RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Latics v Burnley
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 7417
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Member for 18 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
Are you actually being serious, or on the windup?

We don't own a stadium - how is that good? See the post above from NK who mentions/suggests that our biggest game of the season could be on a Thursday and the potential impact that will have on the gate.

We rightly talk about numbers through the gate and how we need more. The club could get a decent crowd tomorrow night and should be applauded for their efforts, sadly tho it could be taken away with the potential reduction Vs Saints. How is that good?

We send fans to Robin Park (a place I like btw) pre-match, but some still go in the SS bar. Obviously the club want them at RP as it makes more money. Would it not be better to house them in a stadium we own?


This is not aimed at you in particular - or Conroy etc.

But it is what it is
Trust me - there are a couple of people on this forum who know quite a bit about the ground situation, what went on through Latics administration, what the councils position would be on any new ground etc. & what the terms of the previous deal were and what has been agreed moving forward

But the simple fact is this
The people who own our club currently believe with ALL the information available it is the best solution currently to have a ground share with whatever deal they have agreed
Unless any of us have ALL of that info our opinions are nothing more than opinions not based on facts

I am 100% sure that both CEO's will have had these conversations prior to the EFL fixtures being announced, and preliminary agreements & options will have been discussed.
Maybe we will need to move a game or 2 to another night, maybe we won't
Maybe we will play back to back, maybe we won't
etc. etc.

The previous regime were losing nearly 1.5million a year running the stadium - I would suggest that's 1 reason why it wouldn't be good to own the stadium - Maybe owning it we could cut costs, make it work to our advantage etc. etc. who knows

What I will say is that given the current financial situation and spiralling utilities etc. I wouldn't want to own it.

Anyway

I'm sure there will be an announcement soon, I won't be too worried what it is, I'll just get on with enjoying watching the games rather than speculating and worrying about Hypotheticals
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 4303
Member for 8 years
It is what it is. Clearly, in the short term, there is no alternative, and that doesn't sound so awful, especially in the current economic climate. And in the long-term, who knows?
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm  

Conroy! wrote:
Conroy! Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 am
Posts: 11
Member for 1 year
sergeant pepper wrote:
Are you actually being serious, or on the windup?

We don't own a stadium - how is that good? See the post above from NK who mentions/suggests that our biggest game of the season could be on a Thursday and the potential impact that will have on the gate.

We rightly talk about numbers through the gate and how we need more. The club could get a decent crowd tomorrow night and should be applauded for their efforts, sadly tho it could be taken away with the potential reduction Vs Saints. How is that good?

We send fans to Robin Park (a place I like btw) pre-match, but some still go in the SS bar. Obviously the club want them at RP as it makes more money. Would it not be better to house them in a stadium we own?


There are actually more sporting clubs that don't own their own stadium than you would think and one of the big reasons is that the cost that it takes to maintain them and the fact that for the majority of the time they are empty or only a small section is being used.

There have been multiple improvements to the stadium over the last few weeks according to Latics, and WRL will have paid the square root of zero towards the majority if not all of them yet they get to utilise every one of them to their own advantage.

Owning a stadium is not the be all and end all (see the reasons for leaving CP as evidence)
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:08 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:08 pm  

Conroy! wrote:
Conroy! Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 am
Posts: 11
Member for 1 year
Jukesays wrote:
This is not aimed at you in particular - or Conroy etc.

But it is what it is
Trust me - there are a couple of people on this forum who know quite a bit about the ground situation, what went on through Latics administration, what the councils position would be on any new ground etc. & what the terms of the previous deal were and what has been agreed moving forward

But the simple fact is this
The people who own our club currently believe with ALL the information available it is the best solution currently to have a ground share with whatever deal they have agreed
Unless any of us have ALL of that info our opinions are nothing more than opinions not based on facts

I am 100% sure that both CEO's will have had these conversations prior to the EFL fixtures being announced, and preliminary agreements & options will have been discussed.
Maybe we will need to move a game or 2 to another night, maybe we won't
Maybe we will play back to back, maybe we won't
etc. etc.

The previous regime were losing nearly 1.5million a year running the stadium - I would suggest that's 1 reason why it wouldn't be good to own the stadium - Maybe owning it we could cut costs, make it work to our advantage etc. etc. who knows

What I will say is that given the current financial situation and spiralling utilities etc. I wouldn't want to own it.

Anyway

I'm sure there will be an announcement soon, I won't be too worried what it is, I'll just get on with enjoying watching the games rather than speculating and worrying about Hypotheticals


The stadium used to lose money hand over fist. The upkeep costs alone are staggering, and that's before idiots smash windows, break seats or a bit of bad weather rips the pitch apart.
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:09 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:09 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
Are you actually being serious, or on the windup?

