RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wakefield Sunday.
Wakefield Sunday. Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:33 pm  
Wakefield Sunday.
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:33 pm  

User avatarAshton Bears wrote:
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Around the three Sisters
Member for 17 years
Will Farrell and Bateman play Sunday, what team do you think will turn out as Wakefield is a hard place to visit.
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:14 pm  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:14 pm  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: God's little acre
Member for 14 years
Ashton Bears wrote:
Will Farrell and Bateman play Sunday, what team do you think will turn out as Wakefield is a hard place to visit.


Same 17 as Wire except Powell for Shorrocks.
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:19 pm  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:19 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3085
Member for 16 years
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
Same 17 as Wire except Powell for Shorrocks.

Powell’s out for at least 3 more weeks. O’Neill is available though.

Peet indicated on his interview that they’ll give Bateman another week. He also hinted on not playing Faz.

Tommy working with a specialist on his calf.

No mention of Thornely I don’t think he’ll play again this year.

I say this every week but I’d like Cust 9 Field 6 French 1. We looked so much more dangerous with that spine. French didn’t get a pass in the first half on the wing and his yardage carries aren’t great.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:23 pm  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:23 pm  

Enfield St wrote:
Enfield St Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:20 pm
Posts: 69
Member for L 0 years
Any update on Havard?

Injury didn’t sound too serious but don’t think Peet will take any risks.

Hope to see young Halsall get another run out.
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:35 pm  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:35 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3085
Member for 16 years
Enfield St wrote:
Any update on Havard?

Injury didn’t sound too serious but don’t think Peet will take any risks.

Hope to see young Halsall get another run out.

4/5 weeks and he’s already missed 2.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:00 am  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:00 am  

WWste wrote:
WWste Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am
Posts: 325
Member for 3 years
Ashton Bears wrote:
Will Farrell and Bateman play Sunday, what team do you think will turn out as Wakefield is a hard place to visit.


Think Will Farrells filming a movie somewhere… I’ll see myself out
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 am  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 am  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: wigan...where else!!
Member for 20 years
WWste wrote:
Think Will Farrells filming a movie somewhere… I’ll see myself out

Yep and here’s your coat :D
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 am  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 am  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 8432
Location: Edinburgh
Member for 18 years
Feels like a dangerous game - it isn't a glamorous fixture and the Wigan players are probably sick to death of Belle Vue with this being the third visit this year. These loop fixtures are really uninspiring particularly when they're against teams at the bottom end. They need to put that to one side and keep their eyes on the prize of the top 2 and Old Trafford as Wakefield seem to have improved their form.

I agree with NSW (and I've been repeating myself all year as well) - still think we'd be better going with French at 1 and Field at 6. Would be interesting to see how Cust goes at 9 in a run of games although I have a feeling that there may have been an prior agreement between Cust and the club that he would be played at 6 and not at 9. I'm in the halfway house with Powell - he does a lot of good things for us and is a defensive machine but sometimes you think we could get more attacking spark from that position.
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 am  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 am  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 7457
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Member for 19 years
MadDogg wrote:
Feels like a dangerous game - it isn't a glamorous fixture and the Wigan players are probably sick to death of Belle Vue with this being the third visit this year. These loop fixtures are really uninspiring particularly when they're against teams at the bottom end. They need to put that to one side and keep their eyes on the prize of the top 2 and Old Trafford as Wakefield seem to have improved their form.

I agree with NSW (and I've been repeating myself all year as well) - still think we'd be better going with French at 1 and Field at 6. Would be interesting to see how Cust goes at 9 in a run of games although I have a feeling that there may have been an prior agreement between Cust and the club that he would be played at 6 and not at 9. I'm in the halfway house with Powell - he does a lot of good things for us and is a defensive machine but sometimes you think we could get more attacking spark from that position.


Apologies to pick on your post to view my thoughts on the Cust to 9 debate, I was getting frustrated with so many previous posts on the subject but didn't get chance to reply and now I have, yours is the one that has reminded me to reply


Pre game Friday we were in the local Chop House early on and an ex poster from here (ABP) was in and he was very concerned about the game.
Keeping it simple we said 2 things
1/it's always more nervous against a rival like wire/saints because you dread the thought of losing to them more

But
2/ When discussing the game and before we knew the team we said to him play Shorrocks at 9, French wing and Field FB
Plan should be to take them in down the middle for half an hour, and then do exact same thing again, and again, and again, because we would dominate in this area and tire them out.
We then Said Cust to 9 and it also gives us the ability to then "change it up" with Field at 6 and French at FB with slight change in centre I.e. KPP moving there and Bibby wing etc.
We didn't discuss Magos introduction, but that, along with changing things up around the 55min Mark changed the game

But

To change the game does disservice to the hard work and platform first 50mins or so and no way would Cust for example be able to play as he did last 20/25 in the first 20/25
He found that space etc due to the hard work in the first 50/55
Also, I would rather go that way, than start with Miski and play French at 1 and Field at 6 and then figure out how to take players off to mover Field to 1 and French to Wing, doesn't seem as easy and or provide a change up
I believe that was Peets game plan and it worked a treat

