Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 am
Posted by bren2k on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 514
Rep Position: 16th / 77,606

Quiz Score: 0

I'm sure you're right about litter - but I didn't notice; I walked up, bought 2 tickets with card and went and stood at the barrier right next to the pitch because the North Stand was jam-packed; it was freezing cold, but I can't say that the dilapidation of BV impacted in any way on my enjoyment of the game - and this is from someone who spent 3 seasons as a box-holder, where there is no doubt added luxury, but a distinct lack of atmosphere.

I don't disagree in any way that we need a new stadium - ideally at NM as promised, because I think BV has structural problems that no amount of tarting up will fix - but I genuinely can't find any reason that litter and peeling paint can stop you from enjoying the game. Unless you need a slash of course - that is, admittedly, a bit of an ordeal - hence why I don't drink at matches.
Re: Where is the Value for Money
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am
Posted by kitch on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am
kitch Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 235th / 77,606

bren2k wrote:
I'm sure you're right about litter - but I didn't notice; I walked up, bought 2 tickets with card and went and stood at the barrier right next to the pitch because the North Stand was jam-packed; it was freezing cold, but I can't say that the dilapidation of BV impacted in any way on my enjoyment of the game - and this is from someone who spent 3 seasons as a box-holder, where there is no doubt added luxury, but a distinct lack of atmosphere.

I don't disagree in any way that we need a new stadium - ideally at NM as promised, because I think BV has structural problems that no amount of tarting up will fix - but I genuinely can't find any reason that litter and peeling paint can stop you from enjoying the game. Unless you need a slash of course - that is, admittedly, a bit of an ordeal - hence why I don't drink at matches.

I agree it doesn't spoil my enjoyment either I would follow us even if we just played in a field. This topic wasn't another we need a new stadium topic. What I'm trying to get across is that nowadays sport is about the experience as a whole and I just think we are falling behind other clubd in terms of what we offer in regards to value for money. This won't affect the die hard fans they will always be there but surely when it comes to attracting new fans or even visiting away fans we must be falling behind.
ADAM WATENE- Gone but not forgotten.

You can take the lad out of yorkshire, but you cant take the yorkshire out of the lad

TRIN 4 LIFE- Through Thin and Thinner
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 am
Posted by bren2k on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 514
Rep Position: 16th / 77,606

kitch wrote:
I agree it doesn't spoil my enjoyment either I would follow us even if we just played in a field. This topic wasn't another we need a new stadium topic. What I'm trying to get across is that nowadays sport is about the experience as a whole and I just think we are falling behind other clubd in terms of what we offer in regards to value for money. This won't affect the die hard fans they will always be there but surely when it comes to attracting new fans or even visiting away fans we must be falling behind.

Don't disagree with any of that - which is why I don't fall for the BV revamp - it's simply not fit for purpose in so many fundamental ways, that no amount of spit and polish will fix; if we want to deliver a modern, pleasant experience to attract stayaway fans, we need a new stadium - which is exactly what we were promised, but appear not to be getting.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Posted by Prince Buster on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 119
Rep Position: 126th / 77,606

bren2k wrote:
Don't disagree with any of that - which is why I don't fall for the BV revamp - it's simply not fit for purpose in so many fundamental ways, that no amount of spit and polish will fix; if we want to deliver a modern, pleasant experience to attract stayaway fans, we need a new stadium - which is exactly what we were promised, but appear not to be getting.

Totally agree !!!. All this nudge nudge,wink wink Ball cocks on the stadium thread about getting Belle Vue back could be a poisned chalice, if it ever happens.

The place is a dump and the immediate vicinity around the ground is even worse. We may get the freehold back but the vast amount of money to put it right is something else.

Like you, I believe we have been short changed if it happens, but the again qute a few accept that but feel something is better than nothing. What ever happens I really don't see how we can carry on much longer playing out of BV in its current state.
Previous