JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 06:4428th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Re: Covid : Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
I hope this person hasn't taken a knee over the last 20months :THINK:
You'll be going full capitol insurrection on them when you go to the LGBTQ game, oh wait, your not going to any games are you.?

Yeah lets hope so, and no I'll not be at the sexual preference game this year.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5842
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 200618 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Apr 24 17:2714th Jan 24 14:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.

aboveusonlypie...
If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.

Re: Covid : Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:23 pm  
Opinions...... Like assholes, we all have them.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Re: Covid : Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:13 pm  
Wigan Peer wrote:
Opinions...... Like assholes, we all have them.

That's quite right and very apt to why I don't the sexual preference game rammed down my throat
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:3715th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Covid : Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:22 pm  
post wrote:
That's quite right and very apt to why I don't the sexual preference game rammed down my throat

Your quite within your right not to go
But you need to decide if your against having things rammed down your throat at a rugby game because you don't agree with them or Because people shouldn't be ramming anything other than the rugby down your throat.

If it's the latter, then I suppose you want Wigan & The stadium owners not to advertise, not to associate with any other sponsors, not to have Armed forces day or Mental Health awareness rounds because you know what? It should only be about the Rugby

If it's the former - Then well I'm afraid were going to have to disagree then. Because each company, each individual has the right to express their views and be behind any Charities, Awareness days or causes of injustice they choose to, as you have the right not to.

Always seems strange to me that people who are so for people's Individual rights, Freedom of speech, right to choose etc. aren't so happy when others use those rights to express different opinions, thoughts etc.
Your championing a player who, quite rightly, has the right not to vaccinate himself and as per the previous post saying he should be made a leader, a role model etc. and saying he shouldn't have to pay any consequence for those beliefs

Yet, people who have/are suffering consequences of something they have no ability to change (They shouldn't have to) you don't want them highlighting those injustices/experiences and/or celebrating those differences so that others who may be scared to, are encouraged to be able to be themselves naturally without being discriminated.

Anyway
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Covid : Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:39 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
Your quite within your right not to go
But you need to decide if your against having things rammed down your throat at a rugby game because you don't agree with them or Because people shouldn't be ramming anything other than the rugby down your throat.

If it's the latter, then I suppose you want Wigan & The stadium owners not to advertise, not to associate with any other sponsors, not to have Armed forces day or Mental Health awareness rounds because you know what? It should only be about the Rugby

If it's the former - Then well I'm afraid were going to have to disagree then. Because each company, each individual has the right to express their views and be behind any Charities, Awareness days or causes of injustice they choose to, as you have the right not to.

Always seems strange to me that people who are so for people's Individual rights, Freedom of speech, right to choose etc. aren't so happy when others use those rights to express different opinions, thoughts etc.
Your championing a player who, quite rightly, has the right not to vaccinate himself and as per the previous post saying he should be made a leader, a role model etc. and saying he shouldn't have to pay any consequence for those beliefs

Yet, people who have/are suffering consequences of something they have no ability to change (They shouldn't have to) you don't want them highlighting those injustices/experiences and/or celebrating those differences so that others who may be scared to, are encouraged to be able to be themselves naturally without being discriminated.

Anyway

The funny thing is, the 1 player who hasn't been jabbed we don't know their identity, I couldn't care less which player it is eithet but I'm glad that they are brave enough to not have it. I don't think we should have a parade and flags for people twho haven't had the jab. No because nobody gives a toss, their medical history/choices should be private just like their sexual preference.

If a player came out as gay I'd say that was Captain material also they'd get my full support, if they started pushing their sexuality in peoples faces and using the club as a platform to push the issue then I wouldn't. If the unvaxxed player starts posting stuff about not having the jab, or going on marches against the jab in Wigan colours, or demonstrating their objection to the jab in try celebrations then I'm against that.
Grimmy 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15436
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 16 200519 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 22:0614th Dec 23 10:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

Re: Covid : Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:26 am  
post wrote:
rammed down my throat
post wrote:
sexuality in peoples faces.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much...
RankPostsTeam
International Star1624
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 201113 years276th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jan 23 16:4728th Dec 22 17:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Covid : Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:01 am  
There is going to be a legal challenge to mandatory vaccinations in the NHS, it will be interesting to see how it goes.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player309
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years249th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:0416th Apr 24 20:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Covid : Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:59 am  
post wrote:
The funny thing is, the 1 player who hasn't been jabbed we don't know their identity, I couldn't care less which player it is eithet but I'm glad that they are brave enough to not have it. I don't think we should have a parade and flags for people twho haven't had the jab. No because nobody gives a toss, their medical history/choices should be private just like their sexual preference.

If a player came out as gay I'd say that was Captain material also they'd get my full support, if they started pushing their sexuality in peoples faces and using the club as a platform to push the issue then I wouldn't. If the unvaxxed player starts posting stuff about not having the jab, or going on marches against the jab in Wigan colours, or demonstrating their objection to the jab in try celebrations then I'm against that.

Let me get this straight. You are attempting to compare the "struggle" of people who made the choice to be unvaccinated and have some people disagree with there choices (it's worth pointing out the people who seem to be the most vocal about this issue and most judgemental and name call the other side are the unvaccinated).

You are attempting to compare that to hundreds of years of history where people had to hide there sexuality for fear of persecution, ridicule, horrific acts such as beatings and chemical castration? All for who they were attracted to and something they had no real choice in?

Not comparable at all. Not even in the same league.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Covid : Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:17 pm  
BoredWiganer wrote:
Let me get this straight. You are attempting to compare the "struggle" of people who made the choice to be unvaccinated and have some people disagree with there choices (it's worth pointing out the people who seem to be the most vocal about this issue and most judgemental and name call the other side are the unvaccinated).

You are attempting to compare that to hundreds of years of history where people had to hide there sexuality for fear of persecution, ridicule, horrific acts such as beatings and chemical castration? All for who they were attracted to and something they had no real choice in?

Not comparable at all. Not even in the same league.

Not comparable historically I agree, but nowadays polar opposite.

Players are not banned from playing for being gay, but are for being unvaccinated.
NHS workers won't lose their jobs for being gay, but will for being unvaccinated.
You can travel to Austria if you are gay, but can't if unvaccinated.
There are laws to protect you from discrimination if you're gay, there aren't if you're unvaccinated.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Covid : Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:18 pm  
Grimmy wrote:
Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Takes one to know one they say.
PreviousNext