sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 10 years
Jukesays wrote:
100% This

100% This

100% This

People who decide what they want the answer to be and then making FACTS fit those answers is not the way to go

The Facts are NOT CLEAR when they are not facts

Maybe you were Lucky, Maybe you are double jabbed - Either way count yourself lucky

I remember arguing with similar posters 18 months ago when they were talking about the original COVID and they were saying similar things about that back then.
Particularly they were talking about Florida etc. and there not being an issue (IIRC MattyB took them to task in the main) - 10 days later, Hundreds of thousands of cases, and a couple of weeks after that Thousands of deaths - Guess what? They all went silent
(I also remember the same lot arguing that if the Democrats didn't win the Election Antifa & BLM would cause mayhem and insurrection whilst the other way round the Republican/Trump party would accept the results - That worked out well didn't it - But I digress).

Listen to the experts
I hate Boris and this Tory lot with a passion, but don't dismiss the experts and what they're saying just because you may or may not be happy with Boris, The Government or the MSM etc.

Anyone not watched the Richard Dimbleby lecture on BBC1 ?
Come off Facebook, Come off Twitter and take an hour or so to watch this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... ah-gilbert

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-12-07-pr ... by-lecture

No, don't listen to the experts or at least not to every word they say.

Medical experts are focused on one thing - protecting the NHS. They have zero care or knowledge about the rest of society i.e the economy, or wider socio/political issues. Likewise the econon experts are saying that lockdown would torpedo the economy - but that's exactly what the medical experts are advising.

I'm double jabbed and had my booster. I've followed the rules (for the most part) and now my Xmas party has been cancelled, my holiday to France in Jan is done in and now they are saying don't go to the football or rugby. What's the point? We'll still be end up being punished, so we might as well crack on.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:21 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 19 years
The best thing I recently saw from a top virologist about vaccines was the below (wish I had saved a link to it now), but in essence it was that the three shots we have received aren't just three of the same:

Vaccine 1 is a bit like having primary school education. It gives you the building blocks in the fight against Covid.

Vaccine 2 compares to secondary school, a slightly more effective shot building on from the first thus giving some extra protection.

Booster shot was like University and is by far the strongest and best vaccine to be very effective against delta (90%+) and reasonably effective against Omicron (70%+).

Will try find said link.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:34 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 19 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
No, don't listen to the experts or at least not to every word they say.

Medical experts are focused on one thing - protecting the NHS. They have zero care or knowledge about the rest of society i.e the economy, or wider socio/political issues. Likewise the econon experts are saying that lockdown would torpedo the economy - but that's exactly what the medical experts are advising.

I'm double jabbed and had my booster. I've followed the rules (for the most part) and now my Xmas party has been cancelled, my holiday to France in Jan is done in and now they are saying don't go to the football or rugby. What's the point? We'll still be end up being punished, so we might as well crack on.

I can understand your frustrations, I'm 3 x jabbed and it's possible that things may start to close down after Christmas. I'm booked to go to Egypt on holiday on 17th Jan which is potentially unlikely. But the most important thing is our health, 90% protection against contracting Delta and 70% protection against contracting Omicron are good to decent odds. Even if we contract either the % is even higher against hospitalisation, and then even higher % against even death (which ultimately is the most important thing). I will take those odds.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel, vast majority vaccinated and backed up with these new Pfiezer pills which reduce death and hospitalisation by 90%.

I've told people to treat Covid vaccinations like we do seatbelts. We all wear them cause the science says its safer to do so. Do people still die in crashes having worn a seat belt, unfortunately yes it can happen. But a massive % more do when they don't wear one.

Why risk it?
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Member for 17 years
MattyB wrote:
I can understand your frustrations, I'm 3 x jabbed and it's possible that things may start to close down after Christmas. I'm booked to go to Egypt on holiday on 17th Jan which is potentially unlikely. But the most important thing is our health, 90% protection against contracting Delta and 70% protection against contracting Omicron are good to decent odds. Even if we contract either the % is even higher against hospitalisation, and then even higher % against even death (which ultimately is the most important thing). I will take those odds.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel, vast majority vaccinated and backed up with these new Pfiezer pills which reduce death and hospitalisation by 90%.

I've told people to treat Covid vaccinations like we do seatbelts. We all wear them cause the science says its safer to do so. Do people still die in crashes having worn a seat belt, unfortunately yes it can happen. But a massive % more do when they don't wear one.

Why risk it?

Genuinely I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t think you had a point - you do. Alongside Jukesays I don’t massively disagree. I still think we should just be cracking on though. End restrictions, encourage vaccinations (both double and booster) and get on with life. I’m not for one minute dumbing down how vicious it has been and I sincerely hope I haven’t come across that way. I’m by no means anti vax or anything like that but the time is now to get on with it. Let people live their lives. I also think, much like Brexit was for May, this (alongside him being just a pure belligerent liar and con artist) will see the end of De Pffeffel.
Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:03 am  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 10 years
MattyB wrote:

Why risk it?

"Edit - just realised you meant why risk it in regards to getting a booster etc.

