Some Good News Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:54 pm  
Sweaty Betty's User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Re: Some Good News Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:02 pm  

Azul wrote:
Azul Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Gi’sa clue, I’ve had my quota of reading on that website this week. Blooming paywall
Re: Some Good News Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:55 pm  

Trainman wrote:
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It says they are both 2 weeks away & also Singleton could be available in 2 weeks too.
Re: Some Good News Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:23 pm  

User avatarFIOS wrote:
FIOS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Good news re clubb as his injury sounded very serious. Hope they aren’t rushing burgess, we are doing ok and they need to give him the time he needs to fully recover. I don’t see how he can have had all of lockdown to recover and still be like he was, then have a few weeks off mid season and be ok....
Please support Joining Jack and run the Wigan 10k on 6th September 2015. Details at //www.wigan10k.co.uk
Re: Some Good News Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 pm  
Brick with eyes User avatar

FIOS wrote:
Hope they aren’t rushing burgess, we are doing ok and they need to give him the time he needs to fully recover. I don’t see how he can have had all of lockdown to recover and still be like he was, then have a few weeks off mid season and be ok....

My thoughts entirely
Re: Some Good News Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:08 pm  

User avatarFIOS wrote:
FIOS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Brick with eyes wrote:
My thoughts entirely

I suppose he didn’t have access to physios/professionals to help with his recovery during lockdown (which hindered Gildarts recovery I believe) only time will tell.
Please support Joining Jack and run the Wigan 10k on 6th September 2015. Details at //www.wigan10k.co.uk
Re: Some Good News Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:04 am  

KingRoss11 wrote:
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Let’s hope burgess and Clubb are able to play more than 10 minutes this time or else they’ll be useless although I don’t actually think they should be brought back in until they can prove they can play a prolonged stint
Re: Some Good News Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 am  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower

Burgess can't be ready in 2 weeks. Thats just ridiculous. He needs the rest of the season off (only a month and half left) and figure out what is wrong with him. If he can be cured then make sure he plays in every pre season game to get up to some sort of match fitness, if not, he needs to retire. Clubb :- pointless having him anywhere near the squad. One 10 minute spell is not what is needed and he physically can't do any more than that so what is the point. Have him around the training ground no more. He has been well overtaken in the pecking order. If he was any further down the pecking order at Wigan he would be just making the bench at St Pats.
Re: Some Good News Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I suppose the difference with the spell Burgess has had out now compared to lockdown is that ability to work with the physios on rehabbing the hip. If he’s back in two weeks, he’ll have done about 5 weeks on the sidelines in total. If there’s nothing can be done via an operation and it’s a case of him strengthening the areas as Lam said when he ruled him out, we should see a real difference. If there’s no difference at all and he’s still totally ineffective and gingerly walking about the place, we’ve got a huge problem on our hands. It looks pretty much make or break this next spell for him and us.
Re: Some Good News Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:57 am  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I don't think it would be a loss if those two never played for Wigan again.
Next