WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Grand Final

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors The Grand Final

The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:38 am  

Trainman wrote:
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

So, what do we think?

This has got a classic written all over it. 1 and 2 in the league. The (IMO) sports biggest club rivalry. The side story of SOL and Graham’s last games.

I think we have 2 confident teams. Truth is I can’t call it, could be a relatively comfortable win for either side, could be a 2 point win either way. I’m not confident but I’m not pessimistic either.

For me it will ultimately come down to the basics of the game. The side that controls the ball better and is more disciplined will win. There are match winners on both sides.

I’m going glass half full, 14 - 12 to Wigan with Hardaker MOM, man on a mission after his last GF non appearance.
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:40 am  

Trainman wrote:
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Trainman wrote:
So, what do we think?

This has got a classic written all over it. 1 and 2 in the league. The (IMO) sports biggest club rivalry. The side story of SOL and Graham’s last games.

I think we have 2 confident teams. Truth is I can’t call it, could be a relatively comfortable win for either side, could be a 2 point win either way. I’m not confident but I’m not pessimistic either.

For me it will ultimately come down to the basics of the game. The side that controls the ball better and is more disciplined will win. There are match winners on both sides.

One concern I have is with Flower out I think we are a middle short and will end up with 2 back towers on the bench.

I’m going glass half full, 14 - 12 to Wigan with Hardaker MOM, man on a mission after his last GF non appearance.
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:13 am  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We'll smash 'em
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:13 am  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Im going to go for a saints win unfortunately that way i wont be disappointed :)

Although looking at the ref thread on redvee, some of their fans seem defeated already
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:45 am  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Quietly confident, especially with Powell back.

Hope it doesn’t rain.

Wigan by 12.
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:24 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

[Gareth] wrote:
Im going to go for a saints win unfortunately that way i wont be disappointed :)

Although looking at the ref thread on redvee, some of their fans seem defeated already

I am not surprised as the "great display" by Saints was more a case of Catalan committing self harm before and during the game.

Mcllorum and Joel Tomkins being stupid in the previous game, followed by a display by the rest of the team of appalling indiscipline which made Saints look better than what they were!

At least, Hull did make a game of Wigan's Semi Final.
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:42 am  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Saints to win for me, weve been great recently just think they are a more rounded team
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:54 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Them by 8
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:09 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I never go in to a final particulars confident, I think it’s just a defence mechanism of trying to ensure I don’t get too disappointed if we lose. In this case I think we’re much improved and they’re not quite at that level of 2018 and 2019 but I still have them in front of us and as long as Walmsley is fit, I think they’ll win the game.

I’m treating this as a bit of a bonus final. When you’ve lost Sam Tomkins, John Bateman, George Williams, Ryan Sutton etc over the period of the last couple of off seasons and on top of that you’re coach and when you’ve had that uncertainty around the Edwards/Lam fiasco (which feels like it’s finally settled down), you’re in a bit of a transitional stage. We’ve brought loads of kids through, some who’ll be playing in their first final and all things considered I think a title win would probably come a year or two earlier than I’d have envisaged this time last year.
Re: The Grand Final Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:11 am  

User avatarAshton Bears wrote:
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wigan by 9
Next