WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - WC Tickets

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors WC Tickets

WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:33 pm  

User avatarCyberPieMan wrote:
CyberPieMan User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I know I'm a bit of a tight-wad, but has anyone else balked at some of the prices for WC tickets?
Everything is Awesome
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:38 pm  

User avatarstpatricks wrote:
stpatricks User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

CyberPieMan wrote:
I know I'm a bit of a tight-wad, but has anyone else balked at some of the prices for WC tickets?

To be honest I've not even opened the early bird offer. We can't be sure what's happening next week. If we are still in the same situation early next year fans will be wary of season tickets never mind world Cup games.
Wigan home of league
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:23 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

not going to any
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:02 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I’ll be going to loads of them and I think the prices are reasonable. They’re doing multi game deals that probably don’t reflect in the individual game prices. An example is that you can go to the three England group games for £40. That is brilliant value and I’d encourage all rugby league fans to throw their weight being the comp and back it because the game is desperate for income. All being well the World Cup could fall at a fantastic time to allow the fans to show their support. It’s not a guarantee but if there is a vaccine and life is back to normal I could see there being a real buzz around the tournament.
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:26 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

the game needs the income and not one england game is in a rugby stadium, fill up football clubs coffers for them...
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 pm  

hengirl wrote:
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I’ll hang fire I think as I can see this being moved to the following year,got to much money tied up in tickets for concerts to start buying more
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:48 pm  

NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pieman wrote:
the game needs the income and not one england game is in a rugby stadium, fill up football clubs coffers for them...

What ‘Rugby Stadiums’ do you suggest we play at? The biggest out and out rugby ground is probably Headingley (who would still get paid for hosting) and it holds about 20,000. At worst I’d imagine we’ll get 40,000 on at St James Park for the opener and hopefully it’ll be a 50,000+ full house. Yes we then pay the Stadium owners to play there but much like magic, local councils were bidding to host games on the basis that they’ll have thousands of Rugby League fans filling the hotels and bars of the city, so I’m sure it’ll be worth our while.
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:12 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
What ‘Rugby Stadiums’ do you suggest we play at? The biggest out and out rugby ground is probably Headingley (who would still get paid for hosting) and it holds about 20,000. At worst I’d imagine we’ll get 40,000 on at St James Park for the opener and hopefully it’ll be a 50,000+ full house. Yes we then pay the Stadium owners to play there but much like magic, local councils were bidding to host games on the basis that they’ll have thousands of Rugby League fans filling the hotels and bars of the city, so I’m sure it’ll be worth our while.

40,000 for england v samoa? Aye ok.
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 pm  

NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Egg Chasing wrote:
40,000 for england v samoa? Aye ok.

Won’t be far off if not but I’m confident it’ll break that figure. The comp will be the best publicised event in Rugby League history, with all games on terrestrial TV and that crowd will be made up of many people who aren’t traditional league fans (listening to the negativity from some league fans it will have to be) but will go to an event to watch a national sports team if it’s marketed right (and from the signs so far it will be).
Re: WC Tickets Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:51 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
Won’t be far off if not but I’m confident it’ll break that figure. The comp will be the best publicised event in Rugby League history, with all games on terrestrial TV and that crowd will be made up of many people who aren’t traditional league fans (listening to the negativity from some league fans it will have to be) but will go to an event to watch a national sports team if it’s marketed right (and from the signs so far it will be).

I hope you're right but I can't see it sadly
Next