FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - County Cricket 2010
::A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
Re: County Cricket 2009 : Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 pm  
DAR130 wrote:
I thought I'd start a new thread for the new season as the old thread is not far off 1000 posts.

What do the people on here think about Moores as Lancs coach?I know he was a flop as England coach but his record at Sussex was good enough to think he can lead us to better days ahead.

Not too sure about Moores however he was probably the best available so will give him a chance. Hopefully we'll see a few more youngsters gettting a game this season, especially now Law and Cork have gone.
Re: County Cricket 2009 : Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:45 pm  
Karlos13 wrote:
Not too sure about Moores however he was probably the best available so will give him a chance. Hopefully we'll see a few more youngsters gettting a game this season, especially now Law and Cork have gone.

You signed a lad back end of last year, Adrian Shankar, after he graduated from Cambridge. He spent a couple of summers playing for the 1sts at my old club in London, and while he's clearly decent, he didn't blow anyone away there. Would be interesting to see if he gets any 1st XI action.
Re: County Cricket 2009 : Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:47 pm  
The Penguin wrote:
You signed a lad back end of last year, Adrian Shankar, after he graduated from Cambridge. He spent a couple of summers playing for the 1sts at my old club in London, and while he's clearly decent, he didn't blow anyone away there. Would be interesting to see if he gets any 1st XI action.

aye and stuart law didnt blow anyone away up at illingworth 20 years ago but his career didnt turn out bad did it :wink:
Re: County Cricket 2009 : Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:51 pm  
The Penguin wrote:

To be honest he can't do much worse than most of our batsmen did last season so I'd imagine he'll feature in a few games.
: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:19 am  
Hopefully Moores can inject that secret/special ingredient he did at Sussex...I'd say he's got a better talent pool available to him at Lancs than he ever had at Sussex so Im hopeful at the minute.

Karl Brown to play a lot more this season, Du Plessis to become the new Law after a cracking season back in SA, Oliver Newby to be my surprise pick to do well too...come on Lancs!!
: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:59 am  
I hope Yorkshire manage to get Headingley sorted for the start of the season. They are fast running out of time and due to stage a test this summer as well.
: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 am  
Oldham Rhino wrote:
I hope Yorkshire manage to get Headingley sorted for the start of the season. They are fast running out of time and due to stage a test this summer as well.

I think Andy Fogarty knows better than to lay a thin layer of turf on 7" of sand.
: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:16 am  
Loop wrote:
I think Andy Fogarty knows better than to lay a thin layer of turf on 7" of sand.

Maybe, but there is still a lot of work needs doing there at the moment.
: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:34 am  
OrdsallRed wrote:
Hopefully Moores can inject that secret/special ingredient he did at Sussex...I'd say he's got a better talent pool available to him at Lancs than he ever had at Sussex so Im hopeful at the minute.

Karl Brown to play a lot more this season, Du Plessis to become the new Law after a cracking season back in SA, Oliver Newby to be my surprise pick to do well too...come on Lancs!!

I hope so.

About time Lancy won the title! :D
: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 pm  
This is Lancashire's year (repeat x75).
PreviousNext