RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena

Jason65 wrote:
Jason65 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 480
Member for 2 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.


If you disagree with someone else doesnt mean derision has occurred just means they disagree with you in their opinion.
It is still part of our history like it or not maybe in bad taste but still part of Wigans history as are the broken leg etc.
They could have done a pic of Mcginis (spell) hitting Tuson from behind or even LMS trying to finger Hock as you were being destroyed in that game but they didnt.
As we know stains fans would have complained about that and would have thrown Wigans foul plays right back at us.

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 2477
Location: God's little acre
Member for 14 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.


Personally I think that the cartoon is a great idea but personally I probably wouldn't have included the Flower incident with the narrative but for me it isn't "the end of the world" that it was decided to include it. Not being party to the commissioning of the cartoon it's difficult to conclude the why's and wherefore's to the "sign off" however, I suspect it was commissioned as a cartoon and as such the finished product including the Flower incident complies with the very essence of a cartoon albeit, obviously not to everyone's taste. I suppose a little bit like Viz you either love it or loath it.

By the way I enjoy seeing posts from TYG, FTV and yourself. I've no issue whatsoever with your views or how you present them but it would be very surprising that many on here would agree with you on this particular topic as each side has a reasonable and personal viewpoint on the matter and will react accordingly if their opinion is questioned.

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 4575
Location: Just about to go do some work!
Member for 16 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.

How are they not being considered Stu? I think you're mistaking "being considered" with "agreeing with". You're entitled to the first but not the 2nd. As it goes, in this instance I and others agree that we probably wouldn't have included it. However that doesn't make it the right opinion. The alternative view is completely valid too. It's part of our history for better or worse.

Incidentally, I've been on RedVee and I haven't seen you (or FTV or YG for that matter, all of whom I consider good posters) objecting to posters there saying that Hohaia was "unconscious" and that the punch "ended his career" neither of which is true. How come you're offended by views on here to something that actually happened here but less so by the perpetuation of out and out lies over on your own board?

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 250
Member for L 0 years
Phuzzy wrote:
How are they not being considered Stu? I think you're mistaking "being considered" with "agreeing with". You're entitled to the first but not the 2nd. As it goes, in this instance I and others agree that we probably wouldn't have included it. However that doesn't make it the right opinion. The alternative view is completely valid too. It's part of our history for better or worse.

Incidentally, I've been on RedVee and I haven't seen you (or FTV or YG for that matter, all of whom I consider good posters) objecting to posters there saying that Hohaia was "unconscious" and that the punch "ended his career" neither of which is true. How come you're offended by views on here to something that actually happened here but less so by the perpetuation of out and out lies over on your own board?


I've no problem with not being agreed with. But since my initial post on the first page of this thread I've had "how high is your horse" "snowflake", "Saints fans making mountain out of molehills, "crying over nothing" etc so not really the same is it?

Secondly, my user name on Red Vee isn't Stu M so you wouldn't know my posts anyway. And FWIW in my opinion Hohaia was out unconscious when the second punch landed, he wasn't moving and had no way of defending himself, not sure how you can deny that? We don't know if that single punch ended his career do we but it didn't help!

If we are being pedantic also, if you watch the game back Flower makes first contact with Hohaia running back which leads to Hohaia's intial (admittedly) cheap shot

Jason65 wrote:
Jason65 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 480
Member for 2 years
Stu M wrote:
I've no problem with not being agreed with. But since my initial post on the first page of this thread I've had "how high is your horse" "snowflake", "Saints fans making mountain out of molehills, "crying over nothing" etc so not really the same is it?

Secondly, my user name on Red Vee isn't Stu M so you wouldn't know my posts anyway. And FWIW in my opinion Hohaia was out unconscious when the second punch landed, he wasn't moving and had no way of defending himself, not sure how you can deny that? We don't know if that single punch ended his career do we but it didn't help!

