WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - George Burgess

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors George Burgess

Re: George Burgess Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 pm  
newgroundb4wakey Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

[[color=#FF0000]quote="NSW"]Hahaha, played one game then injured [/color]?

You lot were crying when Clark was announced he was off to a big club, then went on to say how crap he was.[/quote]

Not really, clash of heads with his own player resulting in concussion and an enforced 8 day absence.
He was outstanding in the pre season friendlies.
I for one never said he was crap, in fact completely the opposite. I said he was a bit of a cult figure who lifted the crowd and the team when he came on. The trouble being was he only lasted 15 minutes and Hepi can do twice that. A bit OTT but last week Grant Millington (age 33) played 80 minutes at prop for Cas which would suggest your forwards are lacking somewhat in fitness and stamina.
Anyway, congratulations on a good win yesterday hope we can do the same in France.
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:47 pm  

KingRoss11 wrote:
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Cracking performance today from the big man, shut up a lot of doubters including myself, let’s hope he can stay at that level and even kick on, looks like the enforcer is wrong again
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:52 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Chalk and cheese from the first game. Hopefully they can manage whatever is wrong with his hip and as he plays more games and gets fitter, he should get better and better.

I commented at the game after his try how good it was to finally have a Wigan side were our two props (Bullock the other) striding back for the kick off are absolute units.
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:41 pm  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Thought he was really good today, attracted 3 or 4 defenders everytime which created the space to play in on the back of it. More of the same going forward and we will be in a better place.
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:41 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
Chalk and cheese from the first game. Hopefully they can manage whatever is wrong with his hip and as he plays more games and gets fitter, he should get better and better.

I commented at the game after his try how good it was to finally have a Wigan side were our two props (Bullock the other) striding back for the kick off are absolute units.

Liam Bryne as well! Finally some size in the pack much needed
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:46 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

NSW wrote:
Liam Bryne as well! Finally some size in the pack much needed

I thought Byrne had a great game today. Like you say he’s also a big, athletic lad and his confidence looks to be building. Our pack could be pretty special in the next couple of years.
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 pm  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

KingRoss11 wrote:
Cracking performance today from the big man, shut up a lot of doubters including myself, let’s hope he can stay at that level and even kick on, looks like the enforcer is wrong again

Hey schmendrick, wrong about what exactly?

I have always said he would do an ok job but is a shadow of the player he once was. Thats the only thing i have ever said about him.
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
I thought Byrne had a great game today. Like you say he’s also a big, athletic lad and his confidence looks to be building. Our pack could be pretty special in the next couple of years.

Reminds me a bit of Paul Prescott
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Seemed to have used the 4 weeks very well - looked a bit slimmer to me. Was hard to stop when he took the ball in. The impact bench role is probably best for him at the moment - hopefully he can build up to a starting position in time.
Re: George Burgess Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:36 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

A little surprised by the praise George is getting I must admit. When he came on he was goosed after 5 mins. I was sat right right at the front. The trainer came on and asked George if he was ok. I heard him clear as day "mate, I'm fcked" that's what smoking and drinking does for a pro though I suppose. Glad he came back on and made an impact and hope he rolls on in the next few weeks and becomes the player we signed him to be
PreviousNext