FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE

I’m not sure he is a direct replacement. My understanding is that we couldn’t get the one we wanted so he’s more of a stop gap. We were in big for Murphy but Wakey wouldn’t sell. He’s out of contract next year though….

With Hopoate being made of biscuits then I think Ritson will get some game time as Bennison will need to play FB. It’s also a low risk deal. If he steps up we sign him permanently and if he doesn’t then he goes back to Barrow with nothing lost.

He’s absolutely rapid and can certainly finish but it’s a big step up to SL. One thing we lack is sheer pace and he has that in abundance.

Saying that we’ve done ok with Walmsley, Batchelor and Bentley that were all signed from the Championship.

I’m not sure he is a direct replacement. My understanding is that we couldn’t get the one we wanted so he’s more of a stop gap. We were in big for Murphy but Wakey wouldn’t sell. He’s out of contract next year though….

With Hopoate being made of biscuits then I think Ritson will get some game time as Bennison will need to play FB. It’s also a low risk deal. If he steps up we sign him permanently and if he doesn’t then he goes back to Barrow with nothing lost.

He’s absolutely rapid and can certainly finish but it’s a big step up to SL. One thing we lack is sheer pace and he has that in abundance.

Saying that we’ve done ok with Walmsley, Batchelor and Bentley that were all signed from the Championship.
Stu M wrote:

Saints completely lack pace apart from maybe Welsby(?) so should be a good signing for you. As you have said, you have done well in the past with championship signings
[Gareth] wrote:
Saints completely lack pace apart from maybe Welsby(?) so should be a good signing for you. As you have said, you have done well in the past with championship signings

Its a good signing by Saints in so much as Tom Davies is their number 1 target for end of next season but if Ritson can establish himself, they will just sign him and if not, continue with signing Davies

FWIW I think Ritson will end up back at Barrow
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Its a good signing by Saints in so much as Tom Davies is their number 1 target for end of next season but if Ritson can establish himself, they will just sign him and if not, continue with signing Davies

FWIW I think Ritson will end up back at Barrow

Interesting. Will Saints pay a transfer fee? Ritson’s salary won’t pay for Tom so who do you expect that Saints will let go? It will be interesting to see whether yourself, Stu, or neither of you are right.
Wigan had a good look at Ritson too but felt he was a bit too light. Although having seen some pics he has posted on social media, he has bulked up well this past year and certainly looks in good shape.

It may be that he is not given a chance until the pitches dry up in Spring so that gives Saints a few months to see how he goes pre-season in a full time environment and training with better players.
safe gamble from Saints
looads of pace, so may get to see some of it, but from what i have seen i cant see him doing the donkey work and taking the ball out of his own 10m like Tommy Makinson does so well and he's not really got a good rugby brain

as said, safe gamble from Saints. If he doesnt work out, he goes back to Barrow and sees out his contract. If he proves a few people wrong and does turn out to be SL standard, then Saints probably get him on a good deal
Stu M wrote:
Wigan had a good look at Ritson too but felt he was a bit too light. Although having seen some pics he has posted on social media, he has bulked up well this past year and certainly looks in good shape.

It may be that he is not given a chance until the pitches dry up in Spring so that gives Saints a few months to see how he goes pre-season in a full time environment and training with better players.

Your contact missed this one.

https://www.totalrl.com/st-helens-make- ... side-back/
Stu M wrote:

Your contact missed this one.

https://www.totalrl.com/st-helens-make- ... side-back/
Zig wrote:

Definitely! :D Will hold my hands up I knew nothing of this
Zig wrote:

Definitely! :D Will hold my hands up I knew nothing of this
Zig wrote:

He hasn’t got a source. He claimed his source told him about saints assistant coach, 4 weeks after it was announced then claimed Thompson had a hand injury which clearly wasn’t true and just a lie because he was dropped.
Zig wrote:

He hasn’t got a source. He claimed his source told him about saints assistant coach, 4 weeks after it was announced then claimed Thompson had a hand injury which clearly wasn’t true and just a lie because he was dropped.
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:

You’re an idiot. I told a few Saints fans about Frayssinous weeks before it was announced. If you don’t believe me I’m happy to give you their details. I agree the Thompson information was wrong, however I read that from a journalist.

Not that I have to explain myself to you anyway but other people know who I know. Rogues Gallery on here is one such person who knows.

Edit- Also happy to show you my What’s App messages at any time you like. All time and dated, I can’t change those.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors