RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Spending up to the cap
Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:29 am  

nathan_rugby wrote:
nathan_rugby Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 270
Member for 16 years
Anyone bored enough and can put together an excel with 4 columns.

Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Catalans

Put the squad top to bottom in terms of expected salary.

And then we can really have a good look at how we have spent up to the cap next year apart from the £200k remaining or whatever in comparison to other clubs.

I cannot fathom how we only have that little remaining!!!
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:39 am  
afootingmiracle21-12 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:31 pm
Posts: 120
Member for 1 year
This was explained at the fans forum but is primarily because of mismanagement of the cap giving average young players too good deals. Apparently players like Byrne partington havard shorocks etc have been upgraded to 100k deals when their relative worth is lucky to be half of that...none of those players should be on more than 50k for what they offer. Then you have average like singleton and Powell probably on the same or more!
So we’re wasting huge amounts keeping a lot of deadwood.
Personally I’d clear out the whole pack bar Farrell Bateman KPP and possibly havard (if he’s on a sensible deal). Get rid of the rest, get Dwyer off Leeds and a few other forwards...should have got amor before stains resigned etc.
That’s how we sort this mess and get back on track
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:42 am  

User avatarPemps wrote:
Pemps User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor
100% League Network Sponsor

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:13 pm
Posts: 18661
Location: Usually on here
Member for 16 years

afootingmiracle21-12 wrote:
Apparently players like Byrne partington havard shorocks etc have been upgraded to 100k deals


When was this announced?
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 26182
Location: WIGAN
Member for 17 years
nathan_rugby wrote:
Anyone bored enough and can put together an excel with 4 columns.

Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Catalans

Put the squad top to bottom in terms of expected salary.

And then we can really have a good look at how we have spent up to the cap next year apart from the £200k remaining or whatever in comparison to other clubs.

I cannot fathom how we only have that little remaining!!!


I’d love to see it. I put a list on here a few weeks ago of internationals or borderline internationals at Wigan, Saints and Wire and it’s stark the difference between the clubs. ‘If’ there is only 73k left on the cap for 2022 then at least one of three things is happening-

1-Wigan are telling porkies.

2-Saints and Wire are telling porkies.

3-there has been an horrendous mismanagement of our cap this last year or two.

I’d guess it’s probably a mixture of a couple of the above.
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 am  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 5008
Member for 16 years
nathan_rugby wrote:
Anyone bored enough and can put together an excel with 4 columns.

Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Catalans

Put the squad top to bottom in terms of expected salary.

And then we can really have a good look at how we have spent up to the cap next year apart from the £200k remaining or whatever in comparison to other clubs.

I cannot fathom how we only have that little remaining!!!


Maybe use the fantasy rugby prices for the players, that may give some indication.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - SL Jack Walker, Will Pryce, Josh Thewliss, Jack Welsby, Lewis Dodd.
NRL - Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Tommy Talau, Josh Schuster, Sam Walker, Harley Smith-Shields.
Bring Back - Sam Tomkins, Joel Tomkins, Jack Hughes, Michael McIllorum, Ryan Sutton, Harry Rushton, George Williams and Josh Charnley.
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:54 am  

SFW wrote:
SFW Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:57 am
Posts: 7872
Member for 19 years
I'd guess this has been addressed already, but why on earth did Radlinski publicly give an exact number when talking about the remaining cap?

If Wigan go into the bargain bin for anyone else they would have to spend all 73k no matter who they go for.
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:57 am  

User avatarPemps wrote:
Pemps User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor
100% League Network Sponsor

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:13 pm
Posts: 18661
Location: Usually on here
Member for 16 years

SFW wrote:
I'd guess this has been addressed already, but why on earth did Radlinski publicly give an exact number when talking about the remaining cap?

If Wigan go into the bargain bin for anyone else they would have to spend all 73k no matter who they go for.

We have more than that available. We have money put aside for a halfback, which is assumed to be another £150k.
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:06 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 2640
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Member for 10 years
afootingmiracle21-12 wrote:
This was explained at the fans forum but is primarily because of mismanagement of the cap giving average young players too good deals. Apparently players like Byrne partington havard shorocks etc have been upgraded to 100k deals when their relative worth is lucky to be half of that...none of those players should be on more than 50k for what they offer. Then you have average like singleton and Powell probably on the same or more!
So we’re wasting huge amounts keeping a lot of deadwood.
Personally I’d clear out the whole pack bar Farrell Bateman KPP and possibly havard (if he’s on a sensible deal). Get rid of the rest, get Dwyer off Leeds and a few other forwards...should have got amor before stains resigned etc.
That’s how we sort this mess and get back on track


:lol:

That's not how we get back on track.

You'd get possibly keep Havard, but would have signed Amor. Imagine selling that one in 2 years and asking why such a talent like Havard was let go for Kyle Amor.

Byrne is going to be a very good SL prop. The lads 21 FFS and has played 50 + SL games already. Good SL props don't mature until 27 +. Look at Dudson as a perfect example "not good enough for Wigan" and now he's a good SL prop who'd walk into our side.

People need to have a cold shower & think back to 2017. The same moronic "clear the decks", "they aren't good enough" bile was being spewed. We won the league the following season.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:12 pm  

SFW wrote:
SFW Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:57 am
Posts: 7872
Member for 19 years
Pemps wrote:
We have more than that available. We have money put aside for a halfback, which is assumed to be another £150k.


Makes even less sense to say it then!
Re: Spending up to the cap Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:14 pm  

User avatarSuzy Banyon wrote:
Suzy Banyon User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 2762
Location: Tamm Tanz Akademie
Member for 16 years
NickyKiss wrote:
1-Wigan are telling porkies.

3-there has been an horrendous mismanagement of our cap this last year or two.


Be careful, pal, there'll a few white knights assaulting your inbox in defence of Bill and Ben with language like that.
roger daly wrote:
Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.

Big lads mate wrote:
you arrogant pot prick

Tricky2309 wrote:
Look prick do one

Willzay wrote:
you cocky pie eating c*nt.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, Ashton Bears, cocker, DannyT, Edinburgh Warrior, Egg Chasing, goobervision, Grimmy, jaws1, LewCharnock, Leyland Warrior, NickyKiss, Phuzzy, Pieman, Rogues Gallery, sergeant pepper, That Mon, Trainman, tugglesf78, verbatim and 329 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.2Million +31,601 ↑1478,7879,567
YOUR SELECTED TEAM LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sat 23rd Oct
MINT RND: 1 France10-30England
WINT RND: 1 FRANCE4-40ENGLAND
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!









X
::::::::