RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena

Jason65 wrote:
Jason65 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 617
Member for 2 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.


If you disagree with someone else doesnt mean derision has occurred just means they disagree with you in their opinion.
It is still part of our history like it or not maybe in bad taste but still part of Wigans history as are the broken leg etc.
They could have done a pic of Mcginis (spell) hitting Tuson from behind or even LMS trying to finger Hock as you were being destroyed in that game but they didnt.
As we know stains fans would have complained about that and would have thrown Wigans foul plays right back at us.

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 2501
Location: God's little acre
Member for 14 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.


Personally I think that the cartoon is a great idea but personally I probably wouldn't have included the Flower incident with the narrative but for me it isn't "the end of the world" that it was decided to include it. Not being party to the commissioning of the cartoon it's difficult to conclude the why's and wherefore's to the "sign off" however, I suspect it was commissioned as a cartoon and as such the finished product including the Flower incident complies with the very essence of a cartoon albeit, obviously not to everyone's taste. I suppose a little bit like Viz you either love it or loath it.

By the way I enjoy seeing posts from TYG, FTV and yourself. I've no issue whatsoever with your views or how you present them but it would be very surprising that many on here would agree with you on this particular topic as each side has a reasonable and personal viewpoint on the matter and will react accordingly if their opinion is questioned.

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 4637
Location: Just about to go do some work!
Member for 16 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.

How are they not being considered Stu? I think you're mistaking "being considered" with "agreeing with". You're entitled to the first but not the 2nd. As it goes, in this instance I and others agree that we probably wouldn't have included it. However that doesn't make it the right opinion. The alternative view is completely valid too. It's part of our history for better or worse.

Incidentally, I've been on RedVee and I haven't seen you (or FTV or YG for that matter, all of whom I consider good posters) objecting to posters there saying that Hohaia was "unconscious" and that the punch "ended his career" neither of which is true. How come you're offended by views on here to something that actually happened here but less so by the perpetuation of out and out lies over on your own board?

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 390
Member for 1 year
Phuzzy wrote:
How are they not being considered Stu? I think you're mistaking "being considered" with "agreeing with". You're entitled to the first but not the 2nd. As it goes, in this instance I and others agree that we probably wouldn't have included it. However that doesn't make it the right opinion. The alternative view is completely valid too. It's part of our history for better or worse.

Incidentally, I've been on RedVee and I haven't seen you (or FTV or YG for that matter, all of whom I consider good posters) objecting to posters there saying that Hohaia was "unconscious" and that the punch "ended his career" neither of which is true. How come you're offended by views on here to something that actually happened here but less so by the perpetuation of out and out lies over on your own board?


I've no problem with not being agreed with. But since my initial post on the first page of this thread I've had "how high is your horse" "snowflake", "Saints fans making mountain out of molehills, "crying over nothing" etc so not really the same is it?

Secondly, my user name on Red Vee isn't Stu M so you wouldn't know my posts anyway. And FWIW in my opinion Hohaia was out unconscious when the second punch landed, he wasn't moving and had no way of defending himself, not sure how you can deny that? We don't know if that single punch ended his career do we but it didn't help!

If we are being pedantic also, if you watch the game back Flower makes first contact with Hohaia running back which leads to Hohaia's intial (admittedly) cheap shot

Jason65 wrote:
Jason65 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 617
Member for 2 years
Stu M wrote:
I've no problem with not being agreed with. But since my initial post on the first page of this thread I've had "how high is your horse" "snowflake", "Saints fans making mountain out of molehills, "crying over nothing" etc so not really the same is it?

Secondly, my user name on Red Vee isn't Stu M so you wouldn't know my posts anyway. And FWIW in my opinion Hohaia was out unconscious when the second punch landed, he wasn't moving and had no way of defending himself, not sure how you can deny that? We don't know if that single punch ended his career do we but it didn't help!

If we are being pedantic also, if you watch the game back Flower makes first contact with Hohaia running back which leads to Hohaia's intial (admittedly) cheap shot


But we do know it was over in a split second what i mean it was slowed down to make it far worse than what it was.
We all know it was bad and wished Ben hadnt done as it cost us the game but it is still part of our history. And before my comment gets twisted it was bad and he deserved the ban.

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 11259
Location: Much too far South
Member for 20 years
Egg Chasing wrote:
The same reason Man Utd and the other clubs that have had these done were happy probably.


Do you really think United have photos of Cantona kung fu kicking a fan or Keane breaking AIH's leg at the training ground? People seem to be suggesting this is the case - I would be absolutely astounded.

