WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wane shortlisted for interview for NZ Warriors

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Wane shortlisted for interview for NZ Warriors

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

That club is a one way ticket to career suicide imo.

Wane might sort out the culture issues, but the cards are stacked against them with all the travel. You only need to look at them since the restart to see what a difference no traveling has made to them.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

sergeant pepper wrote:

Wane might sort out the culture issues, but the cards are stacked against them with all the travel. You only need to look at them since the restart to see what a difference no traveling has made to them.

Agree, but if he's serious about being an NRL coach this might be the only chance he gets.

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

So does this mean he’ll resign also as England head coach (provided he gets it)? IMO the England role should be FT and not PT.
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Cherry_&_White wrote:
Agree, but if he's serious about being an NRL coach this might be the only chance he gets.

If that's the case then I honestly think that I'd rather not be an NRL head coach.

It's kinda like Tomkins who, imo, did alright in the NRL. He'll always be regarded by some however as an NRL flop & 90% of that is down to him going to NZ and not a team in Oz.

If Wane does the right thing at NZ cards are just too stacked to make it look like a success.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

sergeant pepper wrote:

They've lost by 50 to Melbourne, been nilled and threw away a 12 point lead today against the Titans. They're no different to normal in all honesty.

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

He’ll not get an NRL job at a club in anything other than dire straights sadly because they’ll just not value the work he’s done in his career to date. I’ve posted myself on social media stories I’ve seen about him being on this shortlist and said to the Kiwi/Aussie fans on there that they’d be getting an amazing coach and how he’s comfortably the best on the list but all I hear is them saying guys like Nathan Brown should get it. I don’t think the NRL clubs or the fans realise what a good coach is sat there desperate for a job down under.

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
He’ll not get an NRL job at a club in anything other than dire straights sadly because they’ll just not value the work he’s done in his career to date. I’ve posted myself on social media stories I’ve seen about him being on this shortlist and said to the Kiwi/Aussie fans on there that they’d be getting an amazing coach and how he’s comfortably the best on the list but all I hear is them saying guys like Nathan Brown should get it. I don’t think the NRL clubs or the fans realise what a good coach is sat there desperate for a job down under.

Waney is tailor made for NZ Warriors
He’ll sort out the shoite in the club and get the players believing in themselves.
Perfect coach for a club and players who need a proper steer

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
He’ll sort out the shoite in the club and get the players believing in themselves.

I just hope the powers that be at the Warriors are aware of that because from what I read from supporters, they don’t know him from Adam. They’ll miss a great opportunity if they don’t get him IMO.
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Itchy Arsenal wrote:

Exactly, there'll be no turning up for training late or unprepared. They'll be in for a BIG cultural shock.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Next