Moving forward, is it an option, absolutely

But O'Neil, and subsequently Powell when he returns start the game every week for me.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club
Re: Wakefield Sunday. Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:09 pm  
Re: Wakefield Sunday.
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:09 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 8432
Location: Edinburgh
Member for 18 years
Jukesays wrote:
Apologies to pick on your post to view my thoughts on the Cust to 9 debate, I was getting frustrated with so many previous posts on the subject but didn't get chance to reply and now I have, yours is the one that has reminded me to reply


Pre game Friday we were in the local Chop House early on and an ex poster from here (ABP) was in and he was very concerned about the game.
Keeping it simple we said 2 things
1/it's always more nervous against a rival like wire/saints because you dread the thought of losing to them more

But
2/ When discussing the game and before we knew the team we said to him play Shorrocks at 9, French wing and Field FB
Plan should be to take them in down the middle for half an hour, and then do exact same thing again, and again, and again, because we would dominate in this area and tire them out.
We then Said Cust to 9 and it also gives us the ability to then "change it up" with Field at 6 and French at FB with slight change in centre I.e. KPP moving there and Bibby wing etc.
We didn't discuss Magos introduction, but that, along with changing things up around the 55min Mark changed the game

But

To change the game does disservice to the hard work and platform first 50mins or so and no way would Cust for example be able to play as he did last 20/25 in the first 20/25
He found that space etc due to the hard work in the first 50/55
Also, I would rather go that way, than start with Miski and play French at 1 and Field at 6 and then figure out how to take players off to mover Field to 1 and French to Wing, doesn't seem as easy and or provide a change up
I believe that was Peets game plan and it worked a treat

Moving forward, is it an option, absolutely

But O'Neil, and subsequently Powell when he returns start the game every week for me.


Great post - you've changed my view on that one. I hope we still retain that option to switch Cust to 9 mid game in the future though - either with Miski or Leuluai on the bench along with the three front rowers.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Enfield St, Jukesays, MadDogg, moto748, sergeant pepper and 175 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15286
3m
2023 Kit
The Dentist
15
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32313
6m
England vs Fiji
Pat Bateman
2
14m
2022 RL World Cup
chapylad
78
23m
Another Skolar on the way
BigTime
23
24m
TV games not Wire
easyWire
556
45m
Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
alegend
46
47m
Smith for England
moto748
89
49m
Half Back problem
easyWire
46
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
alegend
46
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1672
1m
TV games not Wire
easyWire
556
1m
Transfer talk
Bully_Boxer
391
1m
2022 RL World Cup
chapylad
78
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32313
1m
Stadium and other issues
wakeytrin
106
2m
Widdop
jools
2
2m
Half Back problem
easyWire
46
2m
Under New Ownership
Hudd-Shay
11
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
England vs Fiji
Pat Bateman
2
TODAY
Ticket or pay
Mr Hicks
1
TODAY
2023 Kits
ComeOnYouUll
1
TODAY
England vs Fiji tonight
faxcar
1
TODAY
2023 Principal Shirt
Mrs Barista
1
TODAY
2023 Kit
The Dentist
15
TODAY
England V Samoa Tickets
JohnnyM1
1
TODAY
Under New Ownership
Hudd-Shay
11
TODAY
South stand season tickets
Trebor1
4
TODAY
Widdop
jools
2
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million 1,662 ↓-4179,2549,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
     Mens Internationals 2022-R2

L
I
V
E

 
19:30
England
28-0
Fiji
Half Time
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 7th Oct
MINT2022
LIVE

19:30
England28-0Fiji
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sat 29th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
14:30
England-Greece
WC2022 RND: 3
17:00
Fiji-Scotland
Fri 7th Oct
MINT2022
LIVE
England28-0Fiji
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29 Penrith28-12Parramatta
L1 RND: 26 Swinton16-10Doncaster
CH RND: 30 Leigh44-12Batley
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
15286
3m
2023 Kit
The Dentist
15
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32313
6m
England vs Fiji
Pat Bateman
2
14m
2022 RL World Cup
chapylad
78
23m
Another Skolar on the way
BigTime
23
24m
TV games not Wire
easyWire
556
45m
Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
alegend
46
47m
Smith for England
moto748
89
49m
Half Back problem
easyWire
46
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
alegend
46
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1672
1m
TV games not Wire
easyWire
556
1m
Transfer talk
Bully_Boxer
391
1m
2022 RL World Cup
chapylad
78
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32313
1m
Stadium and other issues
wakeytrin
106
2m
Widdop
jools
2
2m
Half Back problem
easyWire
46
2m
Under New Ownership
Hudd-Shay
11
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
England vs Fiji
Pat Bateman
2
TODAY
Ticket or pay
Mr Hicks
1
TODAY
2023 Kits
ComeOnYouUll
1
TODAY
England vs Fiji tonight
faxcar
1
TODAY
2023 Principal Shirt
Mrs Barista
1
TODAY
2023 Kit
The Dentist
15
TODAY
England V Samoa Tickets
JohnnyM1
1
TODAY
Under New Ownership
Hudd-Shay
11
TODAY
South stand season tickets
Trebor1
4
TODAY
Widdop
jools
2
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!