WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Null and Void!

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Null and Void!

Null and Void! Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 pm  

MR FRISK wrote:
MR FRISK Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thats what i would give this season. Even though i stopped watching after the 2011 season. The game stopped scrums, had clubs playing at neutral venues had all games televised and expelled a club from the league!, changed the play off format and had the GF away from crowds!
Wigan where awarded the LLS even though they did not complete the season ! And to have the last play of the season rely on a try from a drop goal gone wrong and a lucky bounce proves what a game Rugby League is. I have never known a game that has changed the goal posts as much as this game. I was one of the many that stopped watching after 2011 because the game became a laughing stock to the sporting world :READING: :READING:
Re: Null and Void! Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:46 pm  

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

LMAO
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Re: Null and Void! Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:50 pm  

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Seriously?
Re: Null and Void! Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

2020-the year of the best Grand Final in history

That’s what I’ll take from this season.
Re: Null and Void! Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:32 am  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

MR FRISK wrote:
Thats what i would give this season. Even though i stopped watching after the 2011 season. The game stopped scrums, had clubs playing at neutral venues had all games televised and expelled a club from the league!, changed the play off format and had the GF away from crowds!
Wigan where awarded the LLS even though they did not complete the season ! And to have the last play of the season rely on a try from a drop goal gone wrong and a lucky bounce proves what a game Rugby League is. I have never known a game that has changed the goal posts as much as this game. I was one of the many that stopped watching after 2011 because the game became a laughing stock to the sporting world :READING: :READING:

If you stopped watching after 2011, how do you know what happened this season?

Serious question even though I don't expect a serious answer (as that would go totally against the grain of your usual buffoonery).
Re: Null and Void! Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:58 am  

mikey800 wrote:
mikey800 Stevo's Armpit

[quote="MR FRISK"]Thats what i would give this season. Even though i stopped watching after the 2011 season. The game stopped scrums, had clubs playing at neutral venues had all games televised and expelled a club from the league!, changed the play off format and had the GF away from crowds!
Wigan where awarded the LLS even though they did not complete the season ! And to have the last play of the season rely on a try from a drop goal gone wrong and a lucky bounce proves what a game Rugby League is. I have never known a game that has changed the goal posts as much as this game. I was one of the many that stopped watching after 2011 because the game became a laughing stock to the sporting world :READING: :READING:[/quote]

Christ alive, if that's your take, then fine. Good luck to you sir.

But I'm sure many/most RL fans will remember a season that although truncated, chaotic and bizarre, was one that gave us one of the greatest games ever, and season where people pulled together and supported one another like never before. It wasn't perfect, things could have been done better, and need to be better going forward. But I am sure tonight was a great sporting moment that'll long be remembered.
Enjoy your bitterness. I'll enjoy RL.
Re: Null and Void! Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:00 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mr Frisk likes to make a statement (attention seeking) post and then leave it there for people to debate.

Best ignored.
Re: Null and Void! Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:21 am  

Jordan Rankin Stevo's Armpit

MR FRISK wrote:

Wtf are yon posting for you pr1ck?
Re: Null and Void! Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:56 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

If you could pick 400 random words and write them all on separate pieces of paper and fire it out of the end of a cannon it would probably make more sense than what I've just read on this post.

I'm hurting tonight, but fook me that's just made me giggle.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Re: Null and Void! Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:12 am  
giddyupoldfella User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MR FRISK wrote:
Still, at least you won a Grand national. They can't take that away from you.
Next