WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Willie isa

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Willie isa

Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:48 pm  

JIMMY MAGNETS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Watch the video of isa on the club website surprising a die hard wigan fan who never misses a game! Isa comes across as a lovely bloke no ego at all and very appreciative of the fans . Imo he has been a great signing since joining us . Doesnt do anything spectacular but is a player you would rather have on your team than not. Doesnt get the credit he deserves in my opinion.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:04 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

JIMMY MAGNETS wrote:
Watch the video of isa on the club website surprising a die hard wigan fan who never misses a game! Isa comes across as a lovely bloke no ego at all and very appreciative of the fans . Imo he has been a great signing since joining us . Doesnt do anything spectacular but is a player you would rather have on your team than not. Doesnt get the credit he deserves in my opinion.

Willie's a Legend
Norman Prior is a bigger one though! :wink:
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:08 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

JIMMY MAGNETS wrote:

PS
He gets the credit from me
Before he cam to Wigan we had a sportsmans dinner with Barrie and Terry, both of them said we were signing so much more than the 80mins youll see on the field. They were telling us he is one of if not the best Club Men you'll ever get.
The 80mins on the field is very good for me, what he brings to the club overall is outstanding.
Dont be surprised if he tries to lay a marker down in the first tackle likenesses did in 16 tonight.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:13 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Jukesays wrote:
PS
Before he cam to Wigan we had a sportsmans dinner with Barrie and Terry, both of them said we were signing so much more than the 80mins youll see on the field. They were telling us he is one of if not the best Club Men you'll ever get.
The 80mins on the field is very good for me, what he brings to the club overall is outstanding.
Dont be surprised if he tries to lay a marker down in the first tackle likenesses did in 16 tonight.

Proper love Barrie and Terry you
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:56 pm  

JIMMY MAGNETS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Norman Prior would.make a good commentator with mills and bilko!
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Jukesays wrote:
PS

I've been one of the guys biggest critics. Whilst I stand by some of the criticism I've levelled at him, his character, determination and professionalism stack up Vs anyone else in the game.

When he hangs up his boots , I really hope the club keep him around. I personally think that he'd be great for the academy lads or as in some kind of development role.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:55 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

He sums up the side/club more than anyone for me. Tough and uncompromising on the field but all class of it. We sit and listen to the bs from Saints fans or whoever else’s fans day in day out, about how we’re thugs, we’re s*um etc and it couldn’t be any further from the truth once the players step off the field. There’s such an emphasis at the club on being more than just an on the field rugby team. The work they’ve got involved in outside of the club like the community blitz, the work with charities, the support for Rob Burrow etc and the way in which all retiring legends from other clubs are treated by the club is a sign of the class that runs through the place and Willie Isa sums that up.

All that sort of stuff gets overlooked by opposition fans with an agenda. The work that Kris Radlinski does in pushing that side of things is outstanding.
Re: Willie isa Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 pm  

Jason65 wrote:
Jason65 Stevo's Armpit

Watched the vid and Willie will give 110% tonight as will the rest of the guys.