WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lachlan Lam

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Lachlan Lam

Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:19 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17510
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
hengirl wrote:
Dear me,open ones eyes then,since Lam Snr arrived there’s been more than enough posts saying Lam jnr would come/sign/loan deal,the list goes on and based on what I’m not sure,other than his name it seems to me


I don’t dispute he has been mentioned on here. Never did. He was linked to Wigan and featured extensively in the rumours thread.

Lam Sr was asked about the possibility of him joining Wigan quite a few times by the press particularly at the start of his tenure as coach.

You didn’t say he had been mentioned on here you said you don’t know why he is held in such high regard. My response was that he isn’t really held in such high regard on here other than positive comments which were fully justified when he played for PNG but again nobody was going OTT claiming him to be anything than a good young prospect. I would suggest it is you that opens ones eyes starting with reading your original comment.

In regard his performance today I thought he went well, especially given the fact he won’t have been expecting big minutes.

He took a little time to get up to speed but once he did he was instrumental at getting the pack rolling forward. It was a very Sam Powellesq performance with lots of graft particularly in defence, did the basics very well and showed the odd bit of flair out of 9.

Is he the answer to our halves problem in Hastings goes.

No.

Would I like to see him at Wigan? Maybe. Not alongside Harry Smith though.

Does he look like he will be a decent player capable of playing week in week out in the NRL or SL? Absolutely.

Please note again this is not holding him in “such high regard” just stating my opinion he is a decent prospect.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:41 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Thought he looked really good - passing was crisp and a lot of energy around the ruck. Doubt theres any chance he comes to Wigan now he's getting a spot in the first team.
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24675
Location: WIGAN
MadDogg wrote:
Thought he looked really good - passing was crisp and a lot of energy around the ruck. Doubt theres any chance he comes to Wigan now he's getting a spot in the first team.


In fairness he’s only got a game on the back of injuries to 3 or 4 players, so I wouldn’t rule out an exit for him. I only saw a few minutes earlier but he looked very sharp. A classy break nearly lead to a try and if he can play halfback or hooker that could be invaluable should we try and get him.

Whilst Adrian Lam is here the rumours will persist regardless of there being any substance to them.
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:20 pm  

User avatarDaveO wrote:
DaveO User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14366
Location: Chester

NickyKiss wrote:
In fairness he’s only got a game on the back of injuries to 3 or 4 players, so I wouldn’t rule out an exit for him. I only saw a few minutes earlier but he looked very sharp. A classy break nearly lead to a try and if he can play halfback or hooker that could be invaluable should we try and get him.

Whilst Adrian Lam is here the rumours will persist regardless of there being any substance to them.


I am sure they will but maybe I imagined it but when the rumour of him signing has occurs it's been seen as a good thing and I think Hengirls point was "based on what?".
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20
Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:22 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1822
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Slightly OT, but it's ridiculous the amount of depth that's in the NRL at the min. The Roosters 4/5th choice winger bagged 5 tries today's. A guy like Harry Grant is 22 & only just breaking through, but is also absolutely killing it. Sutton (a regular top SL player) isn't a guaranteed starter.

Logic would say that there have to be a number of players on the periphery of NRL squads that we could target & who would absolutely rip it up over here.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:28 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1160
sergeant pepper wrote:
Slightly OT, but it's ridiculous the amount of depth that's in the NRL at the min. The Roosters 4/5th choice winger bagged 5 tries today's. A guy like Harry Grant is 22 & only just breaking through, but is also absolutely killing it. Sutton (a regular top SL player) isn't a guaranteed starter.

Logic would say that there have to be a number of players on the periphery of NRL squads that we could target & who would absolutely rip it up over here.


Was Sutton a top SL player?
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:37 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17510
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
CobraCraig wrote:
Was Sutton a top SL player?


I think in his last year with us he was just really starting to show he was.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:44 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1822
Location: In the sky with diamonds
CobraCraig wrote:
Was Sutton a top SL player?


Imo yes. Held down a weekly spot in what was a successful side. Either way you hopefully get what I mean - regular player for a top team then turns into a squad player.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:40 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
CobraCraig wrote:
Was Sutton a top SL player?


I think he was coasting a little in all honesty but then he was able to do that and still be good in SL.
Re: Lachlan Lam Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:14 pm  

Father Ted wrote:
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7828
Without his dad being coach Lachlan wouldn't even be looked at never mind considered.
If he did sign then what would happen if/when his dad departs?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, Ashton Bears, Cbr1000rr, Choc Ice, ChrisA, CM Punk, Early Bath, Egg Chasing, FIOS, glee, Grimmy, jonh, Lazy J, MadDogg, S_Riley, sergeant pepper, x43sflyer and 184 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,105,2561,30478,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X