WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wane shortlisted for interview for NZ Warriors

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Wane shortlisted for interview for NZ Warriors

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The fans are used to watching dull rugby as well

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Rogues Gallery wrote:
Exactly, there'll be no turning up for training late or unprepared. They'll be in for a BIG cultural shock.

It’s a match made in heaven for me. They need somebody to make the place more professional and to stop the excuse culture they seem to have. The Kiwi lads are so naturally gifted but the mindset and culture needs work. He would be the perfect man and he deserves a go. I’d be made up to see him get an NRL job. I want him back here but can’t see that as a realistic option in the short term.

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
It’s a match made in heaven for me. They need somebody to make the place more professional and to stop the excuse culture they seem to have. The Kiwi lads are so naturally gifted but the mindset and culture needs work. He would be the perfect man and he deserves a go. I’d be made up to see him get an NRL job. I want him back here but can’t see that as a realistic option in the short term.

As you say Waney and NZ Warriors is a perfect fit if the owners have got the bollacks to finally sort out their culture which is weak and t times pretty pathetic

He will sort the egos in double quick time and insert some much needed discipline

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Egg Chasing wrote:
The fans are used to watching dull rugby as well

would you have preferred us to have played fancy rugby but won nowt

warrior1872 wrote:
Cheeky half-back

These players at the Warriors need a good kick up the backside,although what people forget is that they are playing away from home every weekend and are also away from their families

warrior1872 wrote:
Cheeky half-back

Cherry_&_White wrote:
Agree, but if he's serious about being an NRL coach this might be the only chance he gets.

if the NZ Warriors is career suicide God only knows what leaving the Super league champions st.helens and going to the gold Coast titans is

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

warrior1872 wrote:
if the NZ Warriors is career suicide God only knows what leaving the Super league champions st.helens and going to the gold Coast titans is

Indeed. And not just that. Having to wear that awful shirt! :lol:

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Always been oddballs, the NZ players. They'd come over with phenomenal looking tour parties but then give indifferent performances. That wasn't the story every time, but I saw Wigan beat their first 13 at least twice. Down Under meanwhile, they'd always be much more formidable.

It's surely a mindset issue, and while Waney isn't looking at coaching their international team, he'd still have plenty of their top men to go at with the Warriors. I think it's ideal for a guy like him, but whether they'd respond to an old-fashioned type Brit is another matter.

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

warrior1872 wrote:

The rewarding time Holbrook is currently having with GCT makes me wonder what standard the rest of SL actually was when his St Helens team romped to the title.

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Cruncher wrote:
The rewarding time Holbrook is currently having with GCT makes me wonder what standard the rest of SL actually was when his St Helens team romped to the title.

Holbrook is doing very well with the Titans. Whilst the NRL is clearly a much higher standard than SL across the board, its not this league of supermen that some like to promote. There are some very average teams and the standard recently has been so inconsistent. There are some sensational games (e.g. Melbourne v Sydney) but the ones I saw at the weekend (Canterbury v Brisbane and Canberra v Melbourne) were really poor.
PreviousNext