WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Could Super League Be Back In Five Weeks

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Could Super League Be Back In Five Weeks


JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 456
Egg Chasing wrote:
Well apparently the first 3 games are at Headingley and one of them is Huddersfield v Leeds. Again, not sure why Huddersfield can't play at home when Huddersfield Town manage to.


Football grounds will not be considered for any behind closed doors games even though there season will have finished by the time we start. just let fans attend games from August and be done with it save all this messing about.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2121
Location: Watching Rugby League
JonnyBroad wrote:
Football grounds will not be considered for any behind closed doors games even though there season will have finished by the time we start. just let fans attend games from August and be done with it save all this messing about.


Makes sense I suppose with the number of people in and out the stadium

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 3700
Whatever they do, this season won't be exactly 'fair'. But they are just trying to get the show on the road, and keep the sport alive. Arguing about whether Leeds have some unfair advantage from playing at Headingley behind closed doors is a piffling matter in context.

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
I haven't actually given any thought about our prospects prior to now but I actually think there's a very good chance we'll win it. Saints' front row has been broken up, Gildart is back and we probably have the best squad depth in the competition which will help us.

A couple of things from the press release which I dont think has been picked up on here - back to a top 4 playoff this year and Elstone seemed to say in his interview that there are no loop fixtures next year due to the late start and the World Cup.

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 456
MadDogg wrote:
I haven't actually given any thought about our prospects prior to now but I actually think there's a very good chance we'll win it. Saints' front row has been broken up, Gildart is back and we probably have the best squad depth in the competition which will help us.

A couple of things from the press release which I dont think has been picked up on here - back to a top 4 playoff this year and Elstone seemed to say in his interview that there are no loop fixtures next year due to the late start and the World Cup.


Its only starting 2 weeks later next year so dropping the loop fixtures may not work entirely and how will that go with forever whinging fans?? Paying more for les blah blah blah.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2121
Location: Watching Rugby League
JonnyBroad wrote:
Its only starting 2 weeks later next year so dropping the loop fixtures may not work entirely and how will that go with forever whinging fans?? Paying more for les blah blah blah.


Not sure the clubs would be happy losing 3 home incomes especially after this season.

Maybe they'll shift the playoffs back to top 4 like this year that way it takes 2 weeks instead of 4 which makes up the time.

muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 469
JonnyBroad wrote:
Paying more for les blah blah blah.


They'll probably chuck in a magic ticket and think that will suffice.

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 456
Egg Chasing wrote:
Not sure the clubs would be happy losing 3 home incomes especially after this season.

Maybe they'll shift the playoffs back to top 4 like this year that way it takes 2 weeks instead of 4 which makes up the time.


Agree totally i would have thought the same structure would be used with possibly bringing easter monday back and throw a midweek game in or to be played on a cc weekend when knocked out which makes up for the 2 weeks lost? Plenty time for that as it seems this year isn’t finalised yet.

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 456
muttywhitedog wrote:
They'll probably chuck in a magic ticket and think that will suffice.


Not sure that will prevent them coming out in force, love any opportunity.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, Azul, Cbr1000rr, DannyT, endoman, Father Ted, Froggy, glee, Grimmy, Lazy J, MOUSE13, NickyKiss, Pieman, ralvag, sergeant pepper, Smalls, warrior1872 and 210 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,105,2431,32478,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X