FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Jack Welsby
Re: Jack Welsby : Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:40 am  
I think Welsby is a terrific player, as a Wigan fan I completely understand why Saints fans are so excited about him and I look forward to seeing him tear it up in an England shirt so that I can cheer for him. As for Sky, like all of us, I think they are painfully aware that our sport no longer has household names outside its core audience. That's why they did the hype job on Tomkins, now Welsby and why they will do the same with Will Pryce if circumstances allow. Doesn't alter the fact that Tomkins was an outstanding talent and so is Welsby (not getting into a measuring contest of who is best). Like most fans, I see much more of my own team than I do others and that probably colours my judgement a little, and the same is probably true of Jon Wilkin.
Re: Jack Welsby : Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:54 am  
tyr wrote:
I think Welsby is a terrific player, as a Wigan fan I completely understand why Saints fans are so excited about him and I look forward to seeing him tear it up in an England shirt so that I can cheer for him. As for Sky, like all of us, I think they are painfully aware that our sport no longer has household names outside its core audience. That's why they did the hype job on Tomkins, now Welsby and why they will do the same with Will Pryce if circumstances allow. Doesn't alter the fact that Tomkins was an outstanding talent and so is Welsby (not getting into a measuring contest of who is best). Like most fans, I see much more of my own team than I do others and that probably colours my judgement a little, and the same is probably true of Jon Wilkin.

A Well Balanced, reasonable post - It will never catch on

Welsby is a VERY Good player
Re: Jack Welsby : Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:58 am  
tyr wrote:

Agree completely.

Although if we were to get into a measuring contest, Sam was better!
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:14 am  
Welsby is a highly overrated player
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:39 am  
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:

Oh dear, if you think that then he must be better than I thought
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:14 am  
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:

Have you actually got a non antagonistic thought in your head
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:42 am  
Jason65 wrote:

Does he have a thought?
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:06 am  
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:

I agree, not a patch on ten minute Tony.
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:15 am  
Jason65 wrote:

Did I say he was a poop player?
He is a good player but he isn't the messiah like a lot of fans claim he is
Re: Jack Welsby : Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:27 am  
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Did I say he was a poop player?
He is a good player but he isn't the messiah like a lot of fans claim he is

But you have a crap record of knowing anything about rugby league you cant even get the nicknames of players right.
PreviousNext