FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints (m)
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:30 pm  
thesaint62 wrote:
No knock on for but the pass from Welsby to Bachelor for his try looked forward


Hits his hand. No different to when a pass is touched in flight when the defender is attempting a tackle.

All chip paper I guess.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:26 pm  
Matautia now free to play on Friday after a successful appeal.

To be fair the more times I’ve seen it in slow motion the more it was a nothing ban in the first place.

Can’t help thinking that the RFL feel they owe Saints after the Catalans game.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:14 pm  
Just seen the Matuatia one. Shocking decision to ban for that.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:21 pm  
Stu M wrote:
Matautia now free to play on Friday after a successful appeal.

To be fair the more times I’ve seen it in slow motion the more it was a nothing ban in the first place.

Can’t help thinking that the RFL feel they owe Saints after the Catalans game.


Never a ban.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:43 pm  
Egg Chasing wrote:
Just seen the Matuatia one. Shocking decision to ban for that.


Just shows how deluded the panel is
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:01 pm  
I just don't get the disciplinary panel. That tackle was looked at by which ever member of the panel was given it to review. He then referred it to the other members of the panel for a decision on charge or not. The panel then look at it again and say, oh no we were wrong. Does that not show the process not fit for purpose.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:03 pm  
It’s just a mess. No consistency in decisions on the field, in the video refs box or from the disciplinary. Heads need to roll, be that Ganson, Cullen or whoever else is responsible for this utter sh*t show. How do they ban Mautautia for that in the first place? But then decide it gets turned over a day later? Priors 2 games is even more embarrassing than Singleton’s 3!

Worst season I’ve ever known in terms of officiating.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:10 pm  
OT, but there's plenty that needs to be looked at.

One of the things that pi$$es me off are the 6 again decisions. At one point on Saturday the ref gave us 6 again, on Saints line and we fluffed up the very next play with a knock-on. Now that's not the refs fault, but we'd probably have taken the 2 (would it have been offered) and been pleased about it. When you look at the final score, it makes a difference.
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:10 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
OT, but there's plenty that needs to be looked at.

One of the things that pi$$es me off are the 6 again decisions. At one point on Saturday the ref gave us 6 again on Saints line and we fluffed up the very next play with a knock-on. Now that's not the refs fault, but we'd probably have taken the 2 (would it have been offered) and been pleased about it. When you look at the final score, it makes a difference.


I’ve often thought that maybe the right approach is keep the 6 again / hooter but the team in possession can choose to stop play when the hooter sounds and take a penalty if they so wish.

You still avoid the cynical slowing down of play by having the option to keep rolling, but don’t get the annoyance of a 6 again on tackle 1 when a kick to touch/goal may be better.
Re: Saints (m) : Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:24 pm  
FearTheVee wrote:
I’ve often thought that maybe the right approach is keep the 6 again / hooter but the team in possession can choose to stop play when the hooter sounds and take a penalty if they so wish.

You still avoid the cynical slowing down of play by having the option to keep rolling, but don’t get the annoyance of a 6 again on tackle 1 when a kick to touch/goal may be better.


That's a good idea. When you think back to the situation I mentioned above, Saints took the hit of the 6 again and used the extra time to set their defence and rush our next play. It 100% paid off.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 124 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors