WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Negativity

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Negativity

Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:29 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Rogues Gallery wrote:
It was Frenchs pass that was intercepted for the 1st try. For Brierlys try French and Manfredis were having a "discussion" on the right wing. Manfredis had French in support on the break but chose not to use him. Powell threw the slack pass which was picked up by Brierley.

It was a shocking pass by Powell, not for the first time.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:14 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wigg'n wrote:
It was a shocking pass by Powell, not for the first time.

It was a shocking pass to him as well, with him catching it above his head. We really need to improve our basics in those situations. There are too many times when we try and open up and move the ball and passes aren’t hitting the mark.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:39 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
It was a shocking pass to him as well, with him catching it above his head. We really need to improve our basics in those situations. There are too many times when we try and open up and move the ball and passes aren’t hitting the mark.

I agree there. If we look at Saints or the Roosters; part of the reason they have been so successful is because of their pinpoint passing accuracy and consistency in their slick movement of the ball. We are an improving - and let’s not forget, quite a young team. I can let things like this go. Let’s be fair it’s not all the time it happens it’s more of a here and there error which can happen to all teams too. As the team grows, ages and develops so will this aspect of our game.

We also throw in that we’ve been completely broken down and rebuilt again as a team attacking style gives rise to letting it go too IMO.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:54 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

100% Warrior wrote:
I agree there. If we look at Saints or the Roosters; part of the reason they have been so successful is because of their pinpoint passing accuracy and consistency in their slick movement of the ball. We are an improving - and let’s not forget, quite a young team. I can let things like this go. Let’s be fair it’s not all the time it happens it’s more of a here and there error which can happen to all teams too. As the team grows, ages and develops so will this aspect of our game.

We also throw in that we’ve been completely broken down and rebuilt again as a team attacking style gives rise to letting it go too IMO.

It’s been something that has aggravated me for a good while and that across the league, not just at Wigan. I’ve always felt the big difference between us and the Aussies in close games are just the basics. They’re forced to concentrate and trained to nail their skills under pressure by playing in a league that is tough and doesn’t give you many minutes off. That phase of play had Manfredi not playing a simple ball to French (certainly the real weak link of Manfredi’s game) and then two horrendous passes, which resulted in the opposition breaking away and scoring.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:15 pm  

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

100% Warrior wrote:

I get your point but "Saints" and "so successful" is an oxymoron. They've won one major trophy in 5 years!
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:19 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Phuzzy wrote:
I get your point but "Saints" and "so successful" is an oxymoron. They've won one major trophy in 5 years!

They won two in the last decade and one was a steal.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:14 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
Silver RLFANS Member

Phuzzy wrote:

Meaning last season as opposed to the last 5yrs. They’re the best in the country so are the benchmark. We all know we’re more successful than Saints in general :D
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:16 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
Silver RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
It’s been something that has aggravated me for a good while and that across the league, not just at Wigan. I’ve always felt the big difference between us and the Aussies in close games are just the basics. They’re forced to concentrate and trained to nail their skills under pressure by playing in a league that is tough and doesn’t give you many minutes off. That phase of play had Manfredi not playing a simple ball to French (certainly the real weak link of Manfredi’s game) and then two horrendous passes, which resulted in the opposition breaking away and scoring.

True and you’re spot on with the international comparison too. The Aussies do the basics well and that’s what wins them games, we have concentrated on the big expansive stuff with disregard to the basics which shows. Perhaps with Wane in charge, who is a stickler for the basics, that will change.
Re: Negativity Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Phuzzy wrote:
2 GF wins in 14 years, Proper successful
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Previous