WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast

Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:44 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Really good listen, especially the last 10 mins as JB talks about what he wants to achieve now he's back...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0325FuISgaHIuUCLxcrOiY?si=b29CVeKIQvihv0Zv1Yl3Rg
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:07 pm  

Azul wrote:
Azul Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Just listening to it now actually - very interesting so far.

Loved the bit about him ringing George Williams and the fella who he put him on to not being able to understand a word George had said, for 10 mins :lol:
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Great listen, I liked the bit when the interviewer was trying to urge John to say it training was a lot harder and stricter when he got to Australia.

He could have just gone along with it but made a point of saying how professional and “up there” Wigan is compared to the NRL.

Also glad he’s no interest of going back, just wants to captain Wigan and win 5 GFs
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:59 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The last few minutes in particular were of real interest. We certainly don’t need to fear him going back there for at least 4 or 5 years by the sounds of things. He wants to get his GF winning tally up to 5, so 3 more to go and he wants to captain the club. I wonder if that is a nod to him taking over next year? Or possibly the year after once Tommy retires. He wants to be known as the best player in superleague and to go down as a Wigan legend. It was all very refreshing and honest stuff. Great to hear a player sound like winning things in this country matter to them as much as in the NRL. None of this ‘the NRL is my dream’ guff, just an honest admission that Superleague titles were always the dream as a kid.

Friday night is still sore but we’re on the right track and it won’t be long before we’re back in the major trophies.
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:24 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NSW wrote:
Great listen, I liked the bit when the interviewer was trying to urge John to say it training was a lot harder and stricter when he got to Australia.

He could have just gone along with it but made a point of saying how professional and “up there” Wigan is compared to the NRL.

Also glad he’s no interest of going back, just wants to captain Wigan and win 5 GFs

I didnt get that said at the start maybe in the future and at the end said he wants 5 premierships, he has 2 so maybe he will go back
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:35 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pieman wrote:
I didnt get that said at the start maybe in the future and at the end said he wants 5 premierships, he has 2 so maybe he will go back

I thought the indications were very positive from our point of view. It sounded more a case of never say never but an unlikely option for at least the next 4 or 5 years.

I’d be happy for Rads to make a deal with him that if he wins those 3 he wants in the next 3 seasons, he can go back with our blessing :D
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:42 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
I thought the indications were very positive from our point of view. It sounded more a case of never say never but an unlikely option for at least the next 4 or 5 years.

I’d be happy for Rads to make a deal with him that if he wins those 3 he wants in the next 3 seasons, he can go back with our blessing :D

was very positive about the club though
Re: Bloke in a bar - Bateman Podcast Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:05 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Really looking forward to listening to this. Bateman could well be our next captain but there’s several other worthy contenders too. It’s a testament to him as a person his dedication to his club and family