If we are being pedantic also, if you watch the game back Flower makes first contact with Hohaia running back which leads to Hohaia's intial (admittedly) cheap shot


But we do know it was over in a split second what i mean it was slowed down to make it far worse than what it was.
We all know it was bad and wished Ben hadnt done as it cost us the game but it is still part of our history. And before my comment gets twisted it was bad and he deserved the ban.

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 11173
Location: Much too far South
Member for 20 years
Egg Chasing wrote:
The same reason Man Utd and the other clubs that have had these done were happy probably.


Do you really think United have photos of Cantona kung fu kicking a fan or Keane breaking AIH's leg at the training ground? People seem to be suggesting this is the case - I would be absolutely astounded.

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 11173
Location: Much too far South
Member for 20 years
NSW wrote:
Yourself and FTV are good posters mate. Even the giraffe is getting more reasonable recently :lol:


Better ramp up the hate before my dad disowns me.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3713
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
Stu M wrote:
If we are being pedantic also, if you watch the game back Flower makes first contact with Hohaia running back which leads to Hohaia's intial (admittedly) cheap shot


Not quite correct there Stu. First contact is a late hit in the tackle on Flower (I think this is actually Masoe) which leads to Flower "hitting" Lance (who he clearly thought it was) whilst chasing the kick.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3713
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
FearTheVee wrote:
Do you really think United have photos of Cantona kung fu kicking a fan or Keane breaking AIH's leg at the training ground? People seem to be suggesting this is the case - I would be absolutely astounded.


So if we hung it somewhere else that would be ok?

It's a cartoon FFS

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 250
Member for L 0 years
Egg Chasing wrote:
Not quite correct there Stu. First contact is a late hit in the tackle on Flower (I think this is actually Masoe) which leads to Flower "hitting" Lance (who he clearly thought it was) whilst chasing the kick.


Ok. So you admit then that in the Hoahai/Flower altercation then Flower starts it between the two of them....
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoredWiganer, ChrisA, Google Feedfetcher and 123 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23m
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
Once were Lo
100
48m
Three new signings
RagingBull
4
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23s
Powell OUT
Peckerwood
625
52s
TV games not Wire
ninearches
350
54s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
12170
58s
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
Once were Lo
100
1m
Hull
jools
14
1m
Lewis Murphy
Pat Bateman
116
1m
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
23921
2m
Batley Home
Ilkley Fax
41
2m
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
3m
Loads of effort no ability
Pat Bateman
44
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Bradford have air conditioning
orangeman
1
TODAY
Toulouse week
Peckerwood
3
TODAY
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
TODAY
Three new signings
RagingBull
4
TODAY
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
The Magic Ra
5
TODAY
Lewis Hamilton to be part of the takeover of The Broncos
Victor
1
TODAY
Leeds game all or nothing
Funland Robo
1
TODAY
Catalan last try
PopTart
20
TODAY
Rhinos Into The Six With Win Over Salford
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.35Million 804 ↑1879,17134,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sun 14th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R23
15:00
Wakefield
v
Wigan
 Fri 19th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Wigan
v
Toulouse
 Fri 26th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
20:00
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 Mon 29th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sat 3rd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
15:00
Wigan
v
Catalans
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 11th Aug
SL RND: 23
20:00
Warrington-Toulouse
Fri 12th Aug
SL RND: 23
20:00
Hull KR-Leeds
Sat 13th Aug
SL RND: 23
13:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Mon 15th Aug
CH RND: 23
19:45
York-Bradford
Thu 18th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 19th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Hull FC-Wakefield
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-SAM
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
JAM-IRE
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
NZ-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
SCO-IRE
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-PNG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WAL-Cook I
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-SCO
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-ITA
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
NZ-JAM
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-IRE
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Sun 7th Aug
SL RND: 22 St.Helens20-12Castleford
SL RND: 22 Leeds34-14Salford
SL RND: 22 Wakefield16-20Catalans
CH RND: 22 Bradford48-18Workington
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury10-22York
CH RND: 22 Leigh52-20Barrow
CH RND: 22 Newcastle0-44LondonB
CH RND: 22 Sheffield38-26Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Widnes16-20Featherstone
CH RND: 22 Halifax34-18Batley
L1 RND: 18 Cornwall12-36Crusaders
L1 RND: 18 Doncaster26-20Rochdale
L1 RND: 18 Midlands36-41Oldham
L1 RND: 18 Swinton22-26Keighley
NRL RND: 21 Canterbury14-28NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 21 Wests10-14Newcastle
Sat 6th Aug
L1 RND: 18 LondonS68-18West Wales
NRL RND: 21 Souths48-10NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 21 Canberra6-26Penrith
NRL RND: 21 Cronulla24-18St.George
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 22 982 188 794 42
Featherstone 22 834 380 454 37
Halifax 22 669 358 311 32
Batley 22 638 395 243 32
York 22 539 434 105 30
Barrow 22 569 483 86 29
 
