WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Not A Bad Weekend

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Not A Bad Weekend

Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 am  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Wigan Warriors won
St Helens lost (because of the ref - Redvee)
Latics lost and are joint bottom of their league
I won a couple of hundred quid on the horses

I have had worse sporting days. Redvee is an absolute delight at the moment. Get yourself some breakfast and have a scan through it. :lol: :lol:
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:53 am  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Good old Gelling, murdered them out wide.

That off load was just magical.
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 am  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I could have told them 4 seasons ago that Fages was crap
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 am  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Apparently theres an unconscious bias against St Helens :lol:

I'm almost certain they'll get a win over us a week on Wednesday as they have a week off and we'll rest players. But they're clearly not the team they were last year, particularly when Walmsley is off the field. I'd still be surprised if we were able to meet them in a playoff game but we dont have to deal with them in the cup now either way.
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 am  

Levrier wrote:
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Redvee is an absolute joy when they have lost. They make our supporters sound fair and balanced by comparison. How I miss the giraffe giving us all the benefit of his/her knowledge. No matter how many times one of the level heads explains that it is not a knock on if it hits the head accidentally and goes forward the drooling no marks on the forum still seem to want to retrospectively change the rules/laws to fit themselves. I cannot see a mention of two scores not given to Warrington. The first was the forward pass try that did not really look forward and the second was the spilled ball which was picked up with an open run in to the line which was pulled back for a late challenge with no advantage to Warrington. Like everything it is all swings and roundabouts unless it is redvee when it is just swings.
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:11 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

When you think you’re so good it makes defeats hard to take. I listen to some Saints fans talk as though they’ve got the best player in the league on every position but the facts are they have 2 or 3 very good players, some good ones and then a decent amount of average ones. They’ve dominated the weekly rounds for 2 and a half seasons and in that time they e won one of the five major trophies on offer. That’s been a failure in the grand scheme of things when you consider how they’ve played at times.
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:43 pm  

User avatarstpatricks wrote:
stpatricks User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
When you think you’re so good it makes defeats hard to take. I listen to some Saints fans talk as though they’ve got the best player in the league on every position but the facts are they have 2 or 3 very good players, some good ones and then a decent amount of average ones. They’ve dominated the weekly rounds for 2 and a half seasons and in that time they e won one of the five major trophies on offer. That’s been a failure in the grand scheme of things when you consider how they’ve played at times.

I work with some saints fans and if you listened to them Saints have had a Celtic type dominance of SL.
Wigan home of league
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:48 pm  
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

They've dealt with losing Thompson pretty well so far, partially due to Walmsley being so good, but medium term I think Saints are going to look much more fallible as they get used to life without him. They're still the best team in the comp, but there are a good handful of players who are made to look better than they are by Saints' pack always setting them a great platform. When the battle up front is a bit more even, then they look beatable.
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:36 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Apparently Walmsley is the best prop in the world.

The comp maybe, the world most definitely not.
Re: Not A Bad Weekend Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:43 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Walmsley has been sensational for them since the restart but he can’t do it on his own. I’ve been surprised how little teams have targeted him because he’s so important to them that it feels like if you get to him you could make the rest of their game fall down. I’m not sure we’ll get the chance to really try that tactic in the upcoming game as I’m guessing our side will be a bit second string and it may just be a night for keeping the score down but when we get them further down the track I’d be asking our forwards to throw everything at him.
Next