suggestions.

Unlike the experts I don’t have an opinion either way, if CC wants him fine.

What I will take issue with is the stupid notion that just because he’s not settled at Hudds that somehow makes him a bad signing.

Utter nonsense, do people never learn for crying out load!

Hasn’t a player who failed to impress at Trinity just won MOS? Or did I just imagine that :roll: :roll:
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: NRL forward Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:37 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 13568
Location: wakefield
vastman wrote:
I’ve seen worse suggestions.

Unlike the experts I don’t have an opinion either way, if CC wants him fine.

What I will take issue with is the stupid notion that just because he’s not settled at Hudds that somehow makes him a bad signing.

Utter nonsense, do people never learn for crying out load!

Hasn’t a player who failed to impress at Trinity just won MOS? Or did I just imagine that :roll: :roll:


I agree.
I find that the Giants have a good recruitment policy compared to many clubs.
Giants have changed coaches and have money so if he came on the recommendation of the last coach you can understand the move.
Plenty of clubs in NRL thought he was worth getting in their team.

If Chester likes him then I'm happy.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cheshirecat57, PopTart and 94 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,117,87877878,4354,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X