Sheffield 22 579 536 43 20
Widnes 22 492 553 -61 20
Bradford 22 457 544 -87 20
Newcastle 22 497 649 -152 15
LondonB 22 434 580 -146 13
Whitehaven 22 356 774 -418 11
Dewsbury 22 285 776 -491 5
Workington 22 232 913 -681 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 15 669 118 551 30
Crusaders 17 640 308 332 28
Swinton 16 605 263 342 24
Doncaster 16 548 326 222 24
Rochdale 16 588 409 179 22
Hunslet 16 445 364 81 17
 
Oldham 16 443 455 -12 11
LondonS 16 356 579 -223 10
Midlands 16 416 576 -160 8
Cornwall 17 248 716 -468 2
West Wales 17 144 988 -844 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 22 512 276 236 36
Wigan 22 648 395 253 32
Huddersfield 22 493 386 107 29
Catalans 22 457 369 88 28
Castleford 22 479 494 -15 22
Leeds 22 475 436 39 21
 
Salford 22 529 512 17 20
Hull FC 22 424 513 -89 20
Hull KR 22 386 492 -106 20
Warrington 22 432 551 -119 14
Wakefield 22 375 578 -203 12
Toulouse 22 355 563 -208 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 21
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 20 556 303 253 34
NQL Cowboys 20 519 297 222 30
Melbourne 20 614 358 256 28
Cronulla 20 443 330 113 28
Parramatta 20 491 437 54 26
Souths 20 520 412 108 24
Brisbane 20 456 405 51 24
Sydney 20 489 378 111 22
 
Canberra 20 368 401 -33 20
Manly 20 434 442 -8 18
St.George 20 353 487 -134 18
Canterbury 20 338 455 -117 12
Newcastle 20 298 532 -234 12
NZ Warriors 20 324 561 -237 10
Wests 20 302 491 -189 8
Gold Coast 20 322 538 -216 6
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23m
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
Once were Lo
100
48m
Three new signings
RagingBull
4
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23s
Powell OUT
Peckerwood
625
52s
TV games not Wire
ninearches
350
54s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
12170
58s
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
Once were Lo
100
1m
Hull
jools
14
1m
Lewis Murphy
Pat Bateman
116
1m
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
23921
2m
Batley Home
Ilkley Fax
41
2m
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
3m
Loads of effort no ability
Pat Bateman
44
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Bradford have air conditioning
orangeman
1
TODAY
Toulouse week
Peckerwood
3
TODAY
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
TODAY
Three new signings
RagingBull
4
TODAY
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
The Magic Ra
5
TODAY
Lewis Hamilton to be part of the takeover of The Broncos
Victor
1
TODAY
Leeds game all or nothing
Funland Robo
1
TODAY
Catalan last try
PopTart
20
TODAY
Rhinos Into The Six With Win Over Salford
RLFANS News
1
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!