FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - County Cricket 2010
::A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:03 pm  
Asim wrote:
This is Lancashire's year (repeat x75).

It's always Lancashire's year.... The season of a Lancky fan:

:PRAY: :UMB: :FRUSRATED: :DANCE: :FRUSRATED: :HIGHFIVE: :WALL::UMB: :SICK: :DEPRESSED: :BOOHOO:
: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 pm  
I see people are saying Flintoff should skip the IPL like ponting has.How much would Lancs be missing out on if he does pull out of it?
: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:37 pm  
Yorkshire 2 Lancashire 0, and the season hasn't even started yet.
: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:25 am  
Asim wrote:
Yorkshire 2 Lancashire 0, and the season hasn't even started yet.

be 3-0 by tomorrow
: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:27 am  
Was at the Rose Bowl yesterday for round 1 of the Friends Provident Trophy (free tickets supplied by some sort of grass roots club initiative - brilliant!). Worcestershire beat the hosts by 53 runs, after they scored 320 in the first innings and Hampshire could not chase it down.

Moeen Ali batting at four for Worcestershire was sensational, he started off rather slowly (50 from 73 balls) but his next 50 came off just 24 as he carted Dominic Cork and Chris Tremlett all over the place. He eventually holed out for 125 from 109 - good fifties too from Ben Smith and Steven Davies.

Hampshire started well with 50 from Michael Lump and 100 from John Crawley but there was precious little else and Gareth Batty returned career-best figures of 5-35.
: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 am  
The Penguin wrote:
Was at the Rose Bowl yesterday for round 1 of the Friends Provident Trophy (free tickets supplied by some sort of grass roots club initiative - brilliant!). Worcestershire beat the hosts by 53 runs, after they scored 320 in the first innings and Hampshire could not chase it down.

Moeen Ali batting at four for Worcestershire was sensational, he started off rather slowly (50 from 73 balls) but his next 50 came off just 24 as he carted Dominic Cork and Chris Tremlett all over the place. He eventually holed out for 125 from 109 - good fifties too from Ben Smith and Steven Davies.

Hampshire started well with 50 from Michael Lump and 100 from John Crawley but there was precious little else and Gareth Batty returned career-best figures of 5-35.

Worcestershire certainly have a habit of finding young Asian talent in Birmingham and the surrounding areas much better than Warwickshire do (Ali was at the Bears for a while but never made it there).
: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 am  
I must admit I thought Hants could chase it down as neither of Worcestershire's main seamers - Matt Mason and Ashley Noffke - were playing and, the two spinners (Fisher & Batty) apart, there didn't seem to be much to the worcs bowling attack, compounded when Kabir Ali went off injured after only 5 overs.

I've watched Hampshire on a number of occasions now and each time I've see Sean Ervine get out for next to nothing :shock:
: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:12 am  
The Penguin wrote:
I must admit I thought Hants could chase it down as neither of Worcestershire's main seamers - Matt Mason and Ashley Noffke - were playing and, the two spinners (Fisher & Batty) apart, there didn't seem to be much to the worcs bowling attack, compounded when Kabir Ali went off injured after only 5 overs.

I've watched Hampshire on a number of occasions now and each time I've see Sean Ervine get out for next to nothing :shock:

320 at this time of year is an impressive score at any ground there were a fair few low scores up and down the country
: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm  
Good start for Yorkshire, just need to nip Blackwell out now.

Anderson has taken 6-56 for Lancs.
: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:33 am  
Dur 362

Yorks 16-0

Hoggard took 4-62, also Broad has taken the first 4 wickts for Notts 4-42.
PreviousNext