WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet?

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet?

Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:28 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Currently on 62 mins. This is the most disjointed and unbalanced side I have seen for a long time. Hull KR must have seen our team sheet and thought 'these men have sent their reserves the cheeky sods' that's what happens when you underestimate and disrespect an opponent Adrian!
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:30 pm  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Have they been on the p!ss all week?
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:33 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reserves? We've rested two players.
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:40 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

2? I will have a pint of that please sir

Burrough, Greenwood, Clark, Partington, Shorrocks and Gildart thrown in after a long absence.

Clark and George Burgess boil my pi$$. Fat, unfit disgraces. I know George hasn't played but the rule still applies. Disgrace they call themselves professionals.

It's one of those games that you wish you hadn't seen but Lam has taken too many chances here. With this side (especially the backs) we should be romping this league. We are up there in spite of Lam not because of him. My patience has finally ran out tonight. New coach needed.
Last edited by Pie_Eyter on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:42 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pie_Eyter wrote:
2? I will have a pint of that please sir

Burrough, Greenwood, Clark, Partington, Shorrocks and Gildart thrown in after a long absence.

Havard and Bullock are rested. Who else? How do you want players to return when Super League is the only level of rugby going? Greenwood and Clark aren't long absences either they weren't picked for one game.
Last edited by Grimmy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:45 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Grimmy wrote:
Havard and Bullock are rested. Who else?

Rested, Suspended, injured. Doesn't matter. The players he has picked haven't been near the first team bar 1 game
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:47 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Gold RLFANS Member

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Rested, Suspended, injured. Doesn't matter. The players he has picked haven't been near the first team bar 1 game

So what do you want him to do, only play a bare 13? :lol:
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:51 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Grimmy wrote:
So what do you want him to do, only play a bare 13? :lol:

If you know your side is going to be weakened you don't rest your best two props when they clearly don't need resting. That would be a start.
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:52 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Still waiting on how that was our reserve side
Re: Can I Turn The Telly Off Yet? Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:58 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Gold RLFANS Member

Pie_Eyter wrote:
If you know your side is going to be weakened you don't rest your best two props when they clearly don't need resting. That would be a start.

We were playing against bottom of the league with a five day turnaround. There's clearly going to be a backlog at some point and our young pack is bound to be feeling the strain of taking on bigger packs every week. Can totally understand why he rotated two players for this one. One of which may well have missed out anyway with Partington returning.
Frank Zappa wrote:

The_Enforcer wrote:
Next