WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rugby League On BBC News

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Rugby League On BBC News

Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:49 am  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Interestingly they are only reporting on it though because there have been 3 games called off this week through covid and it fits their scaremongering narrative. Pity they dont report on it on a Monday morning and i bet they don't mention the Wigan v Saints match tomorrow. They are more interested in black women's lepers lacrosse to show diversity.
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:16 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Interestingly they are only reporting on it though because there have been 3 games called off this week through covid and it fits their scaremongering narrative. Pity they dont report on it on a Monday morning and i bet they don't mention the Wigan v Saints match tomorrow. They are more interested in black women's lepers lacrosse to show diversity.

Now more interested in news about Covid and anything they can show or dig up connected with Black Lives Matter and Slavery.

Hate to think, what it would be like if we still only had the BBC like it was years ago.

And for the privilege, we have to pay a license fee of £157.50 for them to pay out telephone number contracts to many of their presenters, newsreaders etc.

And 1TV is no different where the two codes of Rugby are concerned.
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:29 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

ITV show RU games so will of course promote RU.
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 am  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Egg Chasing wrote:
ITV show RU games so will of course promote RU.

Looks like the Facebook Tin Foil Hatters are out again

Word of warning Mods - If certain posters start again (And go further than what they have already on this thread) I can see this going the same way as last time
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:45 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I don't do facebook and further than what? Are you one of those people that when you see the word black it's automatically racist even when it isn't in any context or do we dare to oppose all this nonsense about covid and the overhyping of the true figures etc. Might be a crime in your eyes but the rational non far left wing don't see it as a problem just like all the people who voted brexit are somehow thick and only the intelligent ones are the ones that voted remain. It's amazing that they all seem frequent the BBC HYS comments section. All the greater authority figures roam around there telling everybody else they are wrong bashing their drums but nobody listens because they lost and nobody cares.

The point was that rugby league got national media coverage this morning but again it was for the wrong reasons. The BBC and SKY are pushing other agendas rather than focusing on sport to appease a minority...... just like the remain voters.
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:48 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Pie_Eyter wrote:
I don't do facebook and further than what? Are you one of those people that when you see the word black it's automatically racist even when it isn't in any context or do we dare to oppose all this nonsense about covid and the overhyping of the true figures etc. Might be a crime in your eyes but the rational non far left wing don't see it as a problem just like all the people who voted brexit are somehow thick and only the intelligent ones are the ones that voted remain. It's amazing that they all seem frequent the BBC HYS comments section. All the greater authority figures roam around there telling everybody else they are wrong bashing their drums but nobody listens because they lost and nobody cares.

The point was that rugby league got national media coverage this morning but again it was for the wrong reasons. The BBC and SKY are pushing other agendas rather than focusing on sport to appease a minority...... just like the remain voters.

Did you complain when we got national media coverage after the cup final?
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:58 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pie_Eyter wrote:

What are you going on about? :lol:
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:59 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Shock horror - regional based sport doesn't get daily national coverage.

ItS a CoNsPiRacY AgAiNsT uS. :CRAZY:

FWIW I think we get a decent amount of coverage in relation to the size of our sport. Do I wish it was more? Of course I do, but the RFL and their half concocted plans are hardly giving them a reason to.

Imagine being a fan of say Hockey, Netball or even Track and Field. They get almost nothing. I wonder if they think it's down to a "woke leftish agenda" or if they just accept it's because, outside of their sporting bubble, no one really cares.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:03 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Grimmy wrote:
What are you going on about? :lol:

Glad you said that
Oh dear
"do we dare to oppose all this nonsense about covid and the overhyping of the true figures etc. Might be a crime in your eyes but the rational non far left wing don't see it as a problem"

:roll:
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Rugby League On BBC News Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:24 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Jukesays wrote:
Glad you said that
Oh dear
"do we dare to oppose all this nonsense about covid and the overhyping of the true figures etc. Might be a crime in your eyes but the rational non far left wing don't see it as a problem"

:roll:

I've seen some weird tangents on here but getting black people, COVID figures and Brexit into a topic about rugby league media coverage within the first page has to be some sort of record. I'll carry on the trend - have you seen the temporary traffic lights at the junction of Burdall Lane by McVities?
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Next