RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:23 am  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:23 am  

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 388
Member for 1 year
sergeant pepper wrote:

Let's just stick to arguing with Saints fans instead.


I was accused of twisting the knife when I have commented on a Wigan v Saints discussion thread. Yes I referred to Wigan not owning their stadium but if I was just coming on here to take the p**s I would've been straight on Sunday night after the Wakefield defeat.

I come on here because its nice to hear the opinions of fans of our biggest rivals rather than continually on a Saints site where by and large we all agree. Obviously I will argue with people on here because we have different opinions (see my mate Phuzzy) but that's part of the fun/banter.
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 am  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:40 am  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 7457
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Member for 19 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
My post wasn't aimed at them.

There's a lot of people on here who want to quickly shut down any talk, or conversation that they think is inappropriate. So what's the point in this place, or indeed having an opinion?

The poster I referred to won't have questions asked about selection (because Peet knows best) and we can't talk about a potential issue that might impact that club like this either. Add that to not being able to talk about stadium ownership (because it won't change anything and IL knows best).

Let's just stick to arguing with Saints fans instead.


Whether "They" (and I may be one of those in certain situations) want to shut down conversation because they're pointless in their opinion (The stadium debate is a great example) is irrelevant

They can't actually shut down the debate, they can only state that it's pointless whether you agree with it or not, you can choose to ignore their opinion that its pointless or their pov and continue to query or state your opinions.

I'm just saying that you individually, and there may be others, may want to talk about hypothetical situations that may or may not happen, and may or may not present issues, that may or may not create problems, that may or may not be solvable, that may or may not affect us and other teams.

But personally I'm confident that in this instance it will.solve itself and the best possible outcome for everyone will be achieved whether I lose sleep over ot or not because I currently don't know what the answers are (trust me I won't be losing sleep over this). But if others want ro worry about it then good luck to them.
With regard to the initial post, there was definitely an element of Muck raking, they've achieved their aim, well done.

As for the other subjects like the stadium ownership
I think we'll all agree that the subject crops up every 6months or so ?
You say that debate is shut down because IL Knows best.
I don't think thats true.
I personally don't want to talk about it because :-
1/ I can't influence it
2/ I don't have all the information, and certainly not as much as the people that matter
3/I don't have 100million so can invest 20million or whatever to build one
4/ I don't think we need to build one
5/ I'm sick of going over old ground and who's to blame and what they should have done, it is what it is, move on
Etc etc etc.

Now others may want to debate these issues over and over again, but until.something materially changes significantly its kind of irrelevant imo and I don't see the point of continually debating, others can, but when they do your still going to get people commenting and explaining certain facts and expressing opinion the other way.

Please don't make out that those who dont think it's worth debating are trying to stop others, they're not, your free to continue, but you will get people responding disputing certain issues.

As for your last statement, about just arguing with Saints fans, I can't speak speak everyone else but people will question/debate or argue facts with them or anyone else for that matter of they disagree, it isn't because they're Saints fans, it's because they disagree with what they're saying.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 pm  

User avatarAshton Bears wrote:
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1445
Location: Around the three Sisters
Member for 17 years
Easy play one on the Thursday night and the other Friday night.
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:25 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:25 pm  
The Yellow Giraffe User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:23 am
Posts: 3669
Member for 11 years
Ashton Bears wrote:
Easy play one on the Thursday night and the other Friday night.


Channel 4 have the the rights to one of the semi finals and they've said their slot will be Saturday 12:30pm.

Selfishly I really really hope Saints play on the Friday as I would miss it on the Saturday, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it matters all that much.

Should we play the semi on the Saturday and lose, or lose a GF after playing the semi on the Saturday, then anyone using it as an excuse would be extremely deluded.
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:32 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:32 pm  
The Yellow Giraffe User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:23 am
Posts: 3669
Member for 11 years
FearTheVee wrote:

Frankly I doubt Sky give a monkeys which Semi they get so no doubt they will be encouraged to pick Wigan for the Friday if this transpires and it will be sorted.


100%. SKY will pick Wigan and therefore there is no issue to resolve.
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:39 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:39 pm  

User avatarJudder Man wrote:
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 6671
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Member for 15 years
Ashton Bears wrote:
Easy play one on the Thursday night and the other Friday night.


Won't happen, your game will be Friday night, Saints game Saturday afternoon. SKY or Latics decide when you can or can't play with Saints being charitable to not create a fuss.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:43 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:43 pm  
Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy User avatar
100% League Network


Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14291
Location: Looking for coffee and donuts
Member for 21 years
The Yellow Giraffe wrote:
100%. SKY will pick Wigan and therefore there is no issue to resolve.


This ^^^^^^^.

There is nothing in the operational rules about who plays when in the play-offs.

While "traditionally" the higher placed team might well have played first, that was when Sky had both semi finals, now there's two broadcasters with Sky first pick.

Add in the fact that over the last ten years there's no advantage to playing in the first semi-final, in fact, the complete opposite.

=> A huge nothing burger as the Americans would say.
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:52 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:52 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 32152
Member for 20 years
Judder Man wrote:
Won't happen, your game will be Friday night, Saints game Saturday afternoon. SKY or Latics decide when you can or can't play with Saints being charitable to not create a fuss.


Saints, Wigan, Latics, Huddersfield etc have no say in the matter, it'll be a Sky decision. As has already been stated the 2nd semi final has produced the Grand Final winners in the vast majority of the last eight finals.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:08 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:08 pm  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 19885
Member for 20 years
It's laughable that a cheeky Redvee tweet has got all Saints fans in a froth when only last season they gained a place in the GF despite not playing four league matches compared to other teams.

