WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Catalan Game

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Catalan Game

Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:39 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

When you see all the panicking going on in stores and supermarkets, it makes you wonder how some today would have coped during the period of the second world war and the ten years or so period after the war when there was food rationing, a benefit system which was nothing like it is today, a health service in its infancy with nothing like equipment it has today together with extreme poverty and a real shortage of housing as a result of all the bombing.

The problem for the majority today is that have never experience hard times, only the good life!
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:23 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Ruddy Duck wrote:
When you see all the panicking going on in stores and supermarkets, it makes you wonder how some today would have coped during the period of the second world war and the ten years or so period after the war when there was food rationing, a benefit system which was nothing like it is today, a health service in its infancy with nothing like equipment it has today together with extreme poverty and a real shortage of housing as a result of all the bombing.

The problem for the majority today is that have never experience hard times, only the good life!

Spot on. Even if we go into lockdown supermarkets will remain open. We haven’t panic bought anything. I think it’s bloody ridiculous, you see videos on social media of queues going out the entrance drive of shops.

Unfortunately me and my wife are both out there on the front line and at risk of infection. It’s an uncertain, uneasy and worrying time for us. I’m particularly at risk with suffering from asthma, albeit mild.

We need that community spirit back, the type that got us through hard times such as WW2. But we’ve got this “I’m for me and f*** everyone else” attitude. Hence people bulk buying ridiculous amounts of toilet roll with no consideration for anyone else.
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:28 am  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

100% Warrior wrote:
Spot on. Even if we go into lockdown supermarkets will remain open. We haven’t panic bought anything. I think it’s bloody ridiculous, you see videos on social media of queues going out the entrance drive of shops.

Unfortunately me and my wife are both out there on the front line and at risk of infection. It’s an uncertain, uneasy and worrying time for us. I’m particularly at risk with suffering from asthma, albeit mild.

We need that community spirit back, the type that got us through hard times such as WW2. But we’ve got this “I’m for me and f*** everyone else” attitude. Hence people bulk buying ridiculous amounts of toilet roll with no consideration for anyone else.

Where did this toilet roll thing start? I can understand people maybe buying a little extra food just in case they have to isolate but i can not think of any reason why a stock of toilet rolls should be a high priority. On average i use 2 toilet rolls a week so unless this virus gives you the runs which it does not except in rare cases then i see no reason that anybody should need to be stocking up on months worth of toilet rolls.

Lets keep the medical advice to the professionals, thanks - MOD
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:48 pm  

Azul wrote:
Azul Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Azul wrote:

I'd have said because they're idiots so the same thing I suppose.
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:52 pm  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Egg Chasing wrote:
I'd have said because they're idiots so the same thing I suppose.

I hope they are all buying condoms as well so they dont produce any more idiots while in isolation
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:18 pm  

User avatarPemps wrote:
Pemps User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor
100% League Network Sponsor

I think we can expect a baby boom if the country goes into lockdown for a few weeks.
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 pm  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pemps wrote:
I think we can expect a baby boom if the country goes into lockdown for a few weeks.

Yes. They will forever be known as the 'Coronials'.
In 2034 they will also be reffered to as the 'Quaranteens'.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:27 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The_Enforcer wrote:
Where did this toilet roll thing start? I can understand people maybe buying a little extra food just in case they have to isolate but i can not think of any reason why a stock of toilet rolls should be a high priority. On average i use 2 toilet rolls a week so unless this virus gives you the runs which it does not except in rare cases then i see no reason that anybody should need to be stocking up on months worth of toilet rolls.

Lets keep the medical advice to the professionals, thanks - MOD

Started in Aus as their supplies come from China, so they bought in bulk in case supplies were disrupted, people over here saw it and did the same.....complete idiots
Re: Catalan Game Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm  
Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Pemps wrote:

And a lot of divorce as well - it'll be like Christmas on steroids but without the ability to escape somewhere on Boxing Day with your Christmas jumper.
PreviousNext