WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Worried for next season.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Worried for next season.

Re: Worried for next season.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 am
Posted by PopTart on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 947
Rep Position: 5th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
We'll see next season how good a deal Leeds have got BUT my point was more in response to the post saying Cas had "got rid".

Fair point. I see what you mean.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 am
Posted by MOPSEY LIVES ON on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:21 am
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 89
Rep Position: 208th / 77,841

Fishermanscap wrote:
No I think we got him off the dole, I think Leigh had cancelled all contracts by then.

Not sure about the panic other than we have this one every year. Also worth noting that Tanganoa is technically a new signing who we got slightly earlier than expected, people have very short memories they really do. Tanganoa for me is one of the best NRL signings SL has made in years.
........................leave it out Mopsey. No need to have a go at him personally. Just comment on the subject. If he's wrong it should be easy to counter his point. Poptart
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am
Posted by alegend on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:00 am
alegend Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 239th / 77,841

Was just pointing out the difference in attitude between the Cas coach and Wakey coach.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 am
Posted by homme vaste on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 am
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 436
Rep Position: 45th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 184

alegend wrote:
Was just pointing out the difference in attitude between the Cas coach and Wakey coach.

Yet if Chester signed the same players Powell has signed in the past few seasons, I am sure you would be still disappointed? Most of his signings are from lower quality SL teams of championship teams and generally are not viewed as great or even good player in some cases.

And I don`t think he has necessarily made the right call on some of his players contract renewals or new signings for that matter, the like of Joe Wardle, Jamie Ellis have been terrible calls and they happen with every team and coach, I actually think Chester has got it right a lot more than he has got it wrong.

The only other thing I can think of when it comes to attitude is talking about injuries, surely you cant be talking about that? Powell has brought it up in every sky interview he has done since mid season, whilst also moaning about the match officials on every chance he gets to.

I used to rate Powell as the best coach in the league but after the last few seasons, I am just not sure anymore.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 273
Rep Position: 90th / 77,841

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
........................leave it out Mopsey. No need to have a go at him personally. Just comment on the subject. If he's wrong it should be easy to counter his point. Poptart

Snip, self edited
Last edited by Fishermanscap on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:30 am
Posted by Shifty Cat on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:30 am
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 362
Rep Position: 60th / 77,841

homme vaste wrote:
Yet if Chester signed the same players Powell has signed in the past few seasons, I am sure you would be still disappointed? Most of his signings are from lower quality SL teams of championship teams and generally are not viewed as great or even good player in some cases.

And I don`t think he has necessarily made the right call on some of his players contract renewals or new signings for that matter, the like of Joe Wardle, Jamie Ellis have been terrible calls and they happen with every team and coach, I actually think Chester has got it right a lot more than he has got it wrong.

The only other thing I can think of when it comes to attitude is talking about injuries, surely you cant be talking about that? Powell has brought it up in every sky interview he has done since mid season, whilst also moaning about the match officials on every chance he gets to.

I used to rate Powell as the best coach in the league but after the last few seasons, I am just not sure anymore.

Funnily enough Powell's raided London on a number of occasions, especially when they went down in 2014 and the year before. He got the likes of Solomona , McMeeken, Cook, Dorn plus Egodo and probably a couple of others I've forgotten.

Powell's post match interviews have gone from being generally grumpy to cringe-worthy;the bloke just never seems happy at all, a proper downer
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 am
Posted by bren2k on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 622
Rep Position: 19th / 77,841

Shifty Cat wrote:
Powell's post match interviews have gone from being generally grumpy to cringe-worthy;the bloke just never seems happy at all, a proper downer

I think he went to the same media training classes as Brian Mac - appear dour and serious at all times, and ensure that any failures are attributed to anyone other than you. Brian Mac did the extra module of course, which was about trying to appear wise and philosophical by spouting esoteric bollox that doesn't make any sense at all.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 am
Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 273
Rep Position: 90th / 77,841

PopTart wrote:
Yer that really help. Thanks :roll:

Thought it did, remove it if you want I'm not that bothered I'm not interested in a feud, bit hard to reply when I don't know what was said tbf.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 362
Rep Position: 60th / 77,841

bren2k wrote:
I think he went to the same media training classes as Brian Mac - appear dour and serious at all times, and ensure that any failures are attributed to anyone other than you. Brian Mac did the extra module of course, which was about trying to appear wise and philosophical by spouting esoteric bollox that doesn't make any sense at all.

:lol:
Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Posted by PopTart on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 947
Rep Position: 5th / 77,841

Do we like Sean Lunt as a Hooker if he wants to move on?
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
PreviousNext