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 11259
Location: Much too far South
Member for 20 years
NSW wrote:
Yourself and FTV are good posters mate. Even the giraffe is getting more reasonable recently :lol:


Better ramp up the hate before my dad disowns me.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3912
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
Stu M wrote:
If we are being pedantic also, if you watch the game back Flower makes first contact with Hohaia running back which leads to Hohaia's intial (admittedly) cheap shot


Not quite correct there Stu. First contact is a late hit in the tackle on Flower (I think this is actually Masoe) which leads to Flower "hitting" Lance (who he clearly thought it was) whilst chasing the kick.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3912
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
FearTheVee wrote:
Do you really think United have photos of Cantona kung fu kicking a fan or Keane breaking AIH's leg at the training ground? People seem to be suggesting this is the case - I would be absolutely astounded.


So if we hung it somewhere else that would be ok?

It's a cartoon FFS

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 390
Member for 1 year
Egg Chasing wrote:
Not quite correct there Stu. First contact is a late hit in the tackle on Flower (I think this is actually Masoe) which leads to Flower "hitting" Lance (who he clearly thought it was) whilst chasing the kick.


Ok. So you admit then that in the Hoahai/Flower altercation then Flower starts it between the two of them....
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alectrician, CM Punk, Cruncher, dany1979, exiled Warrior, jaws1, Jukesays, ksm1701, LG83, MadDogg, muttywhitedog, ratticusfinch, sergeant pepper, stpatricks, tyr and 219 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
3m
Transfer talk
Scarey71
373
4m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15257
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
32256
11m
Half Back problem
CW8
18
11m
Shopping List 2023
Ellam
2717
14m
What we currently look like for 2023
vastman
216
17m
Some news would be nice
Listenup94
43
18m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
1654
18m
IMG
vastman
152
23m
Ex-player and ex-coach news
John_D
257
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
51s
Some news would be nice
Listenup94
43
56s
2023 IN Luke Hooley - Expires 2024
ploinerrhino
23
1m
Jordon Lilley
Hudd-Shay
75
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Pieman
24410
1m
RLFANSCOM Merchandise - The Perfect Christmas Gift
RLFANS News
1
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4138
1m
Bevan Staying
Cruncher
27
1m
Shopping List 2023
Ellam
2717
2m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15257
2m
Leeds V NZ
simonw
68
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Announcements
BigTime
2
TODAY
Annual general meeting
H.G.S.A
1
TODAY
England v France Bolton
Moe syslak
2
TODAY
Miller
wrencat1873
11
TODAY
SL 2023
1315trinity
9
TODAY
RLFANSCOM Merchandise - The Perfect Christmas Gift
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million 1,517 ↑4579,2539,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sat 29th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
14:30
England-Greece
WC2022 RND: 3
17:00
Fiji-Scotland
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
Australia-Italy
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29 Penrith28-12Parramatta
L1 RND: 26 Swinton16-10Doncaster
CH RND: 30 Leigh44-12Batley
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Featherstone 5 136 52 84 10
Barrow 5 111 66 45 10
Leigh 5 168 58 110 8
Widnes 5 173 82 91 8
Batley 5 118 85 33 6
Bradford 6 133 135 -2 6
 
York 5 82 100 -18 6
Sheffield 5 122 84 38 4
Halifax 6 124 93 31 4
Newcastle 5 98 110 -12 4
Whitehaven 5 80 120 -40 4
Dewsbury 5 52 162 -110 2
LondonB 5 48 126 -78 0
Workington 5 44 212 -168 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
3m
Transfer talk
Scarey71
373
4m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15257
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
32256
11m
Half Back problem
CW8
18
11m
Shopping List 2023
Ellam
2717
14m
What we currently look like for 2023
vastman
216
17m
Some news would be nice
Listenup94
43
18m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
1654
18m
IMG
vastman
152
23m
Ex-player and ex-coach news
John_D
257
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
51s
Some news would be nice
Listenup94
43
56s
2023 IN Luke Hooley - Expires 2024
ploinerrhino
23
1m
Jordon Lilley
Hudd-Shay
75
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Pieman
24410
1m
RLFANSCOM Merchandise - The Perfect Christmas Gift
RLFANS News
1
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4138
1m
Bevan Staying
Cruncher
27
1m
Shopping List 2023
Ellam
2717
2m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15257
2m
Leeds V NZ
simonw
68
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Announcements
BigTime
2
TODAY
Annual general meeting
H.G.S.A
1
TODAY
England v France Bolton
Moe syslak
2
TODAY
Miller
wrencat1873
11
TODAY
SL 2023
1315trinity
9
TODAY
RLFANSCOM Merchandise - The Perfect Christmas Gift
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!