We don't own a stadium - how is that good? See the post above from NK who mentions/suggests that our biggest game of the season could be on a Thursday and the potential impact that will have on the gate.

We rightly talk about numbers through the gate and how we need more. The club could get a decent crowd tomorrow night and should be applauded for their efforts, sadly tho it could be taken away with the potential reduction Vs Saints. How is that good?

We send fans to Robin Park (a place I like btw) pre-match, but some still go in the SS bar. Obviously the club want them at RP as it makes more money. Would it not be better to house them in a stadium we own?


You don't know any then?

The date the Saints game is played isn't even in our hands to begin with. If Sky decide they want it Thursday for viewing figures then it's Thursday whether we own the stadium, the town or the RFL.
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
Jukesays wrote:
The previous regime were losing nearly 1.5million a year running the stadium


:shock: :shock:
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:28 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:28 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 3206
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Member for 11 years
Egg Chasing wrote:
You don't know any then?

The date the Saints game is played isn't even in our hands to begin with. If Sky decide they want it Thursday for viewing figures then it's Thursday whether we own the stadium, the town or the RFL.


Go and find someone else to windup pal.
22 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
4 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:56 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:56 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3734
Location: Watching Rugby League
Member for 10 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
Go and find someone else to windup pal.


I'll take that as you still don't know
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 7417
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Member for 18 years
Any chance a Mod can lock this?
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club
Re: Latics v Burnley Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:23 pm  
Re: Latics v Burnley
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:23 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 3206
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Member for 11 years
Jukesays wrote:

But the simple fact is this
The people who own our club currently believe with ALL the information available it is the best solution currently to have a ground share with whatever deal they have agreed
Unless any of us have ALL of that info our opinions are nothing more than opinions not based on facts

I am


I do get what you are saying, but this is my issue on a few things - it's always IL did this, so it has to be the best way of doing it and, as such, there's no room to say the opposite.

What I'm saying is, you could give everyone on here £1m and four options on how to invest it. We'll all take different options based off how risk adverse we are.

Just because IL has all the facts, doesn't make his decision the only option. I don't know everything, that's certainly clear, but I do know that plenty of sporting teams, across a numerous sports make it work. I like to think that we could.
22 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
4 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alectrician, Barrett was robbed, Bing [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, jaws1, LewCharnock, MadDogg, Rogues Gallery and 220 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
37s
Hull on Friday
Wildcatnomor
50
1m
RD 24 Warrington Wolves H
chapylad
63
1m
Recruitment and retention
terry silver
38
2m
Squad for Leeds
easyWire
30
5m
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
Clearwing
12
6m
Newcastle Home
terry silver
11
13m
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
steve slippe
18
16m
Props/forwards formation 2023
Alffi_7
55
16m
Brad on the move
ball-in-hand
11
24m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
29320
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
42s
Brad on the move
ball-in-hand
11
52s
Props/forwards formation 2023
Alffi_7
55
57s
Oh well Wakey next
Dave K.
130
1m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
chapylad
659
1m
Kelepi
wakeytrin
59
1m
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
steve slippe
18
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4019
1m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Away
Rugby
14
1m
South based Rhinosan appeal
Jamie101
3
1m
Beggars belief
crashmon
3
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Brad on the move
ball-in-hand
11
TODAY
71 yrs Ago Today
GeoffRoebuck
1
TODAY
Beggars belief
crashmon
3
TODAY
Away from the stress of sl
winnintrin
5
TODAY
Hi all - Im still here
PopTart
4
TODAY
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
Clearwing
12
TODAY
What is a supporter
orangeman
5
TODAY
South based Rhinosan appeal
Jamie101
3
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
easyWire
30
TODAY
Matty Russell
Redscat
9
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.36Million +41,674 79,18834,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2022-R23
 FT
Hover 
Souths
22-26
Penrith
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
 TOMORROW
     Super League XXVII-R24
20:00
Wigan
v
Toulouse
 Fri 26th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R25
20:00
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 Mon 29th Aug
     Super League XXVII-R26
15:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sat 3rd Sep
     Super League XXVII-R27
15:00
Wigan
v
Catalans
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 18th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 19th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Hull FC-Wakefield
Wed 24th Aug
SL RND: 25
20:00
Leeds-Huddersfield
Thu 25th Aug
SL RND: 25
19:30
Toulouse-Catalans
Fri 26th Aug
SL RND: 25
20:00
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-SAM
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
JAM-IRE
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
NZ-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
SCO-IRE
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-PNG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WAL-Cook I
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-SCO
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-ITA
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
NZ-JAM
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-IRE
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WAL
Thu 18th Aug
NRL
LIVE
Souths22-26Penrith
Mon 15th Aug
CH RND: 23 York16-20Bradford
Sun 14th Aug
SL RND: 23 Hull FC6-60St.Helens
SL RND: 23 Wakefield30-12Wigan
CH RND: 23 Batley12-30Barrow
CH RND: 23 Featherstone72-6Dewsbury
CH RND: 23 LondonB38-12Workington
CH RND: 23 Whitehaven12-26Widnes
CH RND: 23 Newcastle0-60Leigh
L1 RND: 19 Rochdale34-14Cornwall
L1 RND: 19 Keighley60-18Hunslet
L1 RND: 19 Midlands18-52Doncaster
L1 RND: 19 Oldham60-6LondonS
NRL RND: 22 Canberra24-22St.George
NRL RND: 22 Gold Coast44-24Manly
Sat 13th Aug
SL RND: 23 Salford33-16Huddersfield
L1 RND: 19 West Wales6-94Swinton
NRL RND: 22 Sydney32-18NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 22 Wests12-36Cronulla
NRL RND: 22 Brisbane28-10Newcastle
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 23
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 23 1042 188 854 44
Featherstone 23 906 386 520 39
Halifax 23 701 384 317 34
Batley 23 650 425 225 32
Barrow 23 599 495 104 31
York 23 555 454 101 30
 