The last question is an important one and the answer will be different to each person.

I live on my own and the ski holiday which has been cancelled, is realistically my only chance at a holiday this year. It's a lads trip so, no partners etc. I could go away on my own in the summer, but would I really want to? Id happily risk it at the min.

I saw the Welsh Health Expert say something like "I want to see family this Xmas and not go to clubs or sporting events.". That's great for him, but many don't want that. Many,. especially the younger generation, want to meet up with friends instead of family. I'm sure there would be many on here who'd take a game of rugby over a family meal etc.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:40 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 19 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
"Edit - just realised you meant why risk it in regards to getting a booster etc.

The last question is an important one and the answer will be different to each person.

I live on my own and the ski holiday which has been cancelled, is realistically my only chance at a holiday this year. It's a lads trip so, no partners etc. I could go away on my own in the summer, but would I really want to? Id happily risk it at the min.

I saw the Welsh Health Expert say something like "I want to see family this Xmas and not go to clubs or sporting events.". That's great for him, but many don't want that. Many,. especially the younger generation, want to meet up with friends instead of family. I'm sure there would be many on here who'd take a game of rugby over a family meal etc.

Ah.. I think I screwed up my response on the last post. When I meant 'why risk it' I meant not having any more jabs after the booster to remain highly protected which was probably aimed at 100% warrior rather than yourself. Sorry about that.

I fully agree that we should get on with life where we can. Like I said in an earlier post, I went to the cinema a couple of days ago and I'm meeting up with some friends tonight. Yes I'm taking a slight risk that could potentially affect Christmas Day plans and a few jobs I have between now and the end of the year (I'm self employed) plus I have a holiday booked mid Jan.

I know I'm taking that risk, I've thought about it. I could just stay in.
But I 'need' some down time with mates and as long as its still legal (we aren't locked down yet) then it's a risk I'm willing to take.

On the brighter side I'm hoping that in 6 weeks things are looking more positive and people can watch the team feeling relatively safe.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:10 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 9 years
post wrote:
I'm hoping the club don't bring in the vaccine passports, this will all blow over by the seasons start.

Why will it matter to you? You're boycotting.
Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:10 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Member for 18 years
MattyB wrote:

Why risk it?

Correct
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club
Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:11 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Member for 18 years
MattyB wrote:
The best thing I recently saw from a top virologist about vaccines was the below (wish I had saved a link to it now), but in essence it was that the three shots we have received aren't just three of the same:

Vaccine 1 is a bit like having primary school education. It gives you the building blocks in the fight against Covid.

Vaccine 2 compares to secondary school, a slightly more effective shot building on from the first thus giving some extra protection.

Booster shot was like University and is by far the strongest and best vaccine to be very effective against delta (90%+) and reasonably effective against Omicron (70%+).

Will try find said link.

100% correct
Read it myself
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club
Re: Covid Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:58 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Member for 16 years
MattyB wrote:

Why risk it?

Dr Sarah Gilbert who invented the Astra Zeneca vaccine saying the only people who should have boosters are the immune supressed and elderly. However you will be getting your booster because Sajid Javid (Banker) decided to booster you. This is regardless of prior infection, level of antibodies or T cell memory which if we go off SARS-COV-1 or SARS which is 80% similar to covid, those infected 17 years ago still have T cells to fight it off and don't need to be jabbed every year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ry-for-all

Dr Robert Malone who invented mRNA vaccine tech explaining we should not be injectinf kids.

https://twitter.com/france_soir/status/ ... iz8ug&s=19

Now with Omicron being like a cold we are rolling out the booster to everyone? And the boosted seem to not want to be the only ones boosted for some reason so are cajoling everyone else into getting boosted.

We would be better off having zinc and vitimin D, exersizing, not eating glucose/fructose syrup or sweeteners which stop us from absorbing vitimin D and the only people getting the booster should be the immune supressed and over 65s AFTER they have been checked for antibodies. But antibodies aren't the bodies only defence and a lack of antibodies doesn't mean you haven't had it or aren't protected, we have T cells which are far superior. But it would cost far too much to send everyone for a T cell and antibody check so they just roll out the booster, by order of an ex banker in a corrupt party that wont follow the rules.

If you cannot see the BS you are naive, misinformed or guillable.

For the record, I dont do facebook, I don't get my medical advicr from Julie from facebook who thinks Bill Gates is watching us. I take Zinc and Vit D, I'm healthy, I run 3 times a week, I've had 2 x AZ, I take precautions eg FFP3 mask in public and last week I did an antibodies test and I have antibodies.

So on that basis, do I take the advice of the Dr who invented the vaccine or a politician?
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - SL Jack Walker, Will Pryce, Josh Thewliss, Jack Welsby, Lewis Dodd.
NRL - Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Tommy Talau, Josh Schuster, Sam Walker, Harley Smith-Shields.
Bring Back - Sam Tomkins, Joel Tomkins, Jack Hughes, Michael McIllorum, Ryan Sutton, Harry Rushton, George Williams and Josh Charnley.
PreviousNext