u RLFANS.COM - Who is the Lockers replacement already at the club? WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who is the Lockers replacement already at the club?

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Who is the Lockers replacement already at the club?

Posted by The_Enforcer on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:51 am
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 62nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 997
Grimmy wrote:
Go on then, if you're saying they didn't clash heads, how did he fracture his eye socket? If you admit they did clash heads, how can he possibly have been trying to make a high tackle at the same time?


It was a high shot. I remember it clearly. You can bang your head whilst raising your arm at the same time you know.

Morley was a serial head hunter. He took out Robbie McCormack from the kick off in 98, took out Robbie Kearns from the kick off in a test match. The guy was born with his arm in the air.
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:02 am
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 543
Rep Position: 31st / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
The_Enforcer wrote:
I said Morley was a good player, average/decent if you strip away his aggression.

Over rated as in not the truly world class player he is made out to be. Just because he won a lot of trophies does not mean it was simply down to him being a great player. It means he was in decent teams at the time.


You couldn’t name 3 British props with a better record. He’s played for said teams selected multiple times due to individual performances. You consistently have nothing to support your own opinions apart from another opinion. No facts or substance.

Prove me wrong. For once add a little substance to a point.
Posted by The_Enforcer on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:02 am
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 62nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 997
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
You couldn’t name 3 British props with a better record. He’s played for said teams selected multiple times due to individual performances. You consistently have nothing to support your own opinions apart from another opinion. No facts or substance.

Prove me wrong. For once add a little substance to a point.


Your argument is based on how many trophies a player wins as to a marker of good they are as a player. Its nonsense and far too simplistic thinking to get the true picture. It simply means that Morley was in the right place at the right time just as Ricky Bibby was when he won 2 challenge cup medals. Morley was over rated, i had Aussie friends who i used to talk to around the time he played in Aus and they all voiced frustration about him flying out of the line trying to put on a big hit and missing more than he connected.
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 543
Rep Position: 31st / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
The_Enforcer wrote:
Your argument is based on how many trophies a player wins as to a marker of good they are as a player. Its nonsense and far too simplistic thinking to get the true picture. It simply means that Morley was in the right place at the right time just as Ricky Bibby was when he won 2 challenge cup medals. Morley was over rated, i had Aussie friends who i used to talk to around the time he played in Aus and they all voiced frustration about him flying out of the line trying to put on a big hit and missing more than he connected.


Whereas you fail to address any point I make. You're now supporting your opinions with your 'Aussie friends'. You are also missing the point. Morley wasn't an Ian Kirke, he was selected for multiple high profile clubs who had their pick of players. If Morley was 'just a thug'...
-Why would Sydney Roosters not recruit an NRL player? why fly out a player from the other side of the world to play in a top side?
-Why would several GB and England coaches select Morley time and time again as a starting prop when they had literally every GB/English forward to pick from?

Take a look at the Bradford side that did what they could to loan him.

Whereas your argument of Ricky Bibey is terrible. He wasn't signed multiple times by top teams and certainly wasn't chosen to represent his country, he was a journey man.

I'm now concerned you're not getting this.
Posted by The_Enforcer on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 62nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 997
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Whereas you fail to address any point I make. You're now supporting your opinions with your 'Aussie friends'. You are also missing the point. Morley wasn't an Ian Kirke, he was selected for multiple high profile clubs who had their pick of players. If Morley was 'just a thug'...
-Why would Sydney Roosters not recruit an NRL player? why fly out a player from the other side of the world to play in a top side?
-Why would several GB and England coaches select Morley time and time again as a starting prop when they had literally every GB/English forward to pick from?

Take a look at the Bradford side that did what they could to loan him.

Whereas your argument of Ricky Bibey is terrible. He wasn't signed multiple times by top teams and certainly wasn't chosen to represent his country, he was a journey man.

I'm now concerned you're not getting this.


I never said 'he was just a thug'. I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Ive said time and time again that he was a good player but it was the aggression that made him a good player and the rest of his game was just decent/average. I find him over rated, that means i dont think he was as good as he is made out to be. You seem to be doing mental gymnastics in order to try and make out that i have said he was crap/garbage or rubbish. You are immortalising Morley like the holy grail of props when he simply wasnt.
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:17 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 543
Rep Position: 31st / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
The_Enforcer wrote:
I never said 'he was just a thug'. I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Ive said time and time again that he was a good player but it was the aggression that made him a good player and the rest of his game was just decent/average. I find him over rated, that means i dont think he was as good as he is made out to be. You seem to be doing mental gymnastics in order to try and make out that i have said he was crap/garbage or rubbish. You are immortalising Morley like the holy grail of props when he simply wasnt.


Nope.

This is what I'm saying; 'Morley has been one of the best British props in the last few decades'. I don't think saying that makes him overrated. I have supported that with listing his achievements (which puts him above nearly all GB forwards) And then explained how he's achievements also reflect his career and performances. All that evidences and supports my statement.

In opposition you've offered nothing in the slightest to counter my statement. You've backed yourself up with your own opinion and 'your Aussie mates'.

It's that clear really. Not exactly 'mental gymnastics' it's a simple process of making a statement and supporting it with facts.

Some posters in here are fantastic at countering a point, offering a different take to back up a different opinion with facts and not just opinion. Hopefully you'll get there one day mate ;)
Posted by Ashton Bears on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:45 pm
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 101
Rep Position: 214th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1216
Location: Around the three Sisters
I thought this site was about Lockers replacement and not about 5 pages of Morley.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: billys pineapple, Charlie Sheen, KingRoss11, muttywhitedog, Saint_Claire, sergeant pepper, tedglen and 132 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,025,9621,14178,0434,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






28