Widnes 23 518 565 -47 22
Bradford 23 477 560 -83 22
Sheffield 23 605 568 37 20
LondonB 23 472 592 -120 15
Newcastle 23 497 709 -212 15
Whitehaven 23 368 800 -432 11
Dewsbury 23 291 848 -557 5
Workington 23 244 951 -707 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 19
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 16 729 136 593 32
Crusaders 17 640 308 332 28
Swinton 17 699 269 430 26
Doncaster 17 600 344 256 26
Rochdale 17 622 423 199 24
Hunslet 17 463 424 39 17
 
Oldham 17 503 461 42 13
LondonS 17 362 639 -277 10
Midlands 17 434 628 -194 8
Cornwall 18 262 750 -488 2
West Wales 18 150 1082 -932 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 23
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 23 572 282 290 38
Wigan 23 660 425 235 32
Huddersfield 23 509 419 90 29
Catalans 23 465 387 78 28
Castleford 23 497 502 -5 24
Leeds 23 503 456 47 23
 
Salford 23 562 528 34 22
Hull KR 23 406 520 -114 20
Hull FC 23 430 573 -143 20
Warrington 23 464 569 -105 16
Wakefield 23 405 590 -185 14
Toulouse 23 373 595 -222 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 21 556 319 237 34
Melbourne 21 630 358 272 30
NQL Cowboys 21 537 329 208 30
Cronulla 21 479 342 137 30
Souths 21 546 412 134 26
Brisbane 21 484 415 69 26
Parramatta 21 491 463 28 26
Sydney 21 521 396 125 24
 
Canberra 21 392 423 -31 22
Manly 21 458 486 -28 18
St.George 21 375 511 -136 18
Canterbury 21 356 497 -141 12
NZ Warriors 21 366 579 -213 12
Newcastle 21 308 560 -252 12
Gold Coast 21 366 562 -196 8
Wests 21 314 527 -213 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
37s
Hull on Friday
Wildcatnomor
50
1m
RD 24 Warrington Wolves H
chapylad
63
1m
Recruitment and retention
terry silver
38
2m
Squad for Leeds
easyWire
30
5m
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
Clearwing
12
6m
Newcastle Home
terry silver
11
13m
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
steve slippe
18
16m
Props/forwards formation 2023
Alffi_7
55
16m
Brad on the move
ball-in-hand
11
24m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
29320
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
42s
Brad on the move
ball-in-hand
11
52s
Props/forwards formation 2023
Alffi_7
55
57s
Oh well Wakey next
Dave K.
130
1m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
chapylad
659
1m
Kelepi
wakeytrin
59
1m
2022 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
steve slippe
18
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
chapylad
4019
1m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Away
Rugby
14
1m
South based Rhinosan appeal
Jamie101
3
1m
Beggars belief
crashmon
3
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Brad on the move
ball-in-hand
11
TODAY
71 yrs Ago Today
GeoffRoebuck
1
TODAY
Beggars belief
crashmon
3
TODAY
Away from the stress of sl
winnintrin
5
TODAY
Hi all - Im still here
PopTart
4
TODAY
2023 OUT Bodene Thompson - Released
Clearwing
12
TODAY
What is a supporter
orangeman
5
TODAY
South based Rhinosan appeal
Jamie101
3
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
easyWire
30
TODAY
Matty Russell
Redscat
9
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!