RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3947
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
Rogues Gallery wrote:
The same artist has done a Man U one and it includes Cantonas kung fu kick. It's part of history. The Wigan one includes Barry Macs "tackle" on Sironen, Farrell and Scully fighting, Tyrer being carried off after Hepworths assault, It happened as much as I wish it hadn't it's part of a history.

However if you look at that montage it's a very, very, very small part of it.



Also includes a player breaking his leg.

Ours includes Phil Bentham with a broken leg. Maybe we shouldn't have included that either.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3947
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
Th'Observer wrote:
I'm not too sure how to upload an image on here but surely the Mish mash has to be edited. There's also a Leigh flag on there!

Has anyone else spotted it?


TAKE IT DOWN!!!!! Gone too far there. IL OUT!!!!

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14958
Member for 17 years
Judder Man wrote:
I think you are entirely missing the point, it was a violent act of thuggery on a player unconscious and defenceless. Flower served his ban showed remorse and gradually it received less attention over the years.

The Wigan culture and structure under Peet has been a good one this year and as a result their has been an element of respect in the direction they are going.


I love that. As if you were all doing us a favour, and now suddenly we've let you down.

Give your head a wobble.

Gaining the respect of those who dislike us is not Wigan's responsibility. When we were the best team on Earth and beat Brisbane in Brisbane, we got minimal respect back here.

The fans know which way the club's going. They don't need the opinions of others. And they certainly don't need rival fans telling them what they can and can't hang on the wall in their own clubhouse.

User avatarTh'Observer wrote:
Th'Observer User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 pm
Posts: 4142
Location: Wigan
Member for 16 years
Egg Chasing wrote:
TAKE IT DOWN!!!!! Gone too far there. IL OUT!!!!


Not quite but detail is important. This should've been spotted and flagged up (pun intended) before being finalised.

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 4651
Location: Just about to go do some work!
Member for 16 years
Judder Man wrote:
I think you are entirely missing the point, it was a violent act of thuggery on a player unconscious and defenceless. Flower served his ban showed remorse and gradually it received less attention over the years.

The Wigan culture and structure under Peet has been a good one this year and as a result their has been an element of respect in the direction they are going.

Then suddenly this poster was revealed and approved by the club recycling the incident as though it’s some sort of cartoon joke with the narrative KLONK. I,m quite suprised the way it has been presented.

Let's put this one to bed. Hohaia was NOT unconscious when the 2nd punch was thrown. You don't move your arms when you're unconscious. He may have been prone but he was not unconscious. It doesn't make the incident any less distasteful but I'm getting sick of these narratives somehow becoming the 'truth'.
proper-shaped-balls User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am
Posts: 1232
Location: Standish - Wigan
Member for 16 years
Phuzzy wrote:
Let's put this one to bed. Hohaia was NOT unconscious when the 2nd punch was thrown. You don't move your arms when you're unconscious. He may have been prone but he was not unconscious. It doesn't make the incident any less distasteful but I'm getting sick of these narratives somehow becoming the 'truth'.



And let's not forget the penalty went to Wigan.
Keep goin wit yed down

WWste wrote:
WWste Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am
Posts: 332
Member for 3 years
I’d of liked to have seen Tomkins knockout try where Rayner clocked him one. Was pretty impressive

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 445
Member for 1 year
I've had my say on it now and it seems to have divided opinion, some Wigan fans agreeing with me and some don't. I even said on this thread that Wigan have done some classy things of late which is what surprised me given the work that Peet is doing on and off the field to improve the culture.

The image itself without the "KLONK" to accompany it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as it was an iconic moment in the history of the game, indeed that clip generated more views on You Tube than any other RL one. Also to those celebrating how good his punch was, that's also in poor taste in my opinion, its like a middleweight fighting a heavyweight. We all know Hohaia started it but he is half the size of Flower so any gloating seems a bit weird to me.

I'm no snowflake, I enjoyed the 2004 biff with Sculthorpe and Farrell as much as anyone else, two blokes the same size going for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that two of the posters on Red Vee have received permanent bans for their comments on Newton. The majority of decent Saints fans don't hold the same opinions as those posters so they will be no great loss. There are some decent posters on there (I'd like to think I'm one of them) so I just wanted to point this out.

User avatarnikos wrote:
nikos User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:32 pm
Posts: 2116
Location: in a world of my own
Member for 17 years
what is it they say these days? .....time to move on and concentrate on......
Wellens 3/10 Like public transport. Late, slow and stunk

FIOS

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 4651
Location: Just about to go do some work!
Member for 16 years
Stu M wrote:
I've had my say on it now and it seems to have divided opinion, some Wigan fans agreeing with me and some don't. I even said on this thread that Wigan have done some classy things of late which is what surprised me given the work that Peet is doing on and off the field to improve the culture.

The image itself without the "KLONK" to accompany it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as it was an iconic moment in the history of the game, indeed that clip generated more views on You Tube than any other RL one. Also to those celebrating how good his punch was, that's also in poor taste in my opinion, its like a middleweight fighting a heavyweight. We all know Hohaia started it but he is half the size of Flower so any gloating seems a bit weird to me.

I'm no snowflake, I enjoyed the 2004 biff with Sculthorpe and Farrell as much as anyone else, two blokes the same size going for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that two of the posters on Red Vee have received permanent bans for their comments on Newton. The majority of decent Saints fans don't hold the same opinions as those posters so they will be no great loss. There are some decent posters on there (I'd like to think I'm one of them) so I just wanted to point this out.


Good to hear this last part Stu. RedVee has been an unbridled cesspit for some time and bans should have been handed out years ago. Some of the Terry Newton comments were disgraceful (and possibly actionable under recent social media legislation). Whatever people's opinions in the artwork, that sort of response is totally unacceptable.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jason65, jaws1, MadDogg, S_Riley, sergeant pepper and 133 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
vastman
846
37m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17666
38m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34987
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
25s
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
31s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17666
46s
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
48s
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
52s
What we currently look like for 2023
vastman
846
1m
Confirmed 2023 squad
Vancouver Le
96
1m
Matty Russell signed
sally cinnam
68
1m
Props for 2023
Bent&Bon
15
1m
Transfer talk
Pyrah123
700
1m
Wane out
SouthStandRe
72
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
Alffi_7
3
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
TODAY
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
sally cinnam
68
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5361
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1432
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2419
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1319
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1386
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1564
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1974
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1670
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2328
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2324
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2250
England Top Group A With Big W..
1966
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1757
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2898
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2301
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million +11,438 ↑4079,3049,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 18th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
13:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
20:00
Castleford
v
Wigan
 Thu 9th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Wigan
v
Catalans
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2022
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sat 19th Nov
WC2022 6 Australia M30-10Samoa M
WWC2022 5 Australia W54-4New Zealand W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
vastman
846
37m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17666
38m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34987
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
25s
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
31s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17666
46s
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
48s
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
52s
What we currently look like for 2023
vastman
846
1m
Confirmed 2023 squad
Vancouver Le
96
1m
Matty Russell signed
sally cinnam
68
1m
Props for 2023
Bent&Bon
15
1m
Transfer talk
Pyrah123
700
1m
Wane out
SouthStandRe
72
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
Alffi_7
3
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Or thane
11
TODAY
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
sally cinnam
68
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5361
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1432
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2419
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1319
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1386
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1564
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1974
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1670
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2328
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2324
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2250
England Top Group A With Big W..
1966
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1757
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2898
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2301


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!