WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Latics in administration - Lenagan leading bid

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Latics in administration - Lenagan leading bid

Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:54 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 337
TF and the wire wrote:
I'm not a fan of theirs but I hope they survive. I've worked in Wigan for 16 years and know about the rivalry between the two clubs. The mood on here is mainly one of sympathy but I have to say I'm not sure it would be the same if the situation was reversed.



It wouldn't. They have a very very bitter section of fans aged around 45-65 who have a vendetta against Maurice Lindsay which has transcended onto bashing the club. They would be dancing on the street if it was us. Sod em
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:56 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2061
Location: Watching Rugby League
Pieman wrote:
thats what he said but you explained it better


Yes reading it back it was. On first glance it was lose 12 points or don't.
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:19 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3625
Location: wigan...where else!!
Pie_Eyter wrote:
It wouldn't. They have a very very bitter section of fans aged around 45-65 who have a vendetta against Maurice Lindsay which has transcended onto bashing the club. They would be dancing on the street if it was us. Sod em

I’m not celebrating that they are in this position and on the other hand I don’t have any sympathy either. I don’t like football full stop so makes no difference to me.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:07 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 337
hatty wrote:
I’m not celebrating that they are in this position and on the other hand I don’t have any sympathy either. I don’t like football full stop so makes no difference to me.


Thats how i see it Hatty. It was only a matter of time before football went pop. That much money on wages and merchandise based on nothing but guesswork and hope. It isn't sustainable, not even for the likes of Man City and Chelsea when the money is pulled from under them. They will soon disappear.
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:22 pm  

DannyT wrote:
DannyT Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:10 am
Posts: 847
There is always animosity from both sides but deep down everyone surely realises in a small town like ours, with very little going for it, that both clubs are mutually beneficial. It’s easy to forget the rugby situation isn’t exactly clear cut either. I’ve yet to see in any sport a new owner take 4 weeks to basically shut down a club in such a way after the governing body gives them the ok to take over.
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 pm  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 455
Put the boot on the other foot and what do you think they would be saying? Exactly, so no need for sympathy towards them. It is what it is. Move on.
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:34 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14557
JonnyBroad wrote:
Put the boot on the other foot and what do you think they would be saying? Exactly, so no need for sympathy towards them. It is what it is. Move on.


There's no doubt that a few obsessive loudmouths who've taken it on themselves to speak for the whole of the Latics fanbase would be delighted if this was us going under. But in truth, we really don't want to see them founder. I can't stand football - I find no entertainment value in it at all, and I certainly have no inclination to support the Latics just because they happen to represent the town of my birth (those few gobby fans have put paid to any chance of that).

But surely it's far better if the stadium costs are shared equally between two reasonably successful clubs? Wouldn't it be a massive strain on us if we had to shoulder the bulk of it?
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:38 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3625
Location: wigan...where else!!
Cruncher wrote:
But surely it's far better if the stadium costs are shared equally between two reasonably successful clubs? Wouldn't it be a massive strain on us if we had to shoulder the bulk of it?

It’s not shared equally now, we just pay as per our tenancy agreement.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:39 pm  

DannyT wrote:
DannyT Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:10 am
Posts: 847
JonnyBroad wrote:
Put the boot on the other foot and what do you think they would be saying? Exactly, so no need for sympathy towards them. It is what it is. Move on.


So what about those of us with a foot in both camps? Both sides are full of selfish and pathetic individuals who crave negativity and almost feed off it, hoping for disaster of the other rather more than success of their own. It’s what’s always embarrassed me about being from this town.
Re: O/T Latics in administration Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:27 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3625
Location: wigan...where else!!
DannyT wrote:
So what about those of us with a foot in both camps? Both sides are full of selfish and pathetic individuals who crave negativity and almost feed off it, hoping for disaster of the other rather more than success of their own. It’s what’s always embarrassed me about being from this town.

Que sera sera
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, Blueblood, Cherry toffee, Chesterrhino, Cruncher, Dai Jones, dany1979, Darwen Warrior, Egg Chasing, Google Adsense [Bot], hatty, King bill King Bill, Lazy J, LewCharnock, MadDogg, moto748, NickyKiss, NSW, Phuzzy, Pieman, Pugsley Snr, RedWarrior32, S_Riley, sergeant pepper, Suzy Banyon, The Ghost of '99, The Yellow Giraffe, verbatim, warrior1872 and 178 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,1561,40678,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X