WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - George Burgess

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors George Burgess

Re: George Burgess Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:32 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6190
Pie_Eyter wrote:
A little surprised by the praise George is getting I must admit. When he came on he was goosed after 5 mins. I was sat right right at the front. The trainer came on and asked George if he was ok. I heard him clear as day "mate, I'm fcked" that's what smoking and drinking does for a pro though I suppose. Glad he came back on and made an impact and hope he rolls on in the next few weeks and becomes the player we signed him to be


Smoking and drinking?

Your viewpoint on GB from yesterday is in direct conflict with everyone else, including the BBCRM commentators yesterday. IMO if a front rower has been smashing it in, making hard hares with defenders piled around him he should be shattered! He’ll only get better with more match fitness. I’m glad to see he has quietened a few ney-sayers down.
Re: George Burgess Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:09 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24327
Location: WIGAN
I thought he looked like he was feeling pretty fresh for the first 10-15 mins of his spell but we‘d had a period where we had most of the ball. When we starting defending it looked more of a struggle fitness wise but he got through it and it will help him going forward. We were talking at the game about him looking tired towards the end of his first spell but said that with a decent lead we’d be as well keeping him on as the more minutes he could get through would only help him long term.

Looking at his stats he made 110m from 14 carries. That’s what we bought him for and hopefully they can build his fitness ready to start games. There’s a starting spot up for grabs alongside Partington. I know Clubb went off after 13 mins but he’d took 1 hit up by that point and it’s not good enough. A step back after last weeks improvement.
Re: George Burgess Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:00 am  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 273
100% Warrior wrote:
Pie_Eyter wrote:
A little surprised by the praise George is getting I must admit. When he came on he was goosed after 5 mins. I was sat right right at the front. The trainer came on and asked George if he was ok. I heard him clear as day "mate, I'm fcked" that's what smoking and drinking does for a pro though I suppose. Glad he came back on and made an impact and hope he rolls on in the next few weeks and becomes the player we signed him to be


Smoking and drinking?

Your viewpoint on GB from yesterday is in direct conflict with everyone else, including the BBCRM commentators yesterday. IMO if a front rower has been smashing it in, making hard hares with defenders piled around him he should be shattered! He’ll only get better with more match fitness. I’m glad to see he has quietened a few ney-sayers down.


Yeah in pre season. Smoking away like a good un. I have nothing particularly against i, i know a footballer who smokes like a trooper but he is still fit. Geroge was much much better yesterday but still a long way off. He was running on empty for a long way but as i said, progressive from game 1. Let it continue. Enjoyed the game, it was a brilliant atmosphere from our lot. Team is playing well in winter, can only be a good sign.
Re: George Burgess Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:07 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2215
Changed the game yesterday, was excellent and busy. Made over 100m which our props rarely do.

I’d leave him on the bench and build up match fitness.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: George Burgess Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:46 am  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Watching Rugby League
NSW wrote:
Changed the game yesterday, was excellent and busy. Made over 100m which our props rarely do.

I’d leave him on the bench and build up match fitness.


Agreed. We have missed a game changing prop for a few seasons now that we bring on after 20 minutes who tramples over tired bodies.
Re: George Burgess Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 am  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 273
On George. Maybe it's from where I was sitting. I was pretty much at ground level. But just before he came off did anyone else see how he made a tackle? It was one in particular. My eyes could be playing tricks but a Huddersfield player was just about to break the line and George couldn't get there so instead he stuck his arm out and grabbed a handful of shirt and reefed the attacker to the ground one handed. Please tell me somebody else saw that. It was a 3 man tackle in the end but it was deffo George who did the majority of it
Re: George Burgess Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:16 pm  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 453
Pie_Eyter wrote:
Yeah in pre season. Smoking away like a good un. I have nothing particularly against i, i know a footballer who smokes like a trooper but he is still fit. Geroge was much much better yesterday but still a long way off. He was running on empty for a long way but as i said, progressive from game 1. Let it continue. Enjoyed the game, it was a brilliant atmosphere from our lot. Team is playing well in winter, can only be a good sign.



If he continues to play well then i will buy him some cigs no worries. How have we again managed to create a negative out of a positive performance?
Re: George Burgess Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:48 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 273
JonnyBroad wrote:
If he continues to play well then i will buy him some cigs no worries. How have we again managed to create a negative out of a positive performance?


Negative? I was suggesting that it won't help him be fit. I also stated that i know a Championship level footballer who smokes a lot but is fit as a fiddle. I also said i have nothing against it as long as they are fit. I was happy with the improvement on Sunday and have stated that but im not going overboard just yet. Lots of positives on the Warrington game but let's be honest, he only had to turn up to do that, but that was probably Lam's fault anyway being a bit naive. Im very much looking forward to watching him progress, his strength is still clearly there and if he can get up to speed he will be the best prop in the league.
Re: George Burgess Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:22 pm  

User avatarP-J wrote:
P-J User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 1769
Pie_Eyter wrote:
On George. Maybe it's from where I was sitting. I was pretty much at ground level. But just before he came off did anyone else see how he made a tackle? It was one in particular. My eyes could be playing tricks but a Huddersfield player was just about to break the line and George couldn't get there so instead he stuck his arm out and grabbed a handful of shirt and reefed the attacker to the ground one handed. Please tell me somebody else saw that. It was a 3 man tackle in the end but it was deffo George who did the majority of it

Yes, he tackled a Giant by grabbing a handful of shirt near the base of his neck and pulling him down with one arm.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anglesey Warrior, Azul, bonaire, Cherry toffee, Cherry_&_White, green machine, Grimmy, hatty, jeffb, MadDogg, NickyKiss, sergeant pepper, Smalls, tugglesf78, verbatim and 142 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,085,9861,21678,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X