Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Done deal I hear
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:47 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

If anyone can get the usual big name under achievers that Hull sign firing then it would appear to be him.
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:02 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

A great move for him.

For all the posturing he was never going to get a job at a regular top 4 club.

He now has an opportunity to add to his CV and if he makes a go of this his next move will be to a Wigan, Saints, Leeds, or Wire.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:15 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
A great move for him.

He now has an opportunity to add to his CV and if he makes a go of this his next move will be to a Wigan, Saints, Leeds, or Wire.

You reckon? I'd have had him at Wigan, just wasn't convinced it was a given that he would come. It will be interesting to see if he can replicate the success outside his hometown though.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:19 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Grimmy wrote:
You reckon? I'd have had him at Wigan, just wasn't convinced it was a given that he would come. It will be interesting to see if he can replicate the success outside his hometown though.

Too much of a risk to go from a small club to a big club and it be work out well.

Struggling to think when it has to be honest.

I’m sure there are times it has, but not that I can think of and I can think of plenty of times it hasn’t.

Hull is the perfect next step for him in my opinion.

I’m still comfortable with Lam, but even if he were to go I wouldn’t have wanted Watson.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:25 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

jonh wrote:
A great move for him.

Why wasn't he?

Please don't waste anyone's time and trot out the unproven, big fish, small pond etc lines. He's done an excellent job at Salford (well above what he should have achieved) and that's far and above what Madge, Holbrook, Lam and Robinson had done before coming to SL. Heck if you look at Trent Robinson he finished 6th and 4th with Catalan and then ended up at one of the world's most prestigious clubs.

Why do young British coaches either have to jump through hoops to get a top, top job or are constantly put down?
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:28 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

jonh wrote:

Robinson Catalan's > Roosters
Madge Wigan > Souths

As big as we are, South's was a step up for Madge simply because of the players they had and the strength of the NRL.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

sergeant pepper wrote:
Why wasn't he?

Heck if you look at Trent Robinson he finished 6th and 4th with Catalan and then ended up at one of the world's most prestigious clubs.

Well the Aussies don't even consider SL experience as valid. Hence Holbrook is a 'rookie coach'.
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:38 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
Too much of a risk to go from a small club to a big club and it be work out well.

I’m sure there are times it has, but not that I can think of and I can think of plenty of times it hasn’t.

Hull is the perfect next step for him in my opinion.

I’m still comfortable with Lam, but even if he were to go I wouldn’t have wanted Watson.

Tony Smith from Huddersfield to Leeds, Millward from Leigh to Saints, Powell from Fev to Cas, McDermott from London to Leeds?
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Watson to Hull Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:39 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

sergeant pepper wrote:
Robinson Catalan's > Roosters
Madge Wigan > Souths

As big as we are, South's was a step up for Madge simply because of the players they had and the strength of the NRL.

I'd argue that Souths are a bigger club than we are.
Next