WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team for Sunday

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Team for Sunday

Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 am
Fishermanscap Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 266
Rep Position: 94th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 934
Wakefield City wrote:
Yesterday’s performance I would describe as if we’d have played like that in the last 3 months we’d be top 5 not battling relegation.
HKRs performance was like watching us for the last 3 months.
And hicks was trying his best to keep them in it.
Up the Trin


This was my point in my rather long-winded thread I posted earlier.

From a fans point of view, it's hard to reconcile. Yes, we hear all the injury stuff but when we see that performance yesterday we just wonder where the hell its been hiding.

When you're capable of being that good why wouldn't you attempt to be so all the time? Yeah, you won't win them all but as you say we'd be nearer 30 points now than 20 even with the injury crisis. Odd. :WALL:
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 am
Posted by PopTart on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 936
Rep Position: 6th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12030
Location: wakefield
I don't think Pinkney is correct but equally I don't think anyone is saying we are suddenly world beaters.

I'd say the change, with the injuries we still have make so that we should be aiming to be above Leeds.
We can't get higher but mid table obscurity, not being involved in the 5 or the relegation battle is perfectly fine right now.

When we get Tom, Fifita, Ashurst and Arona back with a couple of other possible changes I'll be hoping for the 5 and a challenge cup run again.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 am
Posted by PopTart on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 936
Rep Position: 6th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12030
Location: wakefield
Fishermanscap wrote:
This was my point in my rather long-winded thread I posted earlier.

From a fans point of view, it's hard to reconcile. Yes, we hear all the injury stuff but when we see that performance yesterday we just wonder where the hell its been hiding.

When you're capable of being that good why wouldn't you attempt to be so all the time? Yeah, you won't win them all but as you say we'd be nearer 30 points now than 20 even with the injury crisis. Odd. :WALL:


Because life doesn't work like that. You can't be on top of your game every day.
For me that performance would have beaten Leeds and the effort against Hull was comparable but Hull were better than Hull KR. Wigan and Sts would still have beaten us yesterday imho but it would have been a good match.

I don't understand when people equate score line to effort. It's not the only thing that's going on.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 am
Posted by musson on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 am
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 189
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 28

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 1164
PopTart wrote:
It's only my opinion but I thought Rovers were dangerous, especially when Garbutt came on. We had a period where we were trying to win it on every play and they took a bit of control.
Mcguire realised Hampshire was outgunned for a high kick but he started going at BJB instead who handled the kicks well. Tupou covered Hampshire much better and plugged the vulnerability.
We also put a lot of pressure on Garbutt too and he tired out quickly.

I thought their tactics early on to play around us was good but the wind was so wild they found the long passes difficult and we managed to run them down.

We played Brough between centre and wing to make him less of a target which worked too.

What I did like was Escare as defensive line manager. He was harassing the team to get off the line quicker and they definitely responded.

We were keener in defense especially the third man in to clamp the legs.

In the first half they got their foot hold with a few indiscipline penalties but in the second half we stepped up the speed and made fewer mistakes which won the game.
I think the speed was driven by Miller taking first receiver more often. He put some big hits in too.

That game has been coming for a month. Hull and Sts managed to still beat us but the attitude has been there for a while, just not the execution.

I think Wigan will be tough but I fancy us against Warrington and London.


Great assessment PT that’s just how I saw it too

I thought things we’re fairly even in the first half
Probably down to Garbutt who was excellent but we worked incredibly hard to stop him

Brough showed some confidence on the right edge a few times too when he semi took the line on which was great to see, him and Reece should be a great attacking threat together

I’d give a special mention to danny kirmomd
I’ve never seen a player look more physically drained after a match
If you cut danny open it would be red white n blue, it’s guts me my little boy won’t be old enough to remember seeing his the effort he puts in

At its simplest level
Our forwards went forward successfully and it gave the back room to work

Also agree re your comments that win had being coming for a couple of weeks now
Last edited by musson on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 am
Posted by homme vaste on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 am
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 431
Rep Position: 44th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 184

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Tomorrowland
Extremely pleased to eat a big slice of humble pie yesterday. I was one of the individuals that just could not see the type of performance based on watching us every game for the last 10 weeks. Good to see us put a good team performance in and really grind them down, down the middle and kill them with field position, thought the kicking game and game management for both halfbacks was great yesterday and then of course we eventually ran away with the game which was good to see and good for the old points difference.

Looking at the table, London, Hull KR and Hudds all need to win 2 games out of 3 and for us to not pick up any more points for us to be in threat of relegation, unless of course we get absolutely trounced by Wigan and Wire. I fancy us to pick up a win against Wire or Wigan.
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 am
Posted by Fishermanscap on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 am
Fishermanscap Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 266
Rep Position: 94th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 934
PopTart wrote:
Because life doesn't work like that. You can't be on top of your game every day.
For me that performance would have beaten Leeds and the effort against Hull was comparable but Hull were better than Hull KR. Wigan and Sts would still have beaten us yesterday imho but it would have been a good match.

I don't understand when people equate score line to effort. It's not the only thing that's going on.


I know it doesn't work like that, that's what makes it odd. I did clearly state that you can't win them all! I'm not trying to explain it as I don't know the ins and outs but it's still frustrating from fans and I assume coaches points of view.

We were never going to be great this season with the injuries, but did we really need to dip so low?
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:05 am
Posted by PopTart on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:05 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 936
Rep Position: 6th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12030
Location: wakefield
Fishermanscap wrote:
I know it doesn't work like that, that's what makes it odd. I did clearly state that you can't win them all! I'm not trying to explain it as I don't know the ins and outs but it's still frustrating from fans and I assume coaches points of view.

We were never going to be great this season with the injuries, but did we really need to dip so low?


Look how much Warrington have dipped without Austin. It makes a big difference.
Hull had a similar issue to us over past couple of years where injuries took them close to relegation zone.
Both teams have money to just buy another top player.
The difference this tear is the bottom clubs have found wins that wouldn't normally be found.

Saying that Cas have handled Gale missing exceptionally well.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:18 am
Posted by bren2k on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:18 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 618
Rep Position: 20th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15125
Location: Ossett
PopTart wrote:
Look how much Warrington have dipped without Austin. It makes a big difference.


It certainly does - based on their performance this weekend, that's where I'd be looking for the 2 points we need to put this relegation business to bed.

Wigan have done a great job of going back to basics and despite their attack still misfiring, they've shored up their defence and are playing hard and direct, like a Wane team; and London have the hoodoo over us and will be coming to BV full of vim and vigour. But Wire are all over the place - and will be coming off an absolute starching by Saints in the CC Final.

Nothing is a certainty obviously, but I'd like to think we can give them a good go.
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 am
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 am
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 143rd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 36

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5721
Location: Over there
All games are a mix of how your own team plays and how well the opposition play. By all accounts, Hull KR were woeful. We weren't. Had we been woeful too, we might have let KR back into it. Had KR played well it would have been a tight and close game. It's always a mix of the two, and it is not slating the winners to say that the losers were poor. KR had a bad day and we were good enough to exploit it. And in a fortnight, no matter how well we play, we'll be wanting Wigan to have an off day.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: Team for Sunday
Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 am
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 415
Rep Position: 48th / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:01 pm
Posts: 7352
Location: Standing on the heads of Giants
I don't think many will argue against that 17 being unchanged for the next game.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellycouldtackle, Fishermanscap, JINJER, Kettykat, NEtrinity, phe13, REDWHITEANDBLUE, RickK, trinity374, Two Points, Uptoncat, wakeytrin and 191 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,957,8851,51277,8244,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





33