RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2022 Penalties Conceded (so far) - Edited
Rogues Gallery Member for 20 years
User avatar


Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 32176
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:31 am  
https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats


It is penalties conceded, Saints have most, Wigan least.
https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats


It is penalties conceded, Saints have most, Wigan least.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Egg Chasing Member for 10 years
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3952
Location: Watching Rugby League
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:38 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats


It is penalties conceded, Saints have most, Wigan least.


Typical dirty cheating Wigan with the refs in their pocket.
Stu M Member for 1 year
Strong-running second rower


Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 446
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:41 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats


It is penalties conceded, Saints have most, Wigan least.


Thought as much, bound to concede penalties with such aggressive defence.
Egg Chasing Member for 10 years
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3952
Location: Watching Rugby League
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:45 am  
Stu M wrote:
Thought as much, bound to concede penalties with such aggressive defence.


I don't see you every week of course, but genuinely surprised that you're the most penalised side.

The top sides don't usually get penalised as much because they tend to have more of the ball. Be interested to know if that figure includes 6 again penalties because most Saints fans seem to say they get hammered on those.
Stu M Member for 1 year
Strong-running second rower


Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 446
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:06 am  
Egg Chasing wrote:
I don't see you every week of course, but genuinely surprised that you're the most penalised side.

The top sides don't usually get penalised as much because they tend to have more of the ball. Be interested to know if that figure includes 6 again penalties because most Saints fans seem to say they get hammered on those.


Really? My only surprise is that you are surprised :wink:

I say most games that I am convinced we love to practise defending with how many penalties we give away.
tyr Member for 15 years
Strong-running second rower



Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 426
Location: Egham-ish
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:12 pm  
Stu M wrote:
Really? My only surprise is that you are surprised :wink:

I say most games that I am convinced we love to practise defending with how many penalties we give away.


I think it's as you say, you have a very physical aggressive defence which Woolf knows will likely lead to a few more penalties than he would ideally like but he takes it, because he backs his team to be able to defend those penalties when they have to. And, most often, he's right. Sometimes teams (and individual players, of course) give away more penalties than others because they are undisciplined, and sometimes it's just because they put themselves in those positions more often than others. A team that flies up quickly off the line every tackle is going to get caught offside a few times more than others. Similarly, when Sean O'Loughlin was young and opposition fans complained he did too many high tackles and was therefore "dirty" it didn't bother me. He was a hardworking defender who typically made more tackles than most players so he was bound to get caught out going higher more often than other players who only made a third of the tackles he did.
"I have this system where I support England first, then the other Home Nations, then the rest of the Commonwealth, then the rest of the World, then France."
MattyB Member for 20 years
User avatar


Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 19925
Re: 2022 Penalties Awarded (so far) : Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:28 pm  
[imgur][/imgur]
Rogues Gallery wrote:
https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats


It is penalties conceded, Saints have most, Wigan least.


Cheers Brian, edited the thread title now.

Bloody useless RL journalists. :lol:
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013 & 2022

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



moto748 Member for 8 years
Bronze RLFANS Member



Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 4387
Re: 2022 Penalties Conceded (so far) - Edited : Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:46 am  
Some interesting stats there. I see Saints are worst on errors too, but I suppose if you see more of the ball than your opponents... Wigan in a decent mid-table spot there.

I loved that Toulouse are top on 40/20's with 8! (who's been kicking them? Corey Norman? He hasn't been there that long, has he?). Wigan have 2, Saints none (bit surprising).

I think what the stats do tell us is that for all we complain about poor discipline, giving away 6-agains is killing Wigan, etc, the truth is that compared to other teams we are pretty good. We are not a dirty side, and our overall discipline is good. We appear to be bottom the league on yellow cards, those stats have down for only 2, but surely that can't be right? Mago got one last week,surely we've had more than one other all season. Saints on 11, Dirty Leeds on 13, Castleford...

I look forward to these salient facts being reflected in future Sky coverage...
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 132 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
5s
Squad numbers - full list in first post
BarnsleyGull
96
10s
kids tickets question
Trebor1
2
23s
Rumours and signings v9
hatty
24928
25s
Captain 2023
D4mo78
9
25s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
18021
30s
Pre season
Chris71
131
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35333
1m
2023 Kits
Sadfish
115
1m
Possible Disciplinary changes
BarnsleyGull
5
2m
2023 squad numbers
Hangerman2
3
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Harrison
rubber ducki
2
TODAY
2023 squad numbers
Hangerman2
3
TODAY
Possible Disciplinary changes
BarnsleyGull
5
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
As the festive season is nearly upon us
REVENUE
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Captain 2023
D4mo78
9
TODAY
kids tickets question
Trebor1
2
TODAY
Wednesday 7th December EGM Ian Watson
H.G.S.A
1
TODAY
Shaw and Croft
BarnsleyGull
71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6297
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
2180
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
3185
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1958
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
2051
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
2113
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4865
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2346
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2951
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2834
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2789
England Top Group A With Big W..
2497
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2817
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3538
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2852
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,069 ↑2479,3199,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 18th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
13:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
20:00
Castleford
v
Wigan
 Thu 9th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Wigan
v
Catalans
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
5s
Squad numbers - full list in first post
BarnsleyGull
96
10s
kids tickets question
Trebor1
2
23s
Rumours and signings v9
hatty
24928
25s
Captain 2023
D4mo78
9
25s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
18021
30s
Pre season
Chris71
131
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35333
1m
2023 Kits
Sadfish
115
1m
Possible Disciplinary changes
BarnsleyGull
5
2m
2023 squad numbers
Hangerman2
3
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Harrison
rubber ducki
2
TODAY
2023 squad numbers
Hangerman2
3
TODAY
Possible Disciplinary changes
BarnsleyGull
5
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
As the festive season is nearly upon us
REVENUE
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Captain 2023
D4mo78
9
TODAY
kids tickets question
Trebor1
2
TODAY
Wednesday 7th December EGM Ian Watson
H.G.S.A
1
TODAY
Shaw and Croft
BarnsleyGull
71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6297
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
2180
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
3185
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1958
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
2051
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
2113
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4865
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2346
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2951
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2834
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2789
England Top Group A With Big W..
2497
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2817
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3538
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2852


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!