WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - George Burgess

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors George Burgess

George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:45 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Please don't bring him back on for the 2nd half - a liability for the first 15. Needs at least 4 weeks of reserves on the back of that. Took him 5 seconds to do a 180 turn - he was getting mauled at the play the ball.

How on earth the coaching staff thought he was ready is beyond me.
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:49 pm  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MadDogg wrote:
Please don't bring him back on for the 2nd half - a liability for the first 15. Needs at least 4 weeks of reserves on the back of that. Took him 5 seconds to do a 180 turn - he was getting mauled at the play the ball.

How on earth the coaching staff thought he was ready is beyond me.

Sadly i warned of G Burgess decline throughout the off season. He is nothing like the player he once was. Im not saying he wont get better (he cant not after that) but the talk of him being the best prop in the league is fantasy land.
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:50 pm  

User avatarCM Punk wrote:
CM Punk User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Sky reporter mentioned a potential hip injury, IIRC he missed the Leeds preseason game with a knock? Hope we've not signed a crock.
Wigan RLFC
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:52 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Looks like injury to me but that raises the question on why he was picked carrying it. Poor coaching decision.
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:02 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

He's had chronic hip issues over a number of years so we'll have to see how it affects him over the year. For the time being though there surely needs to.be some time in the reserves. It's not as if we're lacking prop forwards.
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:04 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Picked and picked to start! Crazy stuff really. If they knew he wasn’t right then maybe you’d forgive a bench spot at a push but not a starting spot. It very nearly cost us the game because sadly he was that bad.

How Bullock wasn’t selected tonight after two good performances against Leeds and Leigh is beyond me.
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
Picked and picked to start! Crazy stuff really. If they knew he wasn’t right then maybe you’d forgive a bench spot at a push but not a starting spot. It very nearly cost us the game because sadly he was that bad.

How Bullock wasn’t selected tonight after two good performances against Leeds and Leigh is beyond me.

My thoughts exactly re Bullock, unless he had an injury in training I can think for the life of me why he wasn’t selected.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

hatty wrote:
My thoughts exactly re Bullock, unless he had an injury in training I can think for the life of me why he wasn’t selected.

Don’t think Lams a fan, which I guess is down to training attitude. He looked in great shape in those pre season games, much fitter, slimmer and he was getting out better at marker. He was excellent at Leigh yet Lam said he was good ‘at times’, I knew then he wouldn’t be playing this week.

Looking at tonight Burgess needs some time to get right and then after that I thought Havard was excellent when he came on. Liam Byrne did well and Bullock should join those two in the side at Cas. I love Partingtons attitude but he lacks go forward and I’d probably just plump for Clubb over him.
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:43 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Looked so unfit and out of shape
Re: George Burgess Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:01 pm  

DannyT wrote:
DannyT Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It’s one game so trying hard to make a judgement but that was a debut to have serious cause for concern about. He’s got a target on him and he’ll get bounced around the league like a rag doll if his conditioning remains so poor.
Next