RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena

User avatarJTB wrote:
JTB User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:41 am
Posts: 21011
Location: Dog nosing
Member for 19 years

Th'Observer wrote:
Not quite but detail is important. This should've been spotted and flagged up (pun intended) before being finalised.


Someone should Lobby them about it.
scotty 10 says: how du spell eal? is it eel?

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 19825
Member for 19 years
Stu M wrote:
I've had my say on it now and it seems to have divided opinion, some Wigan fans agreeing with me and some don't. I even said on this thread that Wigan have done some classy things of late which is what surprised me given the work that Peet is doing on and off the field to improve the culture.

The image itself without the "KLONK" to accompany it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as it was an iconic moment in the history of the game, indeed that clip generated more views on You Tube than any other RL one. Also to those celebrating how good his punch was, that's also in poor taste in my opinion, its like a middleweight fighting a heavyweight. We all know Hohaia started it but he is half the size of Flower so any gloating seems a bit weird to me.

I'm no snowflake, I enjoyed the 2004 biff with Sculthorpe and Farrell as much as anyone else, two blokes the same size going for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that two of the posters on Red Vee have received permanent bans for their comments on Newton. The majority of decent Saints fans don't hold the same opinions as those posters so they will be no great loss. There are some decent posters on there (I'd like to think I'm one of them) so I just wanted to point this out.


It's a pity that the Saints forum on this site is largely ignored in favour of Redvee as theres no way any rival fan would get away with any sensible debate on there (Wiganers especially). I think rival fans add something to discussions most of the time, hence why I remain on here since 2003 when I joined up. Friendly and 'not so friendly' banter over the years and a few disagreements, from clubs of all teams, although many regular posters 'Home and away' have fallen away. I think Saints fans migrated away from RLfans over five years ago, although some like yourself pop back in now and again.

I've never really ventured onto the Warriors fans forum for similar reasons.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013 & 2022

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 am  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 am  

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 11173
Location: Much too far South
Member for 20 years
Pie_Eyter wrote:
How high is your horse?

Head over to your site and see what has been written about Terry Newton then come back and tell me how great and upstanding your fans are. Take your time.


I suppose when the St Helens club frames those comments and puts them on a wall at the training ground you will have a strong point.

Not condoning what the (since rightly banned) morons on redvee said, but talk about whatabouttery and false equivalence.

Great idea, poor taste but each to their own - Wigan obviously are happy with it but I must say I'm not sure why they would be.
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:08 am  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:08 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3715
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
FearTheVee wrote:
Wigan obviously are happy with it but I must say I'm not sure why they would be.


The same reason Man Utd and the other clubs that have had these done were happy probably.

It's a cartoon strip meant for a bit of fun to show famous images from the club's history. I doubt they wrote to the Palace fan apologising or indeed the Coventry player who is shown snapping his leg into pieces.

I wonder if Phil Bentham wants an apology for appearing on it with a broken leg :ASK:
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:55 am  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:55 am  

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 261
Member for L 0 years
Egg Chasing wrote:
The same reason Man Utd and the other clubs that have had these done were happy probably.

It's a cartoon strip meant for a bit of fun to show famous images from the club's history. I doubt they wrote to the Palace fan apologising or indeed the Coventry player who is shown snapping his leg into pieces.

I wonder if Phil Bentham wants an apology for appearing on it with a broken leg :ASK:


Missing the point. The other displays were fan- led and not officially endorsed by the club. Wigan's official club account tweeted this image and I believe someone officially signed it off. That's a big difference.
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 pm  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3672
Location: wigan...where else!!
Member for 19 years
Stu M wrote:
Missing the point. The other displays were fan- led and not officially endorsed by the club. Wigan's official club account tweeted this image and I believe someone officially signed it off. That's a big difference.

The only "Big" difference is that Saints fans are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:23 pm  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:23 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3715
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
hatty wrote:
The only "Big" difference is that Saints fans are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.


You could be on to something there
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:33 pm  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:33 pm  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 15013
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
Member for 17 years
hatty wrote:
The only "Big" difference is that Saints fans are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.


Surely not!
"BOHICA"
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:37 pm  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:37 pm  

Stu M wrote:
Stu M Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:43 am
Posts: 261
Member for L 0 years
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:54 pm  
Re: 150 year 'Mish-mash' poster in the Arena
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:54 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3028
Member for 16 years
Stu M wrote:
Strange isn't it. Some on here advocate rival fans coming on to give different opinions and then when said rival fans do come on, their opinions are not even considered.

Myself, TYG and FTV have all expressed our opinions (in the right manner I may add, nothing aggressive, foul-mouthed etc) yet because they differ and don't match some Wigan fans opinions, they are derided.

Shame that. And people wonder why other fans dip in and out of here.

Yourself and FTV are good posters mate. Even the giraffe is getting more reasonable recently :lol:
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoredWiganer, CobraCraig, Cruncher, exiled Warrior, Froggy, keyrox, LesG, MadDogg, NSW, Phuzzy, Rogues Gallery, roo67, sergeant pepper, The Whiffy Kipper and 297 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors