WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Restrictions ?

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Restrictions ?

Restrictions ? Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

In peace Guys, is Wigan as an area of GMC, included in the list of further lock down issues ? If so would this prevent travelling to
Leeds next week ?
I sincerely hope not, I want rugby league to continue this short season !!!
Re: Restrictions ? Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:24 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It is but it doesn't sound like it’ll affect our participation going forward. The local council are apparently fuming we’ve been put under these measures when the infection rate in the borough is the lowest in the North West and below the national average. I get that the government need to draw a line somewhere but it feels harsh in this instance.
Re: Restrictions ? Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:11 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

NickyKiss wrote:
It is but it doesn't sound like it’ll affect our participation going forward. The local council are apparently fuming we’ve been put under these measures when the infection rate in the borough is the lowest in the North West and below the national average. I get that the government need to draw a line somewhere but it feels harsh in this instance.

From what I understand the only real "spike" in Greater Manchester has been in a certain area of Oldham.

If true, why has Wigan been included when the rate of the virus in Wigan is only four people in 100,000 compared with a national average of 14 people per 100,000.

Some reports are suggesting that it more to do with a religious festival by a certain section of the population living in the Greater Manchester area which has just started rather than the pandemic.
Re: Restrictions ? Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:43 am  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The players are travelling to work so doesn't affect them. Same way Leicester City were still able to play when Leicester was locked down.
Re: Restrictions ? Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 pm  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Some reports are suggesting that it more to do with a religious festival by a certain section of the population living in the Greater Manchester area which has just started rather than the pandemic.

In a nutshell
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: Restrictions ? Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:19 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Great then guys, onwards & upwards to this great game !
Re: Restrictions ? Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:31 pm  

hengirl wrote:
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

While the new lockdown has happened its the wider implications that come along with it,spectators not being allowed in to venues being the one that caught my eye,I always thought it was a slim and only a slim chance that we would get back into grounds by seasons end but now with them discarding any chance of trial runs for at least a fortnight I’d say that now bring any chance of getting in has vanished.