How's that for being refreshed?
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013 & 2022

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Wigan v Sts discussion Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm  
Re: Wigan v Sts discussion
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm  

Jason65 wrote:
Jason65 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 612
Member for 2 years
Jukesays wrote:
Whether "They" (and I may be one of those in certain situations) want to shut down conversation because they're pointless in their opinion (The stadium debate is a great example) is irrelevant

They can't actually shut down the debate, they can only state that it's pointless whether you agree with it or not, you can choose to ignore their opinion that its pointless or their pov and continue to query or state your opinions.

I'm just saying that you individually, and there may be others, may want to talk about hypothetical situations that may or may not happen, and may or may not present issues, that may or may not create problems, that may or may not be solvable, that may or may not affect us and other teams.

But personally I'm confident that in this instance it will.solve itself and the best possible outcome for everyone will be achieved whether I lose sleep over ot or not because I currently don't know what the answers are (trust me I won't be losing sleep over this). But if others want ro worry about it then good luck to them.
With regard to the initial post, there was definitely an element of Muck raking, they've achieved their aim, well done.

As for the other subjects like the stadium ownership
I think we'll all agree that the subject crops up every 6months or so ?
You say that debate is shut down because IL Knows best.
I don't think thats true.
I personally don't want to talk about it because :-
1/ I can't influence it
2/ I don't have all the information, and certainly not as much as the people that matter
3/I don't have 100million so can invest 20million or whatever to build one
4/ I don't think we need to build one
5/ I'm sick of going over old ground and who's to blame and what they should have done, it is what it is, move on
Etc etc etc.

Now others may want to debate these issues over and over again, but until.something materially changes significantly its kind of irrelevant imo and I don't see the point of continually debating, others can, but when they do your still going to get people commenting and explaining certain facts and expressing opinion the other way.

Please don't make out that those who dont think it's worth debating are trying to stop others, they're not, your free to continue, but you will get people responding disputing certain issues.

As for your last statement, about just arguing with Saints fans, I can't speak speak everyone else but people will question/debate or argue facts with them or anyone else for that matter of they disagree, it isn't because they're Saints fans, it's because they disagree with what they're saying.


Could not have put it better myself.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1872_WiganRLFC, bazdev, Cruncher, fleabag, Jason65, jaws1, JIMMY MAGNETS, Jukesays, keyrox, ksm1701, MadDogg, MattyB, NickyKiss, Nnibly_Warrior, NSW, Saint_Claire, sergeant pepper and 264 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
58s
RIP adam walker
wrencat1873
2
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32166
4m
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
5m
Season debrief send in your questions
Wires71
90
6m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15196
9m
2022 RL World Cup
Sir Kevin Si
74
19m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4126
19m
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
24386
20m
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
24m
2023 IN Lower League signings
chapylad
29
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
21s
Jack Hughes
Uncle Rico
8
24s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15196
27s
Leigh Squad 2023 possibly
Bent&Bon
35
29s
What we currently look like for 2023
Eastern Wild
190
33s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
tad rhino
1641
36s
Smith for England
bedfordwarri
65
58s
Duffy joins Wigan
Ovavoo
6
59s
Shopping List 2023
Dave K.
2681
1m
IMG Recommendations for British RL
The Ghost of
51
1m
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP adam walker
wrencat1873
2
TODAY
Olly Wilson pens new deal
Hangerman2
2
TODAY
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
TODAY
Krisnan Inu
Leyther14
3
TODAY
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
TODAY
Jack Hughes
Uncle Rico
8
TODAY
Duffy joins Wigan
Ovavoo
6
TODAY
Norman Francis RIP
rollin thund
4
TODAY
World cup
jools
1
TODAY
World Cup
PopTart
17
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million +21,498 ↓-2279,2529,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sat 29th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
14:30
England-Greece
WC2022 RND: 3
17:00
Fiji-Scotland
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
Australia-Italy
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29 Penrith28-12Parramatta
L1 RND: 26 Swinton16-10Doncaster
CH RND: 30 Leigh44-12Batley
Sun 25th Sep
L1 RND: 25 Doncaster52-20Rochdale
CH RND: 29 Leigh70-10York
CH RND: 29 Featherstone28-32Batley
Sat 24th Sep
NRL RND: 28 Penrith32-12Souths
SL RND: 30 Leeds12-24St.Helens
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
58s
RIP adam walker
wrencat1873
2
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32166
4m
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
5m
Season debrief send in your questions
Wires71
90
6m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15196
9m
2022 RL World Cup
Sir Kevin Si
74
19m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4126
19m
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
24386
20m
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
24m
2023 IN Lower League signings
chapylad
29
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
21s
Jack Hughes
Uncle Rico
8
24s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15196
27s
Leigh Squad 2023 possibly
Bent&Bon
35
29s
What we currently look like for 2023
Eastern Wild
190
33s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
tad rhino
1641
36s
Smith for England
bedfordwarri
65
58s
Duffy joins Wigan
Ovavoo
6
59s
Shopping List 2023
Dave K.
2681
1m
IMG Recommendations for British RL
The Ghost of
51
1m
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP adam walker
wrencat1873
2
TODAY
Olly Wilson pens new deal
Hangerman2
2
TODAY
Mark McLinden
Victor
6
TODAY
Krisnan Inu
Leyther14
3
TODAY
What constitutes federation trained
Magic Superb
9
TODAY
Jack Hughes
Uncle Rico
8
TODAY
Duffy joins Wigan
Ovavoo
6
TODAY
Norman Francis RIP
rollin thund
4
TODAY
World cup
jools
1
TODAY
World Cup
PopTart
17
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!