WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Could Super League Be Back In Five Weeks

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Could Super League Be Back In Five Weeks

Re: Could Super League Be Back In Five Weeks Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Egg Chasing wrote:
Having lost the ashes they can't afford to lose the world cup and a late start to 2021 would probably mean no world cup

The good old Aussies don’t fancy the Ashes but are finding room to play a hybrid game against the All Blacks.

I don’t think I could respect the Aussies any less than I do nowadays. They’ve made a mockery of the international game for too long.

muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Ruddy Duck wrote:
so most clubs including Wigan will be playing all their games away, while clubs like Leeds, St Helens, Warrington etc will still have some home advantage.

There was nothing in the article that suggested that Leeds, St Helens and Warrington will play at home. My understanding is that all games will be played at neutral venues until fans can return. All it means is two locations are used for each round of games, and the two clubs who's ground is being used that round play at the other. There are more than two available locations, so when Saints play Leeds, the HJ is used that weekend and Warrington obviously play their game at the other in-use stadium.

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

[quote="muttywhitedog"]There was nothing in the article that suggested that Leeds, St Helens and Warrington will play at home. My understanding is that all games will be played at neutral venues until fans can return. All it means is two locations are used for each round of games, and the two clubs who's ground is being used that round play at the other. There are more than two available locations, so when Saints play Leeds, the HJ is used that weekend and Warrington obviously play their game at the other in-use stadium.[/quote.

No games should be played until the lockdown ends and things return to normal, even it it means having two shorter seasons with no loop fixtures, no second Magic weekend, so that all game can be played on every club's own ground in front of supporters.

Otherwise, it is a farce created just for Sky Television

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

[quote="Ruddy Duck"]

fancy them wanting a return for their hundred million pounds worth of investment......
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

muttywhitedog wrote:
There was nothing in the article that suggested that Leeds, St Helens and Warrington will play at home. My understanding is that all games will be played at neutral venues until fans can return. All it means is two locations are used for each round of games, and the two clubs who's ground is being used that round play at the other. There are more than two available locations, so when Saints play Leeds, the HJ is used that weekend and Warrington obviously play their game at the other in-use stadium.

The opening three games are at Headingley.

Hull Kingston Rovers v Toronto Wolfpack­­­ (1pm KO)

St Helens v Catalans Dragons (4:15pm KO)

Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos (6:30pm KO)
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower

Egg Chasing wrote:
Having lost the ashes they can't afford to lose the world cup and a late start to 2021 would probably mean no world cup

2021 season will start on 18th February, 2 weeks later than usual.

muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower

Rogues Gallery wrote:
The opening three games are at Headingley.

Hull Kingston Rovers v Toronto Wolfpack­­­ (1pm KO)

St Helens v Catalans Dragons (4:15pm KO)

Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos (6:30pm KO)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53196901

Says "Neutral Venues" in that article

If Leeds get to play at Headingley, its a complete sham. What was wrong with the HJ for those games?
Re: Could Super League Be Back In Five Weeks Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:17 pm  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

[quote="Pieman"]

Are you saying as Wigan Supporter that you are happy with the farce of games being played at only three or four neutral venues with no home games for most of the clubs including Wigan.

It could result in many supporters giving up being a season ticket holder or even stop supporting the game as a result of the way they are being treated by the RFL and Sky Sports.

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

[quote="Ruddy Duck"]

absolutely I am as everyone will be in the same boat and it gets the season going again, NO home club will get a home game so whats the issue? You are saying due to a global pandemic and sport being played behind closed doors for safety people will stop supporting the game? Give over you melon that is ridiculous.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Neutral venues are an issue for me considering the season has already started.

Using ourselves as an example....

We played Castleford away. Small pitch, vocal crowd, crap facilities, horrible place to go, massive advantage to them.

Leeds for example will play them at a neutral venue where Cas lose that advantage. It might only sound like a little thing but it instantly changes the whole dynamic and as I said on another post the integrity of the competition goes out the window.

Some sides have already travelled to France and had the issues that causes, others will play them over here where being away from friends, family, home comforts, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take some hidings.

It just doesn't feel right to me for it to come back in any form other than games at home grounds (not sure why we can't play at home but Latics can) with crowds. If that can't happen then for me it's a sign that it shouldn't be coming back.
PreviousNext