FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leeds (h) play-offs
Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:59 am  
Field
French
Bibby
Pearce-Paul
Marshall
Leuluai
Smith
Singleton
O'Neil (prob Powell)
Byrne
Bateman
Smithies
Ellis

Cooper
Havard
Mago
Isa

Centres as all season the weak link, hopefully Leuluai is fit to do 80 mins, won't be happy about chucking Powell back in after being out for so long but you can see it happening.
Moved Smithies up to 2nd row which lets Ellis and Havard cover 13 and Isa on the bench to cover emergency shuffle arounds
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:34 pm  
The Catalan games a bit of a smoke screen for us. They were poor for most of it but so were Catalan. When they battered us they massively shut down fields. Be a boost with Martin not playing and if the young centre they have isn’t playing. If we play to our best we win this but not really been on form and Leeds have.
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:56 pm  
No bans for Leeds so they’ll be pretty strong and we’ll have to keep our heads with Bentley playing. If we don’t get sucked In then I’m confident.

I think we’ll go-

Field
French Bibby Pearce-Paul Marshall
Leuluai Smith
Singleton Powell Byrne
Bateman Isa Smithies

Subs
Cooper Ellis Havard O’Neill
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:58 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
No bans for Leeds so they’ll be pretty strong and we’ll have to keep our heads with Bentley playing.


I think we should do our upmost to wind him right up
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:07 pm  
[Gareth] wrote:
I think we should do our upmost to wind him right up


It always goes one way or the other with the lad. Either he looks a fool or he makes the opposition look foolish. In truth he shouldn’t be playing after he dropped his elbow in someone’s face at the weekend but Rhyse Martin should be, so it’s swings and roundabouts.
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:09 pm  
WWste wrote:
The Catalan games a bit of a smoke screen for us. They were poor for most of it but so were Catalan. When they battered us they massively shut down fields. Be a boost with Martin not playing and if the young centre they have isn’t playing. If we play to our best we win this but not really been on form and Leeds have.


Newman playing or not playing will be a big sway, caused us loads of problems the last time we played them and he’s a class prospect. Would be a boost if he wasn’t playing.
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:17 pm  
CobraCraig wrote:
Newman playing or not playing will be a big sway, caused us loads of problems the last time we played them and he’s a class prospect. Would be a boost if he wasn’t playing.


Class player and he did a great job that night of laying a marker down by being ultra aggressive with Jai Field. I’m just hoping (and expecting) that like with Welsby after Magic, our players made a mental note and he can expect plenty of the same going back his way. Unlike Welsby though, I don’t think it’ll throw him off his game too much. He looks like he’ll face anything head on to me.
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:53 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
Class player and he did a great job that night of laying a marker down by being ultra aggressive with Jai Field. I’m just hoping (and expecting) that like with Welsby after Magic, our players made a mental note and he can expect plenty of the same going back his way. Unlike Welsby though, I don’t think it’ll throw him off his game too much. He looks like he’ll face anything head on to me.


The lad seems to be made of brittle so facing things head on doesn’t seem to be working for him
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:59 pm  
WWste wrote:
The lad seems to be made of brittle so facing things head on doesn’t seem to be working for him


His injuries are a real shame. I don’t think many of them have come from him being overly aggressive though, he’s just got dodgy hamstrings and that bad leg break was unlucky. I just hope he can get through unscathed to the World Cup and then get through that. I think we need him if we’re to do anything of note.
Re: Leeds (h) play-offs : Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:28 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
His injuries are a real shame. I don’t think many of them have come from him being overly aggressive though, he’s just got dodgy hamstrings and that bad leg break was unlucky. I just hope he can get through unscathed to the World Cup and then get through that. I think we need him if we’re to do anything of note.


Yeah, him and Farnworth need to be out centres, it’s just a shame both have question marks with regards to fitness going into the World Cup. I do believe our outside backline looks pretty strong with Welsby, Makinson, Farnworth, Newman, Young and 4 of them are young lads with plenty of improvement in them.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 124 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors