WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wells & Kilner to Toronto

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Wells & Kilner to Toronto

Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:21 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Really happy with this. They’re both in need of the challenge and hopefully they will get plenty of game time.
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

My only reservation is if they are being expected to line up as front line forwards, particularly Kilner in a team that is getting a hiding each week.

They are both top prospects and expecting them to take on the workload of a seasoned pro in a struggling team may do more harm than good.

I’m sure the club have discussed role and workload as part of the move though and on the face of it a cracking life experience for the pair of them too.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Who will be paying their wages as i thought i read that Toronto were up to the limit on the salary cap or do loans of junior players not count?.
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

In fairness to them they’re sticking in games and haven’t been too far off. I don’t think they’ll go there and be expected to whack out 80 minutes. The chance for them to play alongside Sonny Bill must be exciting and it will hopefully prove a great experience for them.
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

With all these loan signings, not only by Wigan, what is the point of having a Reserve League.

Its now getting as bad as Football!
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:58 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Ruddy Duck wrote:
With all these loan signings, not only by Wigan, what is the point of having a Reserve League.

Its now getting as bad as Football!

Really don't see the problem. 2 lads with bags of potential move to a side playing Super League and you don't like it. Players like George Burgess who need match fitness can get the required game time in the reserves before transitioning back into the first team. It's win win all around
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:25 pm  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

[quote="MadDogg"]I hope so - dont just want him to leave for the sake of the club either. He's definitely worthy of a starting spot in a SL side - he shouldn't be wasting his career playing reserves.[/quote

Or not even playing reserves like last week?
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:11 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Cheeky half-back

From what I have seen of Toronto so far, the only good experience Kilner and Wells being forwards are going to get is plenty of practice in tackling as the squad of the club with the exception is not much different than it was in last season's Championship apart from Sonny Bill Williams.

Been better for them to go clubs like Hull KR, Salford, Wakefield or even Featherstone, Leigh or Widnes in the Championship
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:15 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
My only reservation is if they are being expected to line up as front line forwards, particularly Kilner in a team that is getting a hiding each week.

They are both top prospects and expecting them to take on the workload of a seasoned pro in a struggling team may do more harm than good.

I’m sure the club have discussed role and workload as part of the move though and on the face of it a cracking life experience for the pair of them too.

They’re not getting a hiding at all, they’re competing and don’t look too far off IMO. A hiding is getting 40-60 put on them every week, they look every bit a team that will pick up results along the season.
Re: Wells & Kilner to Toronto Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Cheeky half-back

100% Warrior wrote:
They’re not getting a hiding at all, they’re competing and don’t look too far off IMO. A hiding is getting 40-60 put on them every week, they look every bit a team that will pick up results along the season.

Come on, the Toronto squad with the exception of two or three players or so is hardly any better than many of the lower clubs of the Super League or the top clubs of the Championship.

Unless, Toronto sign more better players than cast offs of our clubs, they will continue to make no big impact in our game which has already been proved by the poor crowds they so far have attracted at games here.

In the games so far, our clubs, including Wigan should have scored far more points than they did!
PreviousNext