warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Fractured hand 2-4 weeks apparently,just hope they don't rush him back
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:57 am  

Father Ted wrote:
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Agree, let him recover fully. Flower will be available for the Wakey game and Byrne could be selected if he's not the Covid player. Must admit Lam got the tactics right v Catalans who are a notoriously big team. Hopefully he can repeat winning team selection and tactics v Hull FC.
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:33 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Looking a bit thin on props. I think I’d throw Wells in at the weekend and tell him to earn a new deal or put himself in the shop window. It looks unlikely Byrne will be available unless it was a rest at the weekend and Lockers may not be depending on how the situation has gone at home with whoever had symptoms, so we could be really short.
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:39 am  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
Looking a bit thin on props. I think I’d throw Wells in at the weekend and tell him to earn a new deal or put himself in the shop window. It looks unlikely Byrne will be available unless it was a rest at the weekend and Lockers may not be depending on how the situation has gone at home with whoever had symptoms, so we could be really short.

I believe that Byrne was the guy posted as COVID positive which means for this weekend we will have Havard, Partington and Burgess (ouch) as the only props available.
I am with you we must draft in Wells and maybe Kilner but not sure about Kilner re fitness as he has hardly been mentioned by Lam during the course of the season.

Could e a long day against Hull however, I think that they will also have several first temers missing.
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:40 am  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Well fingers crossed Mitch Clark can play half an hour or so without the obligatory knock on and wild swinging arm.

Hull have a sizable pack so this has to be a concern.
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 am  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MadDogg wrote:
Well fingers crossed Mitch Clark can play half an hour or so without the obligatory knock on and wild swinging arm.

Hull have a sizable pack so this has to be a concern.

Forgot about Clark but that isn't hard to do.
He looks like another prop whose playing weight is significantly higher than his natural weight a la Clubb, Flower etc which may be the reason why he cannot do more than 15 minute stints.
Maybe this the game where he finally delivers - Im not holding my breath though.

Hull as you say are a big pack and with some even bigger backs so the lads are in for a real physical challenge at the weekend.
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mitch Clark looks low on confidence when I watch him. I actually think he’s got himself in really good shape, certainly much better than at the back end of last season at Leigh but he’s been error riddled so far. If he plays Saturday it will hopefully click in to place. The one thing I would say is I don’t think it’s been for the want of trying why he hasn’t found any form yet. He looks to be trying too hard of anything to me and as though he needs to relax a bit.
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:29 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
Cheeky half-back

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
I believe that Byrne was the guy posted as COVID positive which means for this weekend we will have Havard, Partington and Burgess (ouch) as the only props available.
I am with you we must draft in Wells and maybe Kilner but not sure about Kilner re fitness as he has hardly been mentioned by Lam during the course of the season.

Could e a long day against Hull however, I think that they will also have several first temers missing.

Kelly,naulago with hamstring and calf muscle injuries and shaul who failed his HIA sneyd also still missing as well
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
Cheeky half-back

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
Forgot about Clark but that isn't hard to do.
He looks like another prop whose playing weight is significantly higher than his natural weight a la Clubb, Flower etc which may be the reason why he cannot do more than 15 minute stints.
Maybe this the game where he finally delivers - Im not holding my breath though.

Hull as you say are a big pack and with some even bigger backs so the lads are in for a real physical challenge at the weekend.

if it's Clark and Burgess I'd play them off the bench say 10 minutes before half time give 10 minutes rest at half time and 10-15 at the start of the second half depending on how hot it is
Re: Joe Bullock Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lockers can do a stint at prop as well, as can Isa - we will be fine.
Next