WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Negativity

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Negativity

Re: Negativity Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It was certainly a step back from the two previous weeks but you’re not going to be on top form every week. I’m another who still has doubts on Lam and most of that is down to selection. I don’t think he’s picked what I’d consider his strongest available 17 yet or he’s certainly not put it in the order I’d consider to be his strongest but when he’s got close we’ve put in our best performances. If he’s brave enough to make some tough calls then we could do something this year.
Re: Negativity Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:00 pm  

User avatarWigan Peer wrote:
Wigan Peer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Negativity?... Nope, never seen that... :roll:
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.

aboveusonlypie...
If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:07 am  

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

DaveO wrote:
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. I thought the ref was very poor and some of the penalties were not fathomable. Particularly the one where one of their players without the ball set off and just ran into a couple of our players and he blew up. The 10m was often 5m particularly when the ball was turned over.

I'd agree about Smith coming on earlier as well. I lost my temper when TL kicked the ball out in the full. It was the last straw on what was a very poor performance from him.

Lam said after the match sometimes you need to win ugly and last season this is the kind of game we may have lost. I don't disagree but now I am looking to see what his selection will be for Friday v Salford. If at least one of Bullock and Clark don't figure with a short five day turnaround I think any notion of Lam rotating the squad can be put to bed. This is exactly when rotation is the right thing to do.

I don't think any of these observations are negative. As we are winning they are nice problems to be discussing on a forum which is what they are for.

Indeed Dave. The one you refer to above was completely bizzarre. I know we often criticise the linesmen for not doing enough but yesterday saw the complete opposite. I thought Hicks in particular was giving some very poor advice and, if I'm not mistaken, that one was one of them.

I agree that there's a difference between discussion and negativity. You need the latter to have the former in any meaningful sense. I just think that balance is too often overlooked. There are almost always two sides to every story and multiple ways to interpret the same set of observations. My problem (if that's the right word) is with posters who see everything through an unrelentingly negative lens. I've pointed out many times over the years how easy it is to take a balanced view if you make the effort.

At Salford Lam needs to include Bullock if only to show he wasn't 'dropped' against KR. Ideally he'll include him because he sees his worth, particularly going forward. It's chalk and cheese how much better our backs go behind a pack moving forward. We also need to get past these slow starts so an opening prop combination that can achieve this needs to be found and fast. A slow start against the likes of Saints and we may not have the luxury of winning it in the second half. The game last year at Langtree was over by then.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Just watched the highlights back on the Super League Show. Hull KR’s first try and Brierleys try; where was French? The breaks didn’t look particularly speedy and I’d have thought he’d be able to get back?

Not a criticism of French, just an observation. Obviously I wasn’t there and the TV shot only shows the break rather than the full field and thus French’s position at the time and any attempt to get back.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:06 am  

Angelus wrote:
Angelus Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

100% Warrior wrote:
Just watched the highlights back on the Super League Show. Hull KR’s first try and Brierleys try; where was French? The breaks didn’t look particularly speedy and I’d have thought he’d be able to get back?

Not a criticism of French, just an observation. Obviously I wasn’t there and the TV shot only shows the break rather than the full field and thus French’s position at the time and any attempt to get back.

Their first try was a breakaway if i remember rightly? French was in the attacking line. Same with Brierleys i believe, he was on one of the wings.
Self-virtuous hypocrite
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:08 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It was Frenchs pass that was intercepted for the 1st try. For Brierlys try French and Manfredis were having a "discussion" on the right wing. Manfredis had French in support on the break but chose not to use him. Powell threw the slack pass which was picked up by Brierley.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:32 pm  

WWste wrote:
WWste Stevo's Armpit

100% Warrior wrote:

I look forward to Gilly being back for this reason. How many times has he ran back, sometimes from across the over side of the field and stopped a try.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:56 pm  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I hate to think what it would be like if we never had any success like most of the other clubs!
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:18 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Ruddy Duck wrote:
I hate to think what it would be like if we never had any success like most of the other clubs!

Be a lot better, remember how everybody rallied round in the relegation dogfight year, by a mile the best atmosphere the DW's seen.
Re: Negativity Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Angelus wrote:
Their first try was a breakaway if i remember rightly? French was in the attacking line. Same with Brierleys i believe, he was on one of the wings.

That’s fair enough - like I said, I’m not criticising and I wasn’t there so I didn’t get the full picture, though I’m led to believe for Brierleys try he was ‘talking’ to Manfredi about a pass he never received. He’ll learn from that I’m sure and I’d be a liar if I said I’d never done it before either!
PreviousNext